Game 2, Habs vs Bruins, 12:30 PM

dlbalr

We're missing another top 4 D-man. Markov has played well, but he hasn't been an offensive threat. Beaulieu obviously isn't ready for top minutes , but slotting him into the bottom pairing with Weaver doesn't seem like a terrible idea to me...

He is pretty weak physically, got pushed off puck and repeatedly turned it over on PP for SH breakaways in Hamilton (going for fancy high-risk plays), so I think both Tinordi or Murray are much safer and better options vs Bruins.

But is unlikely Therrien will switch up d-men, will he? Especially with Weaver-Bouillon leading team in +/-; @ +5/+4.

Is it really necessary to remove Boo Boo? Or are we over-reacting to a couple of regrettable bounces, considering that, before those bounces, the boards were full of appreciation at his blood-and-guts veteran playoff performances? It seems to me that our basic problem is a team problem - our inability to break out and clear the zone - and that playing the "individual blame" game misses this point. Again, I wouldn't oppose inserting Beaulieu, but surely expecting a scrub to somehow make the difference is pretty nuts.

Is it really necessary to remove Boo Boo? Or are we over-reacting to a couple of regrettable bounces, considering that, before those bounces, the boards were full of appreciation at his blood-and-guts veteran playoff performances? It seems to me that our basic problem is a team problem - our inability to break out and clear the zone - and that playing the "individual blame" game misses this point. Again, I wouldn't oppose inserting Beaulieu, but surely expecting a scrub to somehow make the difference is pretty nuts.

I don't blame Frankie for 2 goals (but Weaver is cleaning up for some of Bouillon's gaffs), but still would have a big guy on 3rd pairing and Tinordi would be playing his 20th straight game on Tuesday if was my choice.

But, have no real big objection to Weaver-Bouillon as vet 3rd pairing, are doing 'fine'.

A target is always a handy scapegoat for public purification rites. Enter the Cube. And he's short.. so safer to slag.

I think he's been wonderful, and it's borderline ridiculous to fault him overly much on the deflections, especially the chest shot in game 2.

Cubists unite! As Don's stats show, he's got some pretty darned good +/- numbers and while I haven't been focusing upon him in particular, positively or negatively, he doesn't spring to mind as a problem... and I just can't help admiring the hell out the guy.

Guest Stogey24

Mhmmm. Prust has been a turnover machine, I love that guy, but he's clearly injured and it's hurting the team.

Mhmmm. Prust has been a turnover machine, I love that guy, but he's clearly injured and it's hurting the team.

I frankly don't watch the game intelligently enough to make much of a contribution to this matter. But he sure seems a little handicapped whenever he's near the puck. Could be playing hurt and making it happen all over without me picking it up, but I do see the not uncommon flubbed situations.

I frankly don't watch the game intelligently enough to make much of a contribution to this matter. But he sure seems a little handicapped whenever he's near the puck. Could be playing hurt and making it happen all over without me picking it up, but I do see the not uncommon flubbed situations.

Prust has been making awful decisions with and without the puck. I definitely think he's playing hurt and would dress Moen in his stead.

How was Price wearing down, Bruins had 1 shot in first 11minutes of 3rd period and Habs outshot Bruins in 2nd period also?

Rask save % has been below .900 both games, so what does that mean?

Shot attempts are hard on a goalie, not just registered shots. The issue was the number of shots and attempts over game one and two. Price was looking lower and slower as the game went on. Rask barely needed a shower and he wasn't very good.

I don't blame Price for the fact that the team was outplayed most of the game.

I have no issue with Boullion. The only reason I could see putting Murray in ( and it is risky) would be to have a guy who can punish the Boston fore checkers. Right now, they are not scared of flying into our zone or going into the corners.

Honestly, I have no problem with MT dressing Bouillon, OR Murray, OR even Beaulieu. (I would be very leery of Tinordi under these circumstances). All three of the guys I mentioned have downsides: Boo Boo is coming off a bad game, Murray will be too slow to contain the Bruins forwards (their team speed is MUCH more impressive than the pre-series rhetoric would have led you to think) and will therefore get burned on occasion, and Beaulieu is high-risk high-reward - likely trading off some enhanced speed through the neutral zone and offensive instincts for breakdowns under pressure.

