When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

58 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Funny seeing you say this. You must still be high on Therrien getting fired.

I hate his bullshit routine in the last 5 minutes of a game that he is losing big, but there is no denying his system. 

The Bruins have been a top possession team for a long time, that isn't an accident. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I was so sick of the system. I liked Julien in his first go around. I'm excited to see how the team plays with him. Less dump and chase makes me happy. 

Julien is very much a System coach.  This team is going to be drilled into the system even more than Therrien did.  They aren't opening things up.... 

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

Well Don looks like this old chestnut is going to bite the dust. Le Genius is now getting paid to do fork all. I doubt he will notice the difference. I am sure he will get a job right away.

Sorry to see you thread die, see move as change for sake of change, one defensive coach over another, or a Pepsi for a Coke. But, do hope for best, players respond, Price starts to make a few more saves and Bergevin gets a nice add-on in next couple weeks. 

4 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Is this a slap in the face to Muller? 

I don't think it is.  To be honest, I don't think he'd want the job.  Muller seems to be at his best as the 'good cop' and that's not something he can be as the head coach (bad cop).  I think it's part of the reason he struggled in Carolina.  When he came back to Montreal, he noted he could have waited for other head coaching spots but thought this role (more prominent than an assistant but still not the head coach) was the right fit for him.

12 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't think it is.  To be honest, I don't think he'd want the job.  Muller seems to be at his best as the 'good cop' and that's not something he can be as the head coach (bad cop).  I think it's part of the reason he struggled in Carolina.  When he came back to Montreal, he noted he could have waited for other head coaching spots but thought this role (more prominent than an assistant but still not the head coach) was the right fit for him.

(and a huge part of him taking job in Montreal was simply that his daughter is in nearby school, if memory serves correct?)

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Julien is very much a System coach.  This team is going to be drilled into the system even more than Therrien did.  They aren't opening things up.... 

I'm aware of that. Julien teams tend to pass the puck more and from what I see there is less dump and chase. Every coach has a system.

Just now, BCHabnut said:

I'm aware of that. Julien teams tend to pass the puck more and from what I see there is less dump and chase. Every coach has a system.

Oh god no...

Desharnais #1 centre confirmed. 

Watching Boston under CJ, there seemed to be a lot more pass breakouts, entering the zone with puck control. Using the whole offensive zone to cycle instead of being stuck behind the goal line working like dogs. Throwing a hit now and then. All things I am looking forward to.

So it comes down to this, Habs Rule new threat when does CJ get fired and will it beat this threat at (1199 days or a 171 weeks and 2 days )

Habs Rule I take my hat off  I hope your threat and all of our replies (some good some bad) hand something to do with the firing of MT to bad it took so long. Good job

Edited by kickass528

13 hours ago, kickass528 said:

So it comes down to this, Habs Rule new threat when does CJ get fired and will it beat this threat at (1199 days or a 171 weeks and 2 days )

Habs Rule I take my hat off  I hope your threat and all of our replies (some good some bad) hand something to do with the firing of MT to bad it took so long. Good job

Thank you for the kind words. some one else alreafy started the When does CJ get fired.:D

Goes to show you that Habs Rule was indeed asking the right question ;) Kudos to you bud for the most entertaining thread since I joined here...:1gohabs:

57 minutes ago, KoRP said:

Goes to show you that Habs Rule was indeed asking the right question ;) Kudos to you bud for the most entertaining thread since I joined here...:1gohabs:

thank you. it was a lot of fun.

16 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Watching Boston under CJ, there seemed to be a lot more pass breakouts, entering the zone with puck control. Using the whole offensive zone to cycle instead of being stuck behind the goal line working like dogs. Throwing a hit now and then. All things I am looking forward to.

You mean in the games which favoured Therrien with a 20-5 (and even more lopsided in last couple years) record for the Habs in last 5 years, must of just been because of Price that his superior coaching flopped eh? :tumbleweed:

5 hours ago, DON said:

You mean in the games which favoured Therrien with a 20-5 (and even more lopsided in last couple years) record for the Habs in last 5 years, must of just been because of Price that his superior coaching flopped eh? :tumbleweed:

Ya. Must Have.