Habs vs. Sens, Jan. 16 7:30 pm

Neech

walrus.jpg

Tonight we take a short jaunt down the Ottawa river to the dreary, dull nation's capital. Everyone's in a bad mood: the Habs have been crap lately, this ugly walrus will be buggin' out, Bourque is having an existential crisis, little Davey has had a cold and is all tuckered out.

The Sens are still hard to care too much about. Will they ever win anything with this goober wearing the C?

Puck drop at 7:41.

Can our ragtag band of misfits pull out a win? Here's some more Habs content for habs rule, feel free to add any more photos.

Our best forward:

3DDEAF45.jpg

Rene Bourque:

tumblr_lcuv8yTdD81qbhsbe.png

• Upvote 2

I like the thread and its pics, especially the ugly walrus. I'm assuming Bourque is supposed to be the Invisible Man?

I will pray to the hockey gods that we can actually win a ######in' game against the Hens!!! It would be even sweeter if we could win in regulation...but I'm not counting on it!

As much as I had a good feeling about the Devils game (just goes to show how much I really know!!) I've got a pretty bad feeling about this game! I sure hope I,ll be wrong again!

Great, lateral-thinking GD thread! :thumbs_up:

You know something? I really dislike the Sens. They remind me of the old Hartford Whalers in being a fundamentally boring franchise that manages nevertheless to be a pain in the ass. But at least the Whalers had a great name and a great logo, not this stupid condom thing. You'll notice I can't even to them the courtesy of outright hating them like I do Toronto and Boston - they're too collectively and organizationally bland for that. Even their fan-base is middling at best. Just a complete corporate nonentity of a franchise. Blech.

I like the Sens. If they didn't have such a terrible owner there's a good chance I might have jumped to them a few years back. I cheered for the Sens for a few weeks after the Cammalleri trade out of protest of how it was handled but Melnyk is a worse person than Gauthier could ever be holding a sweater back.

While CC compares them to the Whalers, I see the Nordiques more with them.

CC's right about the utter blandness of the Sens. A big part is having an arena out in bum nowhere rather than in Ottawa, and also the artificial traditions they've attempted to manufacture, being such a young franchise. Sens Army? A twelve-year-old would scoff at that. And you only have one first-ever appearance in the Stanley Cup finals, don't humiliate yourself:

I find the most annoying aspect of the Sens their goal horn. Seriously, does any other arena's horn play so loudly and for so long?

I find the most annoying aspect of the Sens their goal horn. Seriously, does any other arena's horn play so loudly and for so long?

I personally hope we the horn a lot as long as the guys with the ch are putting it in the net.

Great, lateral-thinking GD thread! :thumbs_up:

You know something? I really dislike the Sens. They remind me of the old Hartford Whalers in being a fundamentally boring franchise that manages nevertheless to be a pain in the ass. But at least the Whalers had a great name and a great logo, not this stupid condom thing. You'll notice I can't even to them the courtesy of outright hating them like I do Toronto and Boston - they're too collectively and organizationally bland for that. Even their fan-base is middling at best. Just a complete corporate nonentity of a franchise. Blech.

The Whalers also had the "Brass Bonanza."

Can't say I expect too much tonight, that's the best mentality to have with their play lately.

Watching TSN talking about the leafs winning most of the shootouts and firing at a 48.9% clip. Then they show a pole of the goals and almost every goal is the same... The player makes a fake and snipes. No pissing around stick handling in tight, or other low percentage plays.

They come at an angle and can shoot accurately.

I wish the coaches would show that segment to our team and get them to start shooting on the shootout. Surely Pacs has that capability, and Chucky and Gally would do a Lot better using their shot instead of always trying a fancy deke.

Note.. The leafs also shoot from farther out then our guys who shoot.

GDT is a winner!

GO HABS GO!