Jan. 30, Montreal vs Boston, 7 PM

dlbalr

Personally, I hope Chara packs it in tomorrow for good, it's bizarre what he gets away with, and in some games has more control than the refs, and that's saying something. Hate him as much as I hated Sundin whining to the refs for 5 mins at every whistle when the Leafs were trailing..... When he does pack it in, he'll still be 6'9" and still a goof, good riddance from this Hab fan.

I know we are supposed to hate all Bruins and esp with Pacioretty incident Chara; but, I don't.

I still remember watching him in 96 playing in WHL and was just such a freak and they said he had only even played hockey for a couple years and of course with his size, all the goons had to give him a try and he wasn't good fighter but he learned quickly.

If you watch him, he basically ignores most after whistle crap and skates away (but who wants a broken orbital bone and not many, cept maybe Chris Neil can get him to fight, Phaneuf-Komisarik he challenges but they don't have the balls Neill has), Chara pulls his punchs with hits on smaller players and dosent try, as Kromwall-Phaneuf do and try and blindside anyone to make a big hit.

And if Bruins sucked, what challenge would it be to beat them?

So sorry, got to say I respect his play and am a fan (same as Bergeron & Lucic). Not that I don't want Yemelin to knock each and every Bruin into next week or Murray to steamroll em, but besides the point.

Haha, can't argue with anything you said Don really, you're right. I like the Bruins, when the Habs are out of the playoffs. Always liked the Bruin "Marshall law" style, would love to see Lucic with a CH on his jersey for sure.... I got some Bruin respect, but not so much for Chara after the Patch incident.....

Haha, can't argue with anything you said Don really, you're right. I like the Bruins, when the Habs are out of the playoffs. Always liked the Bruin "Marshall law" style, would love to see Lucic with a CH on his jersey for sure.... I got some Bruin respect, but not so much for Chara after the Patch incident.....

Hey, was expecting a harsher response sir, as us maritimers are almost born to be a die-hard Hab-Bruin or Leaf fan and totally despise 2 of the 3.

But, I got enough dislike for Leafs organization, that simply only want to Habs to smoke Bruins every match-up, but that is about it.

DON's description of Chara's comparatively gentlemanly ways is correct. And it was precisely those considerations that made him a "good guy" who deserved to be excused for his brutal and deliberate act of attempted manslaughter on a young man in the eyes of the old boys who run the NHL. His act was one of the single most inexcusable things I've seen in 35 years of watching pro hockey. It doesn't matter how good a guy you are the rest of the time - one act of hit and run and you're in jail. But simple justice is irrelevant when it comes to NHL discipline and NHL culture. I will not hear a good word spoken of this scumbag. He committed a heinous act and got off scot-free. F**k him.

• Upvote 1

The only player I can think of that ever got away with as much was Gary Suter. But even he got a four game suspension for his crosscheck on Paul Kariya and the stick smack on the Russian in the Canada Cup. But even when he crosschecked Wayne Gretzky, Gretzky said he forgave him because he was a clean player. In other words, he was a North American.

Right. That's how NHL "justice" works. If you are deemed a "good guy," you can - literally - get away with attempted murder. If you are deemed a "weasel" (Marc Savard) or a "pussy" like the Sedins, or too "uppity" like PK, well, you deserve whatever you get. It has nothing to do with the act itself, in other words, and everything to do with who commits it; the precise opposite, in short, of any conception of justice recognizable as such to inhabitants of modern western civilization.

DON's description of Chara's comparatively gentlemanly ways is correct. And it was precisely those considerations that made him a "good guy" who deserved to be excused for his brutal and deliberate act of attempted manslaughter on a young man in the eyes of the old boys who run the NHL. His act was one of the single most inexcusable things I've seen in 35 years of watching pro hockey. It doesn't matter how good a guy you are the rest of the time - one act of hit and run and you're in jail. But simple justice is irrelevant when it comes to NHL discipline and NHL culture. I will not hear a good word spoken of this scumbag. He committed a heinous act and got off scot-free. F**k him.

I think people forget about him pulling down Komi from behind in the playoffs, getting shots in and getting off scott free. Chara is a piece of shit and I wouldn't give a damn if someone did to him what he did to maxpac

understandable