When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

In the play offs there is "a hole" with Pleks.

Chucky. There was a time ealrier this season i wanted him at center. I thought that was the plan all along. Seguin like. Far as i am concerned most nights he is invisible the last three months. Has like two goals in the last 30 games. So while i had high expectations with all the hype when we drafted him, and the flash he showed as a rookie. I have as many suggested, lowered my expectations. Three season in, what you see is what you get. Winger or center.

2nd rounder at best.

I like Pateryn alot too. Over both those D.

no way plex is a 2nd rounder at best.... he will get a 1st rounder plus easily.... if vermette can he certainly will.

i see him moved rather then stripped of a letter. i cannot see us going with 4 letters again... captain patch and the defenders as assistants.

pateryn tinordi and beaulieau will be on the roster... emelin moved.

lots of money for a forward but the free agent class is nothing special.

never heard him say wanted back to wing. matter of fact heard him say the opposite.

only person i heard say he said he was more comfortable on wing was therrien.

Alex after being moved back when asked (google it) : " I feel comfortable at center and at wing, it's not my decision"

When the topic came up i scoured sports pages and sites for anywhere he stated anything remotely close to rather be playing on the wing..............implore anyone else to find a quote from alex where he said that.

Why would he say to the media that he would rather play wing? Seems like something he would say behind closed doors

http://www2.tsn.ca/montreal/story/?id=462104

"I'm really confident playing on the wing," Galchenyuk said. "I like the position.

"I've played it a lot. But I don't know if I'd be better playing at centre or wing. It's for the coaches to decide. Centre in the NHL is a way different game than centre in junior. Everything has to click. But I'm excited for the challenge. We'll see where it takes me."

I know that was preseason but he's still the same person. I'm not saying he won't be playing center any time soon but he's clearly more comfortable on the wing when compared to center judging by those comments. Will he always be? I can't say for sure but it doesn't surprise me that he still would feel similarly less than half a year later. if anything, it almost seems like he doesn't want to say the wrong thing. He knows he was drafted to be a franchise center and so how would it look if he actually said it? That's just my two cents. Therrien knows him better than us and whether or not he asked, I think there's enough evidence to come to the conclusion that he felt best on the wing this year. Long story short, I agree he didn't explicitly ask to be put back but maybe he didn't even have to because it was the obvious decision for a coach who knows his players.

I'm indifferent on the topic though to be honest and I don't even think it's the biggest factor in the world this season.

Why would he say to the media that he would rather play wing? Seems like something he would say behind closed doors

why would he say to the media that he is "comfortable at either position. "I played center at training camp. Its not my decision"

Saw him point blank asked the question regarding the twp positions .I'll trust my own ears and eyes over guessing on what was said behind closed doors.

Funniest thing about it is those who say he was moved back to wing because he "struggled at center" for a few games (after scoring a hat trick) Its the NHL duh!! Young guys are suppose to struggle, they are expected to struggle. Thats how you grow, learn and get better. Plekanic struggled, DD struggled, PK struggled, Gallagher struggled, hell steve stampkos is struggling right now. Was chucky suppose to go to center and play perfect hockey from that day fowrard. No, but MT wants him on the top six and lord knows dd aing getting bumped. Nor pleks. Heck if dd was moved to wing every struggling slump he went into since he entered the league we would he would be playing wing back in hamilton where the mayor of Montreal said he should be.

Having said that, it does not seem as big an issue as it once was(center or wing) . Chucky is just not the star I though he was going to be. Yes he is only 21, and its only his third season. But the star players are well on their way by the third season in this the NHL's young mans league. Chucky is playing poor top six minutes for the Canadiens. Has been for an extended period of time. Flashes of great hands, keeps us hopeful.

no way plex is a 2nd rounder at best.... he will get a 1st rounder plus easily.... if vermette can he certainly will.

i see him moved rather then stripped of a letter. i cannot see us going with 4 letters again... captain patch and the defenders as assistants.

I hear ya on Vermette. General consensus was that hawks over paid for him.

Yes, dont really care if Therrien has him on wing or centre, but I find funny that some keep going on and on that he MUST be a centre NOW, or else is example of Therrien miscasting a youngster once again?

Guest Stogey24

Markov-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Tinordi-Gilbert

I still think Gilbert gets moved and I'm almost 100% sure they move Emelin to clear some cap for a forward. Not too sure about Pateryn, I'd rather seem him than Gilbert in the 6 spot.

Markov-Subban

Beaulieu-Petry

Tinordi-Gilbert

I still think Gilbert gets moved and I'm almost 100% sure they move Emelin to clear some cap for a forward. Not too sure about Pateryn, I'd rather seem him than Gilbert in the 6 spot.

I would hesitate to move Emelin . He is the only big hitter we got unless tinordi shows up but we have to wait see.

