Leafs not high on Sid's list

Dad says playing in T.O. unappealing for Habs fan

By STEVE SIMMONS -- Toronto Sun

Sidney Crosby makes no secret of the fact he is a Montreal Canadiens fan. A lifelong fan.

And if all the ping pong balls somehow bounce his way in an eventual NHL lottery to determine first pick for an eventual draft, Crosby would like nothing better than to play for the team he has grown up loving.

"That would be his dream," said Troy Crosby, his father, also a longtime Habs fan.

And what about the Leafs, we found ourselves asking?

"When you like Montreal, the one team you don't like is the blue and white," said Crosby's dad. "He'd go to Toronto, but I can tell you, he wouldn't be happy about it."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toron...061849-sun.html

[Edited on 2005/5/29 by Spider-Man NL]

Originally posted by giupietrantonio

This made my day. I showed one of my friends who is a Toronto fan and he was all dissapointed. lmao

I've had ignorant Leaf fans go as far as telling me that he won't even make the NHL.

I am sure his attitude would change if Crosby was a Leaf...

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if we could have Crosby. Habs hasn't had a superstar forward since... since... since. Errr...

Guy Lafleaur?

Sure we had Roy but he was a goaltender and theese days almost every team has a star goalie.

Since there hasn't been a season there's no way tell what team to draft first.

Last time we had the number one pick was in 1980 and Habs took Wickenheiser before Paul Coffey and Larry Murphy.

Is there another team that has been waiting to select first longer than the Habs?

If not, is that something they could use?

And after all, Crosby WANTS to play with the Canadiens and with no fair way the deside I think we should have him.

Last time we had the number one pick was in 1980 and Habs took Wickenheiser before Paul Coffey and Larry Murphy.

I can't believe that you mention this pick without mentioning who Chicago picked.

I can't believe that you mention this pick without mentioning who Chicago picked.

But I don't know who Chicago picked. Maybe you can enlighten me?

• 2 weeks later...

I discuss that one on my blog... The move simply made no sense. Savard would have done wonders for the Habs. It's sad that it had to cost them Chelios just to get Savy in a Habs uni.

Although, drafting Coffey would have been just as good IMO.

Sad. (and scary) The Laffs are one of two teams that I could not stand to get Crosby. The Blueshits* are the other one. Both their fans are so self important that are impossible to deal with now.. imagine listening to them brag about geting Crosby.... **shudder**

It won't happen... I am sure the NHL would cap it so that teams who've won X amount of games over the last few years will be unable to win the #1 pick.

C'mon, the Leafs suck but they wouldn't be in a position to draft Crosby if the NHL had a season. Probably would have been Washington, Pittsburgh or dare I say the Rangers?

• 2 weeks later...

The Leafs had less of a chance of winning the Mock Lottery than we did, and they one it.

that just shows us habs fans that anything can happen, and for all we know, we could be the team at the top of the list for 1st pick..

I have hope for a little luck. well alot actually.