Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gionta
Bournival - Eller - Briere
Moen - Prust - Parros

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

Price

i think eller briere and bournival were skating together yesterday at practice and chuck was with plex and gio

Thanks. Slipped my mind.

Chuck will thrive with Gio and PLEX because he will have less defensive responsibility.

I think if he plays all game with those two he will contribute on the score sheet again.

It's also placing our two forwards with the most points together. 19 goals between them.

Hopefully Habs have shaken off the "NJ style" of play and are a bit more active in this game. Not that winning is ever a bad recipe, but doing just enough to win and basically playing the 5 man PK for 1/2 the game is not the most entertaining hockey.

Hopefully Habs have shaken off the "NJ style" of play and are a bit more active in this game. Not that winning is ever a bad recipe, but doing just enough to win and basically playing the 5 man PK for 1/2 the game is not the most entertaining hockey.

I'm hoping that with a bit of rest, they'll have more energy than of late.

I'm hoping that with a bit of rest, they'll have more energy than of late.

Pretty much. Seven games in 11 days is a lot, especially when including two back to backs (Washington on road and Toronto at home and then the home and home against Jersey). The next seven in 12 is not going to be so bad as it includes only one back to back. The Kings and Blues are their toughest competition and they are divided right apart. When they go on the road to face the Blues on the 19th, they'll stay on the road until January 4. Competition wise it's a pretty easy schedule for Montreal, but that doesn't necessarily mean easy wins:

10th: Kings (contender ranked) at home

12th: Flyers (middle ranked) on road

14th: Islanders (low ranked) on road

15th: Panthers (tin can) at home

17th: Coyotes (middle ranked) at home

19th: Blues (contender ranked) on road

21st: Predators (low ranked) on road

28th: Lightning (middle ranked) on road

29th: Panthers (tin can) on road

31st: Hurricanes (middle ranked) on road

Huge game. I know Body Odour was felt to be bigger because of the rivalry, but beating heavy-duty Western Conference contenders like the Kings would really start to send the message that these guys are for real. Go PK!!!

This is a key set of games.... They can almost lock down a playoff spot if they can eat up these teams. I expect we will see a few bad efforts though... Holidays, road trip, and bad habits, and playing down to the competition is not a great recipe.

We could be in store for a tight one. Kings are second in the league with 62 goals against, while Montreal is third with 65.

Our GA/G is tied at 2.00 and they are a bit better in 5 on 5 GF/A ratio. We're both strong penalty killers but their powerplay is weak at 23rd in the league. In other words, we need to break through their penalty kill (5th). LA is common to get into the box for two minutes (Only Philly, Toronto and Ottawa are worse) so we need to get them hooking and make them pay for it. Our home PP ain't like our road PP.

LA actually has a lot of trouble scoring on the road. Only 27 goals. That said they are tied (with the Habs and Boston) for best road goals against (27). In other words, this could be a 2-1 game if we're not careful.