Round Two: Bruins or Wings (Bruins)

Neech

Guest Stogey24

Because Moan is the best PK forward on team besides Plekanec and Tampa was dangerous on PP, but weaker team than Wings-Bruins. And Bournival has been weak defensively, fast and bright future but rookie with flaws.

And Galchenyuk is so skilled and future star of team and many say Prust has sucked (not myself).

But like you say, how can you fiddle with winning combo? SO, do you wait till first loss or 2 before any changes?

I can't say anything because I'm not a fan of Moen, but its tough call for sure.

I thought Prust played pretty well. He missed 12 games prior to this series too.

Gallagher vs. Lucic. Big guy can't keep up to the kid, and in case of spearing, Gallagher has balls of steel.

(Okay, okay, not really my preferred matchup, but it had to be said.)

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

How do teams deal with 7-9 days off between a series?

Beneficial to a long run, or historically do teams that sweep one round, struggle starting the next due to long layoff?

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the Kings a couple years ago having multiple long breaks on the way to the cup.

Gallagher vs. Lucic. Big guy can't keep up to the kid, and in case of spearing, Gallagher has balls of steel.

(Okay, okay, not really my preferred matchup, but it had to be said.)

Lucic actually knows and likes Gallagher. Tried to get Boston to draft him. Boston thought they could get him in the sixth round but their scouting alerted other teams including Montreal. So in other words, thank Milan Lucic for Brendan Gallagher.

Saw the last game versus the Bruins in the end of the regular season. The Boston team nailed the Habs. It was almost embarrassing. Crazy-Krejci, Lucic and Bergeron always seems to play better and harder when the Canadiens are on the other side.

Also, I don't get the new Playoff-Tree. Boston won the conference and get's to play the last seeded wild card, the Red Wings. Pens finished second and face the best wild card. Check.

3. Tampa

4. Montreal

5. NY Rangers

6. Philadelphia

And yet Tampa play(ed) Montreal and Rangers got Philly? Why? Because of the divisions? And now we are waiting for the Bruins or the Redwings?

Could someone please explain?

I can't say anything because I'm not a fan of Moen, but its tough call for sure.

I thought Prust played pretty well. He missed 12 games prior to this series too.

I think that's the key. I had forgotten that Prust is playing, as one commentator said, with bruises on his bruises and it was a rib injury. So he's being heroic while I'm knocking him. My bad.

Boo me. :blush:

So, does anyone think they should change the lines/pairings? I'm fine with standing pat. Adjustments can be made if they get in trouble or around the fourth/fifth game.

It was pointed out...in the Gazette I think , that the Cube and Weise were paired and not Tinordi for instance because TB was so fast and Bou had speed and was good one on one.

Bou was happy to play but a little surprised apparently.

He was terrific. Good decision from MT.

Saw the last game versus the Bruins in the end of the regular season. The Boston team nailed the Habs. It was almost embarrassing. Crazy-Krejci, Lucic and Bergeron always seems to play better and harder when the Canadiens are on the other side.

Also, I don't get the new Playoff-Tree. Boston won the conference and get's to play the last seeded wild card, the Red Wings. Pens finished second and face the best wild card. Check.

3. Tampa

4. Montreal

5. NY Rangers

6. Philadelphia

And yet Tampa play(ed) Montreal and Rangers got Philly? Why? Because of the divisions? And now we are waiting for the Bruins or the Redwings?

Could someone please explain?

#1 in east played worst team, #2 plays 2nd wildcard and then is all within division, #2 vs #3 and then 2 winners meet in each division (or whatever they are called)

This makes no sense to me.

Dec 5 - Habs 2, Bruins 1

Jan 30 - Habs 4, Bruins 1

Mar 12 - Bruins 4, Habs 1

Mar 25 - Habs 2, Bruins 1

If you saw Boston beat Montreal this year, you saw the third game, not the last.

Edited by Jeff Price (no relation)

This makes no sense to me.

Dec 5 - Habs 2, Bruins 1

Jan 30 - Habs 4, Bruins 1

Mar 12 - Bruins 4, Habs 1

Mar 25 - Habs 2, Bruins 1

If you saw Boston beat Montreal this year, you saw the third game, not the last.

