When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

40 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This is not normal.  Normally a GM outlasts a couple of coaches before his firing is contemplated. The problem here is the suspicion that our GM has a baffling allegiance to a coach who is nothing special. Bergevin had done nothing to warrant firing IMHO, but at some point he has to be prepared to kick MT's ass out of the foxhole. That's just the way it is in professional sport - can MB really believe that he and Therrien are the exception?

Therrien that great. He's in the middle of the muddle with guys that last 2-3 years. His resume and performance don't allow him a five year tenure.

To me this has been happening every year for a long time around this time of year. Teams play loose at the start of the year and it plays good for the system that MT has. But when teams play more of a defense system when trying to make a push for the playoffs , this team seems to go in a tail spin.

MT isn't the right coach for this team. I get why we hired him in the first place. But now there are a lot better coaches out there it's time for a change.

Bit from 2nd to last coach firing;

"Expectations were high this season...

After a strong start, the Canadiens went into a skid starting just before the all-star game in Montreal on Jan. 25 that saw them win only three of 15 games and fall from safely in playoff position to the thick of the race for the eighth and final post-season spot in the NHL Eastern Conference.

They rebounded with four close wins, then lost two more on the road – including a hapless 2-0 loss to lowly Atlanta – before beating injury-riddled Dallas.

Just a few weeks ago Gainey said his best move as Habs GM was hiring Carbonneau.

But now the former Canadiens captain is out as his team fell into lacklustre, indisciplined hockey and the threat of missing the playoffs came into the picture.

There had been calls for the coach to be axed recently from fans and some media members who felt he had no answers to the way opponents had been shutting down to Montreal's quick-transition game.

"There were certain games when I had a real confusion about the overall ... it showed up as effort, but I felt like it was emotional engagement to a game," said Gainey. "Our team (did) not seem to be emotionally engaged.""

Will a similar post-mortum be written within next month or so, if losses keep coming after spring break.

3 minutes ago, DON said:

After a strong start, the Canadiens went into a skid starting just before the all-star game in Montreal on Jan. 25 that saw them win only three of 15 games and fall from safely in playoff position to the thick of the race for the eighth and final post-season spot in the NHL Eastern Conference.

They rebounded with four close wins, then lost two more on the road – including a hapless 2-0 loss to lowly Atlanta – before beating injury-riddled Dallas.

Just a few weeks ago Gainey said his best move as Habs GM was hiring Carbonneau.

But now the former Canadiens captain is out as his team fell into lacklustre, indisciplined hockey and the threat of missing the playoffs came into the picture.

There had been calls for the coach to be axed recently from fans and some media members who felt he had no answers to the way opponents had been shutting down to Montreal's quick-transition game.

"There were certain games when I had a real confusion about the overall ... it showed up as effort, but I felt like it was emotional engagement to a game," said Gainey. "Our team (did) not seem to be emotionally engaged.""

Will a similar post-mortum be written within next month or so, if losses keep coming after spring break.

Firing Carbo was the right move and firing MT will be the right move if the team struggles coming out of the bye week. Especially with Muller and/or Julien just sitting there ready to take the reins.

Just now, Commandant said:

I didn't attack the things you said about body language.  What you see out on the ice is one thing where you have actual evidence to back it up. 

What his leadership role is in the room behind closed doors, no one has any evidence of that. 

You didn't attack at all, C...all good

2 hours ago, DON said:

Just to clarify, they cannot hire Claude Julien right now. They need Boston's ok, and I doubt the Bruins are going to give that permission to the Habs of all teams. They have a shot at the playoffs, and they are not going to fork that for any reason. Maybe in the off season but definitely not now. So now the choice is Captn Kirk, and I would be happy with that but of course the old language rule comes into effect. As to Mr Gainey replacing Carbo as coach, the team did worse so smart move Bob.  You knew how to run an organization but you were't much of a coach for Montreal. Bob is one of my hero's but the truth is the truth.

So who could not be top contenders Marc Crawford, Guy Boucher, (Bruce Boudreau, Bob Hartley, Randy Carlyle any French here ) I think the two best candidates Bruce Boudreau or Guy Boucher and because of his French Guy wins but I think Bruce is the best available coach right now. Come on guys Claude, Carbo, Kirt, or Roy is not the answer we are looking for

12 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I'd be happy with Hitchcock.

His time had come in St. Louis but that man can coach.

If memory serves, he was planning to retire, wasn't he? I doubt he's on the list,

If MT is by some miracle canned, then it will be Muller, with, perhaps, Julien signed in the off season. 

(Can you imagine, though , if Bergevin decides to promote Lefebvre instead? :lol::lol:)

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

If memory serves, he was planning to retire, wasn't he? I doubt he's on the list,

If MT is by some miracle canned, then it will be Muller, with, perhaps, Julien signed in the off season. 

(Can you imagine, though , if Bergevin decides to promote Lefebvre instead? :lol::lol:)

I believe Gallant is still out there. IMHO, Sly should have been fired three years ago. 

I admire Julian, and would be happy if he were hired (anyone is better than MT at this point) ...CJ and Muller would make an excellent duo behind the bench.  Having said that, the Habs are not the Bruins, and CJ's coaching style is centered on defence first, and then stresses forecheck forecheck forecheck....not so sure that makes for a great fit with the current version of our beloved team...so while is he, no doubt, a better version of what MT brings, i think the team might need to go in a different direction.   

Edited by THE Bobby Orr

7 hours ago, DON said:

Well Don looks like this old chestnut is going to bite the dust. Le Genius is now getting paid to do fork all. I doubt he will notice the difference. I am sure he will get a job right away.

2 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Bought time! 

Is this a slap in the face to Muller? 

No I think he will still be the associate coach. He knows ya gotta speak french to coach in Montreal. Which is why he left the first time.