Playoffs Round 1 Montreal vs Tampa Bay

johnnyhasbeen

Did you see the video? He's such a wimp. I don't knock players for injuries, but he was writhing on the ice for three minutes, and was helped off by a teammate and a trainer. For a wrist injury!

3minutes? Maybe the wrist is broken then? Sounds painful.... :scared:

3minutes? Maybe the wrist is broken then? Sounds painful.... :scared:

Bishop's MRI apparently did not show any structural damage, Cooper said. That said, Bishop will not play the rest of the regular season.

Sounds like he'll be assessewd next week.

What would concern me is if they brought up that Latvian kid and he repeats his performance against Canada at the Olympics.

I hope you're right!?!

By the way, any news on Bishop yet? Cause if he's out for the Playoffs, I think our chances of moving on to the second round just went up by alot!

They did, they did, they did call up the Latvian kid! (Sorry, Couldn't resist).

Seriously though, many seem to be thinking that the Bolts will be a walkover without Bishop. I don't think so. I agree with Habs 29 ret. I always tend to see things in a positive light, but how much would it suck to have this Latvian rookie--who almost beat Canada-- pull a Dryden, Roy, Halak....or even a Steve Penney on us. I hope we beat them soundly, but not so soundly that Cooper is tempted to go to the third string.

They did, they did, they did call up the Latvian kid! (Sorry, Couldn't resist).

Seriously though, many seem to be thinking that the Bolts will be a walkover without Bishop. I don't think so. I agree with Habs 29 ret. I always tend to see things in a positive light, but how much would it suck to have this Latvian rookie--who almost beat Canada-- pull a Dryden, Roy, Halak....or even a Steve Penney on us. I hope we beat them soundly, but not so soundly that Cooper is tempted to go to the third string.

Usually we are on the right side of history when it comes to goalies coming out of nowhere and leading the team to victory. But since the unholy trinity shipped Roy out of town, karma has started biting back. Remember being up 2-0, Koivu being nearly blinded and a stupid 20 year old rookie knocking us out of the playoffs?

Than being up 2-0 to the bruins and losing to Thomas and watching the damn Bruins end their 40 years of stanley cup futility. I don't know what hurt more, letting a 2-0 lead getaway, or watching those primates raise the cup.

So what's the consensus on MT's lines if Galchenyuk is out for round one? We still need to shut down Stamkos.

Scoring Line 1: Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Scoring Line 2: Bourque-Briere-Gallagher

Stamkos Shutdown Line: Eller-Plekanec-Gionta

Plumber Line: Prust-White-Weise

Hurt: Galchenyuk, Moen, Parros (probably by then)

Extra: Bournival

Guest Stogey24

So what's the consensus on MT's lines if Galchenyuk is out for round one? We still need to shut down Stamkos.

Scoring Line 1: Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Scoring Line 2: Bourque-Briere-Gallagher

Stamkos Shutdown Line: Eller-Plekanec-Gionta

Plumber Line: Prust-White-Weise

Hurt: Galchenyuk, Moen, Parros (probably by then)

Extra: Bournival

Bournival has done some pretty good things the past few games. His speed is unreal. I'd be benching white over him and slot Prust in at centre.

To beat Tampa you got to cut their speed.

They mostly create offense by overworking in the middle zone and after that they use speed

and skills.

Habs use to be like this, except skills but now they added sandpaper to this mix.

They added sandpaper and they must use it.

Gallagher should be back on the PP 1st unit throw him in as the game breaker. Emelin should

shy away and step uplike he plays against Boston.

Prust, Moen,White,Weise, Bournival Eller mission is to be better than 3-4th Tampas line.

If they do that. Our top player matching their top player Habs will win.

In Price we Prust.

Gallagher should be back on the PP 1st unit throw him in as the game breaker.

I wouldn't want to break up the top trio (the 1st PP unit) to give Gallagher more PP time. I don't see them going with 4 forwards either.

I seriously doubt this'll be a walk in the park for the Habs. The Bolts have proven all year long that they are a good team, even without the best scorer in the League. Now that they have him back, they are gonna be a tough team to beat...even without Bishop!

I think the Habs'll win, but it'll be in 7 games!

Victor Hedman left tonight's TB-CBJ game early with a lower body injury. It doesn't sound too serious but even if he's a bit banged up, that would be good news.

Too bad, hope he can still play and help keep it interesting.

I think it will be plenty interesting. I just want to win and any help is appreciated.

Well, Malone drugs & DUI wont hurt Hab chances neither. He always seemed to too act like an overgrown teenager, so no surprise.

Hasn't Malone always done well against us? Hopefully he is suspended and won't be a factor

He's been a healthy scratch of late, so I don't really think this improves our odds significantly.

He's been a healthy scratch of late, so I don't really think this improves our odds significantly.

Yeah, but the guy ing snaps every time he plays Montreal and constantly looks like he's going to recklessly injure our players. Please, keep him out for the series!

Yeah, but the guy ######ing snaps every time he plays Montreal and constantly looks like he's going to recklessly injure our players. Please, keep him out for the series!

Yeah I agree with you. I'll be glad to see him miss the first round series against the Habs.

I want TB to have as many problems as humanly possible going into the series. Bishop, Hedman possibly hurt? Fantastic. Malone busted on a coke charge? Awesome. I could not give a crap HOW we win, I just want us to win. After all, no one gave a sh*t about our problems when our best scorer was deliberately smashed into a metal stanchion just in time for the playoffs, or when our best player had his eye gouged out on a flagrant high stick while on the cusp of leading the team to an upset by his dominant play. F*ck the Lightning and their problems. Let 'em all keel over from Norwalk flu for all I care.

Habs29, you seem to think the Habs have been cosmically put upon ever since Houle. But it seems to me we got miracle playoff runs out of Halak and Theodore, not to mention beating the Bruins in '04 and again in '08. I'd argue that, in fact, we've had a higher portion of playoff success than you'd expect since the year 2000, given our regular season records over that span. My feeling is that when the Habs get on a roll in the playoffs, the excitement in the whole community sweeps the team along like a tsunami. Nothing can match the sheer ebullient intensity of Montreal when it comes to playoff hockey and that can give us a crucial edge in a tough series.