Mar. 9, Lake Erie vs Hamilton, 3 PM, SN360

dlbalr

This afternoon is a very important battle between Hamilton (25-27-1-4) and Lake Erie (24-27-0-6). The winner won't be in last place in the Western Conference at the end of the game. Lots on the line in this one...

245127152013.gif

Projected Lake Erie Lines:
(based on +/- data from previous games/straight up guesses)

Carey - Sgarbossa - Wyman

Agozzino - Malone - van der Gulik

Schumacher - Smith - Desbiens

Heard - Hishon

Clark - Siemens

Stollery - Hunwick

Beaupre - Elliott

Maggio

Pickard

2147.gif

Projected Hamilton Lines:

Andrighetto - Macenauer - Holland

Blunden - Dumont - Leblanc

Tarnasky - St. Pierre - Thomas

Courtnall - Nattinen - Fournier

Beaulieu - Pateryn

Drewiske - Ellis

Chouinard - Schiestel

Dubnyk

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen. The game is also being televised on Sportsnet 360.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

Well....was a consistent weekend, not sure can find any positives in that game.

Dogs are a lock for a mid-April start to off-season.

I liked Thomas and Andrighetto up front, both played well. Beaulieu also had a good game while Drewiske also was decent.

I'd like to know why St. Pierre was a healthy scratch. Here's a player leading the team in points despite being a 3rd liner for reasons that defy logic and you choose to make him a healthy scratch? Add to the ever-growing list of mind-numbing decisions Lefebvre is making. Here's hoping Bergevin and company are taking notice of stuff like this.

check out St. Pierre's plus/minus-might have something to do with it. And Beaulieu was horrible-he is just plain lackadaisical-look up the word in an illustrated dictionary and it likely has his picture. It's like he just doesn't care. The staged fight 1 second in was bs. You knew something was up when only 4 players plus DD were on the ice for the national anthems. And then Nick starts with 40 & 14. Once again referee Dave Lewis had a lot to do with none calls. Granted the Dogs powerplay was non existent but the lack of obstruction calls are turning into a total joke. Drewiske missed most of the second being sewn up after after a face plant that wasn't called. Sven told Lewis what he thought of a very late hip check and got ten minutes to think about it. Left after the fourth goal and Derek Wills was having to bite his tongue re the officiating. There was way too much Alphonse and Gaston between the two (yes two) referees who seemed to wait for the other to make a call which didn't happen.

. I rest my case on the Dogs loss record when Lewis officiates-it's more than coincidence

I don't know if we ever got answers for last years start of the season questions, but i would start with a question to MB for this year-------- given that the bulldogs have been unsuccessful to reach the post season for two years running , under your watch-- is the problem lack of talent or is it a lack of ability to get the boy's coached up and how are you going to correct this for next year?Speaking of support staff, are you happy with the level of play of the veteran add-ons over the past two years?

And Beaulieu was horrible-he is just plain lackadaisical-look up the word in an illustrated dictionary and it likely has his picture. It's like he just doesn't care.

From what i seen from him, about 20 games in LHJMQ, pre season and a couple of stunts i think

this prospect is or need to be on TDA treatment. Too many high and lows for one guy. That waht scrared

most teams for us to draft him 17th when he was top 10.

Or,and...this is a long shot, i'd see him developping as a LW. I'd take the remain of the season +20

games and

He is not aware enough defensively for a defensemen but he would be a lot aware of it than let's

say Bourque. Speed and size down the wing, great shot, still can use him at the point on PP and not use

a Bouillon or Gorges or any defensive D on second wave.

From what i seen from him, about 20 games in LHJMQ, pre season and a couple of stunts i think

this prospect is or need to be on TDA treatment. Too many high and lows for one guy. That waht scrared

most teams for us to draft him 17th when he was top 10.

Or,and...this is a long shot, i'd see him developping as a LW. I'd take the remain of the season +20

games and

He is not aware enough defensively for a defensemen but he would be a lot aware of it than let's

say Bourque. Speed and size down the wing, great shot, still can use him at the point on PP and not use

a Bouillon or Gorges or any defensive D on second wave.

I also have suggested that maybe as a winger he would do well.

But, the way he skates, his OK vision and puck skills, he would be more valuable as an offensive puck-mover than a winger.

And they always say, defense can be taught/learned and he is a quite young d-man and by time he is 24 or so, he could be a super player (but always likely be not quite as focused in own zone).