He's talking about the physical edge. Chara is going to be tough, he always is, but this isn't the goon squad of 2010-2011. Lucic gets rough, but severely penalized for everything he does.

It's almost comical to watch the Bruins goon it up when they're losing. They're basically a bunch of idiots, and lose almost every emotional tilt against the Canadiens. Especially in Boston.

Imo, the worst move Therrien can make is to insert Moen, Murray and Tinordi. The trap they're playing, the balanced attack and quick ups from their defensemen are how they can win this series.

If they fall behind 2/3-0, by all means, put in the big boys, but right now Detroit is showing the effect of fast paced disciplined hockey against the Bruins.

Our writers have weighed in, most prefer Boston but a couple (myself included) would rather Detroit. http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3376

On the site poll, Detroit's getting nearly two-thirds of the vote thus far.

Am surprised most picked Bruins? I do, but just for the entertainment value and would rather see Habs beat a tougher opponent (historically good track record also helps).

I wanted Detroit, but it seems pretty likely now that it'll be Boston.

The recipe against Boston is exactly what Babcock said it is: don't play their game, play your game. Rely on speed to pressure their D and be resilient, in classic Habs fashion - i.e., take the licking and keep on ticking.

We'll be in tough against one of the very top teams in the National Hockey League, but it should be a fun series.

Over four games against Boston this year, we've scored a measley 8 goals. (The shootouts don't count - especially in the playoffs)
During those same four games, Boston scored 7.

I'd say this is going to make for a low scoring, close series, except - regular season results against Tampa didn't in any way look like the playoff results. However, in Montreal's favor... Montreal is currently a much better team than Boston faced in any of those games (except maybe Game 4.) Since Montreal acquired Vanek, Weaver and Weise, and had time to gel as a team, they've been FAR better than they were earlier in the year.

Since March 18th - When Vanek finally found his place on Montreal's roster, the team has gone 13-3-1, Outscoring their opponents 57-39 in that span.

I honestly believe that this is a true measure of the team we've currently got...not their good-but-not-spectacular regular season record, but the regular season/playoff record since Vanek's first goal (hat trick, even) in Montreal.

Detroit should have had last night's game. I knew when they only had one goal to show for their dominant first period that they'd be in trouble. You absolutely have to take your chances against the Bruins, because they'll shut down your offense and eventually grind out a few goals. Detroit's playing the right style to beat them, but it takes that plus being very opportunistic. I hope the Red Wings can prolong the series a bit more.

If I had to choose, I'd definitely pick Detroit. They play the same type of game the Bolts play and we beat them pretty easily!

Unfortunately, the Bruins look like our most likely opponent! True that we beat them 5 out of the last 6 games, but we all know that the playoffs are a different beast, and playing the same team over and over again can be difficult.

Let's hope our boys stick to the game plan! If they do, we have an honest chance of beating the Pooh Bears!

Bought a pair of tix for the first home game. Game 3 vs Boston or game 1 vs Detroit !

:halm::gohabsgo::halm:

I've got ticket envy!!!. That will be so good!!

Over four games against Boston this year, we've scored a measley 8 goals. (The shootouts don't count - especially in the playoffs)

During those same four games, Boston scored 7.

I'd say this is going to make for a low scoring, close series, except - regular season results against Tampa didn't in any way look like the playoff results. However, in Montreal's favor... Montreal is currently a much better team than Boston faced in any of those games (except maybe Game 4.) Since Montreal acquired Vanek, Weaver and Weise, and had time to gel as a team, they've been FAR better than they were earlier in the year.

Since March 18th - When Vanek finally found his place on Montreal's roster, the team has gone 13-3-1, Outscoring their opponents 57-39 in that span.

I honestly believe that this is a true measure of the team we've currently got...not their good-but-not-spectacular regular season record, but the regular season/playoff record since Vanek's first goal (hat trick, even) in Montreal.

That's the way I want to see it for sure. The dedicated intensity is great.

We can beat Boston, the same way Chicago is beating St. Louis, with speed and skill. Being able to play our game, not the Bruin's game is key. We are in their heads, and it can be done, they will beat themselves if we keep our heads, and of course, if Price is mistake free..... :gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1