Round Two: Bruins or Wings (Bruins)

Neech

For me it's great - 6.30pm :P

Allez Montreal! Let's kill some bi#es!

Or 09:30 for some of us, which is quite lame.

But screw it, can at least golf in afternoon I suppose.

The 4pm weekday games will be more a pain.

Or 09:30 for some of us, which is quite lame.

But screw it, can at least golf in afternoon I suppose.

The 4pm weekday games will be more a pain.

It could be worse. You could be a Leafs fan and golf all day!

Guest Stogey24

Three key letters - NBC. They don't show games on the main network in prime time unless it's the Finals so if the NHL wants games on network TV, they have to be afternoon starts. The Kentucky Derby is Saturday evening as well and NBC won't preempt that for hockey (they left a game in the middle of OT a few years back so that no one would miss the 3 hour pre-race show...).

MERICA'

Because it's a saterday morning game in the west!

I don't know why people are making a big deal about a Saturday noon hockey game. I guess we need something to complain about.

Guest Stogey24

Because it's a saterday morning game in the west!

The one good thing on that is you'll still be drunk from the night before...

I know Saturday morning cartoons are cool and all but it's not that big of a deal.

It ain't like waking up 4AM to watch Team Canada.

You got a point there. It will be on in my restaurant no matter when the have it. ONE MORE SLEEP to hockey.

I don't know why people are making a big deal about a Saturday noon hockey game. I guess we need something to complain about.

Because I NEED my Saturday NIGHT hockey. Not at 1pm, not at 3PM and not at 5PM, but 7PM. It's a tradition that is slowly being eroded because fvc.king Bettman wants to "grow" the game in the US.

I can actually think of a lot of reasons off the top of my head some of which have been mentioned here.

- Some people like the tradition of watching games at night

- Part B of the first reason is especially in Canada on a Saturday night

- Some people like to drink and then not have to function for another 9-12 hours + for the rest of the day (Some people might prefer getting started early though)

- Having the game later in the day allows for a growing anticipation and more excitement throughout the day leading up to the game vs having to "wake up" mentally for the first half of the game (more for us west coasters)

- Once the damn game is over, you have to basically wait an extra day until the next one :P

- I personally like doing things during the daytime rather than watching television. I'm sure other people do as well.

There's not a conspiracy or anything but watching a game at night is a lot better. Also from what I've seen, in this thread at least, the times of two of the games are still TBD so it's not necessarily only the one game.

I wouldn't have complained about the schedule or anything for the record but there are reasons to be upset about earlier starts. Even though it happens every year during the playoffs and isn't anything new.

I don't mind the odd matinee here and there... keeps my evening hockey-free for my wife. But for those stuck working Days, it really sucks.

One game at 12:30. All six other scheduled games at 7. Must be a conspiracy.

The other Saturday game is time TBD and could very well be an afternoon affair as well. That would be two out of a possible two afternoon weekend games which won't make too many happy.

I know Saturday morning cartoons are cool and all but it's not that big of a deal.

It ain't like waking up 4AM to watch Team Canada.

i'm usually not up until 11AM on Saterdays and SUndays!

Guest Stogey24

I can actually think of a lot of reasons off the top of my head some of which have been mentioned here.

- Some people like to drink and then not have to function for another 9-12 hours + for the rest of the day (Some people might prefer getting started early though)

- Having the game later in the day allows for a growing anticipation and more excitement throughout the day leading up to the game vs having to "wake up" mentally for the first half of the game (more for us west coasters)

- Once the damn game is over, you have to basically wait an extra day until the next one :P

- I personally like doing things during the daytime rather than watching television. I'm sure other people do as well.

There's not a conspiracy or anything but watching a game at night is a lot better. Also from what I've seen, in this thread at least, the times of two of the games are still TBD so it's not necessarily only the one game.

I wouldn't have complained about the schedule or anything for the record but there are reasons to be upset about earlier starts. Even though it happens every year during the playoffs and isn't anything new.

Amen

The other Saturday game is time TBD and could very well be an afternoon affair as well. That would be two out of a possible two afternoon weekend games which won't make too many happy.

That's exactly what will happen. NBC decides these things and they'll want another afternoon game!

- I personally like doing things during the daytime rather than watching television. I'm sure other people do as well

Bingo!!! I usually watch the games on SATURDAY nights with my buddies...and a few cold ones.