When does Therrien get fired?

habs rule

Highly doubt I will.

But Habs did just fire the forward coach of Bulldogs, Lebeau.

Their PP (and 3 on 3 play this year, went like 1-9, with 1shootout all year) has been terrible for 3 years.

Highly doubt I will.

Their PP (and 3 on 3 play this year, went like 1-9, with 1shootout all year) has been terrible for 3 years.

Well, that at least shows they're not infinitely patient with coaches.

If they're not gonna fire Lacroix, they should at least sit him down and ask for an explanation for the ineffectiveness of the PP. If he says the system was fine, it was just an issue of 'execution,' then I think you execute him.

Who wrote it? Some fancy stats bag lapper?

No it was a guy named Jonathon Willis, he shows how stats like p/p the penalty kill etc have all gotten worse since Le Genius. i don't read "fancy stats shit" as you should know. As to bag lapping i have no idea what you are talking about, is this an american term? :)

Highly doubt I will.

Well there is none so blind as he who will not see.

If you read the transcript of Bergy's season-ending press conference, you realize that there is NO WAY Therrien is getting canned any time soon. He could not have been more staunch in his defence of his coach, and even got testy with questions about it. MT is the bench boss for a while yet - get used to it.

If you read the transcript of Bergy's season-ending press conference, you realize that there is NO WAY Therrien is getting canned any time soon. He could not have been more staunch in his defence of his coach, and even got testy with questions about it. MT is the bench boss for a while yet - get used to it.

I am. Have said many times he is going nowhere. Does that mean we should ignore a different point of view?

But Lacroix wasn't making decisions in a vacuum, am sure Therrien-JJD had input, as the mgmt guys above might as well.

PK kinda suggested (how I heard it), Tampa has a lot more rope to move around and ad-lib on the PP, then a more structured set-up like Habs?

But Lacroix wasn't making decisions in a vacuum, am sure Therrien-JJD had input, as the mgmt guys above might as well.

PK kinda suggested (how I heard it), Tampa has a lot more rope to move around and ad-lib on the PP, then a more structured set-up like Habs?

I found that interesting as well. We know that Le Genius keeps a pretty short rope on everyone. In Bergevin's interview he said, "Mike and I" are in charge of the coaching and everyone knows that. Or words to that effect. Sounds like Le Genius has the boss looking over his shoulder, which is why maybe he defends him so fiercely, a lot of the decisions are coming from the GM's chair?

I am. Have said many times he is going nowhere. Does that mean we should ignore a different point of view?

Apparently it does if you happen to be a Therrien fan.

Coah Rick Wilson was told he was going nowhere and given a 4 year extension.......and then got fired two months later.

Kirk Muller was told he was not getting traded, ..... the day before he was traded.

Darryl Sittler was told that he was going to be named captain of the Flyers at a press conference, then got traded to Detroit just before the press conference. :rofl:

Could go on with more examples of "staunch" statements of security.

Still stick with 2020 as firing date, just another 4 1/2 year and cup or two, before GM Julien Brisbois replaces him with calder cup wining coach...Sylvain Lefebvre. :hyper:

From listening to MB it seems MT enjoys solid confidence from him. And I'm not surprised. He knows the problems and he knows the solutions and what is possible. He's got a plan. It starts with defence and involves developing from within. It's the new NHL. Cap responsible.. very careful planning. And Therrien is achieving excellent results within these modern day NHL constraints. For my part, while no competent judge of professional coaches I've been very impressed with the MB - MT tandem, and really think MT has, as Patches stated been just great at getting the best out of every player. He's got the horses he has with all their known limitations and we've played some excellent hockey this year. We easily could have had this last series. Our team is a work in progress, and I think we can reasonably hope to be enjoying continuing progress. A final thought on MT is that I really liked the support and confidence he consistently showed for players and the team through thick and thin. I wish him continued success.

From listening to MB it seems MT enjoys solid confidence from him. And I'm not surprised. He knows the problems and he knows the solutions and what is possible. He's got a plan. It starts with defence and involves developing from within. It's the new NHL. Cap responsible.. very careful planning. And Therrien is achieving excellent results within these modern day NHL constraints. For my part, while no competent judge of professional coaches I've been very impressed with the MB - MT tandem, and really think MT has, as Patches stated been just great at getting the best out of every player. He's got the horses he has with all their known limitations and we've played some excellent hockey this year. We easily could have had this last series. Our team is a work in progress, and I think we can reasonably hope to be enjoying continuing progress. A final thought on MT is that I really liked the support and confidence he consistently showed for players and the team through thick and thin. I wish him continued success.

I may not agree with everything you say Thab but you do it with such optimism that you make everyone feel better, like a ray of sunshine. :lol:

Tbay has four powerplay goals tonight....so far.

Got awhile to wait yet boss.

What would get Babcock to go to Hogtown? Simply $$ I assume... surely cant be that is an improving, positive nor competitive environment, tis for sure. :blush:

Got awhile to wait yet boss.

What would get Babcock to go to Hogtown? Simply $$ I assume... surely cant be that is an improving, positive nor competitive environment, tis for sure. :blush:

50 million smackeroos will turn a lot of guys heads. He should remember that when Brian Burke went there they paid him well, and then kicked his fat ass to the curb. No guarantees in good old T.O.

That Shanahan is one smart cookie, paying boatload for a 1-time cup-winner, as Bowman told Babcock "you need good players to be a good coach", so without the likes of a Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Yzerman + a smart GM and good owner, will see how he looks.

I mean he isn't a Therrien, who can win with a limited roster. :halm:

That Shanahan is one smart cookie, paying boatload for a 1-time cup-winner, as Bowman told Babcock "you need good players to be a good coach", so without the likes of a Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Yzerman + a smart GM and good owner, will see how he looks.

I mean he isn't a Therrien, who can win with a limited roster. :halm:

Ha haaaa haaaaaaaaaa!!!

Babcock will help TO, but I agree that he is probably overrated as a result of the NHL's bizarre tendency toward groupthink. He cashed in for the dough and in a few seasons will probably be as battered and tattered as everyone else who has tried to harpoon the White Whale that is success for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

NHL will need to bring in coach contract term limits!

Before Bergevin offers Therrien a Pamela Wallin/Mike Duffy-like deal.

No need. You can fire them anytime and then just pay them to do nothing, then convince another team to terminate the contract and give you a draft pick for it.

And Senators do exactly what different?

And Senators do exactly what different?

What exactly is that Wallin/Duffy deal? Is that where you get to steal until you get caught at which time everyone disavows any knowledge of you existence?