I wouldn't move Tinordi, but would move Emelin if he can be part of a package for someone like yakapov.

Pleks-emelin for yakapov and a pick.

Hopefully we than sign petry and move Gilbert.

I would hesitate to move Emelin . He is the only big hitter we got unless tinordi shows up but we have to wait see.

Need to stop playing Markov with Subban. Too many minutes for Markov. Less will give you more from the aging vet.

Need to stop playing Markov with Subban. Too many minutes for Markov. Less will give you more from the aging vet.

We both have been saying that all year long. It is why I said 2 years ago to move him if we could get a good return. There was no good return so we kept him and glad I am sam. But burning him out over 82 games is plain stooopid.

Yes, dont really care if Therrien has him on wing or centre, but I find funny that some keep going on and on that he MUST be a centre NOW, or else is example of Therrien miscasting a youngster once again?

Dont really care ANY MORE. Don't think many do. The way he has played for the last 30 plus games. Its not a big issue.

But, If in fact this is how he plays when he is "more comfortable"? WELL , I would get him the hell out of his comfort zone. He's been plain bad.

We both have been saying that all year long. It is why I said 2 years ago to move him if we could get a good return. There was no good return so we kept him and glad I am sam. But burning him out over 82 games is plain stooopid.

So stupid. Therrien played him to death going for first place.

Markov should have played less than top pair minutes all year , then in play offs you can crank him up to top pair minutes. Not the other way around. But that's therrien for ya.

Read a good quote today on HIO "one anonymous Montreal Canadian cant stand Therrien, the rest tolerate him" Word is that "one" is Larry

Read a good quote today on HIO "one anonymous Montreal Canadian cant stand Therrien, the rest tolerate him" Word is that "one" is Larry

I find that very easy to believe.

I personally spoke to Patrick Holland last summer - now with the Jets - and said that Therrien's an asshole.

why would he say to the media that he is "comfortable at either position. "I played center at training camp. Its not my decision"

Saw him point blank asked the question regarding the twp positions .I'll trust my own ears and eyes over guessing on what was said behind closed doors.

Funniest thing about it is those who say he was moved back to wing because he "struggled at center" for a few games (after scoring a hat trick) Its the NHL duh!! Young guys are suppose to struggle, they are expected to struggle. Thats how you grow, learn and get better. Plekanic struggled, DD struggled, PK struggled, Gallagher struggled, hell steve stampkos is struggling right now. Was chucky suppose to go to center and play perfect hockey from that day fowrard. No, but MT wants him on the top six and lord knows dd aing getting bumped. Nor pleks. Heck if dd was moved to wing every struggling slump he went into since he entered the league we would he would be playing wing back in hamilton where the mayor of Montreal said he should be.

Having said that, it does not seem as big an issue as it once was(center or wing) . Chucky is just not the star I though he was going to be. Yes he is only 21, and its only his third season. But the star players are well on their way by the third season in this the NHL's young mans league. Chucky is playing poor top six minutes for the Canadiens. Has been for an extended period of time. Flashes of great hands, keeps us hopeful.

But he didn't struggle for a few games... it was five. Coincidentally, these games were all on the road. He had three secondary assists, which isn't bad, but this was on a five game winning streak! This hat trick you reference every three days was against Carolina. Whoopee.

Blame Lars Eller. We can't have two of our top three center men disappear on the road.

I wad at the Florida game, and like I've repeated a few times, Galchenyuk isn't ready. Dave Bolland pushed his poop in, dude!

Maybe next year.

But he didn't struggle for a few games... it was five. Coincidentally, these games were all on the road. He had three secondary assists, which isn't bad, but this was on a five game winning streak! This hat trick you reference every three days was against Carolina. Whoopee.

Blame Lars Eller. We can't have two of our top three center men disappear on the road.

I wad at the Florida game, and like I've repeated a few times, Galchenyuk isn't ready. Dave Bolland pushed his poop in, dude!

Maybe next year.

how many other centerman have a "hat trick against carolina woopee" how may other habs centerman have a hat trick period.

The players who leave say he's an asshole, so how does he get this rep as a players coach?.

from his fans on this site.

Never heard that said before and I could care less if he was a players coach or a Scotty Bowman type, as Al Davis would say..."Just Win, Baby!" and all is fine by me.

Maybe next year.

Pleks has been getting his pushed in since he played for the dogs......he's still playing center and wearing turtle necks because its chilly in the arena.

Well he can be an asshole as long as we win. :ph34r:

win what specifically?

Never heard that said before and I could care less if he was a players coach or a Scotty Bowman type, as Al Davis would say..."Just Win, Baby!" and all is fine by me.

Lots of coaches win like therrien.

Al Davis meant championships.

Maybe next year.

DD Pleks road warriors. 21 play off games combined so far....1 goal each. Tied with Smith Pelly and behind Gilbert. Road warriors those two. lol :Bulldogs: