Quailer traded for Robbie Czarnik

Psycing

Yeah really...what gives with that? Two 4th liners. We give up some size on this. Anything redeeming about Czarnik? He doesn't have a lot of games played in the AHL and i don't see that because of demotions to the ECHL. Often injured?

For some reason I kept thinking Steve Bernier and why it was a big deal New Jersey dealt him to LA.

Czarnik is supposed to have a lot of natural talent but hasn't been able to put it together. Maybe he needed a change of scenery. More likely he can't transition to a faster game.

How can we complain nobody ever heard of them.

Quailer has had a regular mention in my weekly HW Recaps for nearly two months tracking his injury situation (and chiding the team for benching him when he was cleared to play). Czarnik was a name I was familiar with from his OHL days although I must admit I hadn't followed his career with any interest.

If anyone's interested, here's some stuff from ISS on Czarnik from 2008: http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/06/21/czarnik-info/

Quailer has had a regular mention in my weekly HW Recaps for nearly two months tracking his injury situation (and chiding the team for benching him when he was cleared to play). Czarnik was a name I was familiar with from his OHL days although I must admit I hadn't followed his career with any interest.

If anyone's interested, here's some stuff from ISS on Czarnik from 2008: http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/06/21/czarnik-info/

sorry Brian I was not referring to you since we know you wouldn't complain. It is my bad to not realise that you of course with your hard work and dilligence, know them all. :)

Yeah really...what gives with that? Two 4th liners. We give up some size on this. Anything redeeming about Czarnik? He doesn't have a lot of games played in the AHL and i don't see that because of demotions to the ECHL. Often injured?

I wouldn't read anything into difference in size, playing style, etc. Basically, neither player was likely to get a qualifying offer had they stayed where they were. In all likelihood, neither will get a QO from their new team either but it's a second chance to see if a change of scenery helps.

Well, from the photo on the HW write-up it looks as though he had an A on his shirt. Maybe some added leadership for the team?

It's probably best to keep your expectations really low. The team likely had zero interest in re-signing Quailer. Same with LA and Czarnik. Decided to see if a swap would change the career path of either player.

I also believe LA had him only because his last name contained "Czar" in the name.

Two forwards with 5 points each in the AHL this year. Both 24 year old 2008 draftees. yeah, this deal is pretty much a "hoping the miracle change of scenery will help the new guy, cause the guy we have ain't doing crap" type of deal.

Probably won't happen and both guys are likely UFA in a few months.

My look at Austin Czarnik before the season started

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/10/19/2013-14-ncaa-hockey-preview-nchc/

If you want an update now, he has the same skill set I described, but he's taken his game to the next level. He is dominant in the NCAA as an offensive force this season. Yes, he's small, but the skill is there. And signing him only costs money (and 1 slot on the 50 contract limit)... its not like you are giving up anything to add him as a top notch centre on the bulldogs (and maybe more).