I just don't think any individual Hab is the issue. It's team play around the breakout that's the key.

Same up front. I agree that Prust should be pulled, but anyone who thinks Moen vs Prust vs White is going to be a difference maker is confusing forest and trees IMHO.

Shot attempts are hard on a goalie, not just registered shots. The issue was the number of shots and attempts over game one and two. Price was looking lower and slower as the game went on. Rask barely needed a shower and he wasn't very good.

I don't blame Price for the fact that the team was outplayed most of the game.

Yes Price has seen more rubber and maybe he was tired? I just didn't see it, whole team simply were flat footed for last 9 minutes of 3rd.

I also don't agree outplayed most of game neither, thought was a good back and forth game and Habs were all over them at start of 3rd.

Then Vanek got 3-1 goal, I thought 'game over', kill 10 more minutes or so and 2-0 coming back to Montreal; but seems the team thought that as well.

Yes Price has seen more rubber and maybe he was tired? I just didn't see it, whole team simply were flat footed for last 9 minutes of 3rd.

I also don't agree outplayed most of game neither, thought was a good back and forth game and Habs were all over them at start of 3rd.

Then Vanek got 3-1 goal, I thought 'game over', kill 10 more minutes or so and 2-0 coming back to Montreal; but seems the team thought that as well.

Nilan made a good point during my lunch break, after that first goal in the third, the home ice advantage really kicked in. I knew when they were down one that it was all over.

Nilan made a good point during my lunch break, after that first goal in the third, the home ice advantage really kicked in. I knew when they were down one that it was all over.

There is no way you can say Bruins arnt 'battle tested' in past few playoffs, with basically same core guys.

LIke comebacks vs Leafs, Habs and others in past few years.

So Habs will need to somehow maintain tight checking and keep skating right till the end of 3rd period to put these dirty-bruins out of their misery. :D

The question is can the Habs move the puck out fast enough to use a speed and possession game vs Boston. That is when the Habs have been their best in the past two seasons. Forwards support and quick passing is the only way to mitigate that forecheck from Boston, and catch them 3 on 2 the other way.

We will see tonight what Therrien has planned, let's hope we can execute.

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

I'll post this here since there isn't a GDT yet (who is getting tomorrow's, by the way?) for Game 3 - Tim Peel and Chris Rooney are the refs for tomorrow. Oh boy.

I think it's time for the return of the pug!

Honestly, I have no problem with MT dressing Bouillon, OR Murray, OR even Beaulieu. (I would be very leery of Tinordi under these circumstances). All three of the guys I mentioned have downsides: Boo Boo is coming off a bad game, Murray will be too slow to contain the Bruins forwards (their team speed is MUCH more impressive than the pre-series rhetoric would have led you to think) and will therefore get burned on occasion, and Beaulieu is high-risk high-reward - likely trading off some enhanced speed through the neutral zone and offensive instincts for breakdowns under pressure.

I just don't think any individual Hab is the issue. It's team play around the breakout that's the key.

Same up front. I agree that Prust should be pulled, but anyone who thinks Moen vs Prust vs White is going to be a difference maker is confusing forest and trees IMHO.

Why leery of Tinordi? With the pressure and physicallity of the Brrooons, I would be much less inclined to put Beaulieu in there if I were in MT's shoes. I suspect we may see Murray tonight...or in my case tomorrow morning :-) Don't care who plays as long as they get the win.

Also, and it is a very, very long time since I thought this: I hope Bourque can play

I think it's time for the return of the pug!

That was more of a streak-snapping dog, this is only one game at this time. It might be worth saving it for more dire circumstances.

At any rate, we need a GDT soon, anyone?

That was more of a streak-snapping dog, this is only one game at this time. It might be worth saving it for more dire circumstances.

At any rate, we need a GDT soon, anyone?

I'm at work until 6pm, can't help.

We have both the pug and Yvonne that can come up anytime to save our team.