Peter Budaj

Team Leaders
G Thomas Vanek (5)
A P.K. Subban (8)
PTS P.K. Subban (12)
+/- Mike Weaver (+7)
PIMS P.K. Subban (16)
Injuries: Alex Galchenyuk
Scratches: Francis Bouillon, Travis Moen, Douglas Murray, George Parros, Jarred Tinordi, Ryan White

Boston Bruins (7-3-1)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Jarome Iginla
Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Reilly Smith
Matt Fraser - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson
Daniel Paille - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Dougie Hamilton
Matt Bartkowski - Johnny Boychuk
Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask
Chad Johnson

Team Leaders
G Iginla/Lucic (4)
A Torey Krug (7)
PTS Bergeron/Krug (9)
+/- Smith/Soderberg (+5)
PIMS Hamilton/Marchand (14)
Injuries: Chris Kelly, Adam McQuaid, Marc Savard, Dennis Seidenberg
Scratches: Jordan Caron, Andrej Meszaros, Corey Potter

Puck Drop: 7:00 PM EST TV: RDS, CBC, NBCSN Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Great stat Lovett's

"Carey Price has played in four elimination games.. and let in one goal."

“I don’t think I’ve played a game in this league nervous, and I’m not going to start to do that now. . . . I can’t wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can’t wait to take that all away from them.” - PK

Habs will leave it all on the ice tonight, Bruins will need all the bounces and breaks if Mtl gets the lead early. Habs have the momentum, confidence, and the attitude to win this, and we know from game 6 the certainly have the ability, and the Bruins know it! Subban will be the difference tonight, he lives for this!!!

All the pressure is on the slow witted, knuckle draggers, who consider themselves victims according to coach Julien, if there is any justice in the world, the Habs will move on through will, intelligence and effort...

:gohabsgo::habslogo::gohabsgo:

Once more ready for the early start...2am can't get here fast enough. :1gohabs::habslogo::1gohabs:

while Les Habitant stick to :hockey: Hopefully the Bruins get caught up in :argue:

Guest Stogey24

Does it not seem like a better idea to go with White over Briere? The speed of that line on the fore check was perfect. There is no point to have Briere out there trying to finish checks. He's the weak link on that line in that role.

For God's sake, leave the lineup alone!! The team just played its best game of the season - maybe its best game in years; why muck with that?? I like White, but given his track record of going cowabunga at the wrong time, we're much better to insert Briere, who can redeem his reputation as a clutch performer with a single, key goal tonight. He is absolutely the sort of "secret weapon" you want at a moment like this. Besides, his line played great.

EPIC GAME TONIGHT!!! GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Stogey24

For God's sake, leave the lineup alone!! The team just played its best game of the season - maybe its best game in years; why muck with that?? I like White, but given his track record of going cowabunga at the wrong time, we're much better to insert Briere, who can redeem his reputation as a clutch performer with a single, key goal tonight. He is absolutely the sort of "secret weapon" you want at a moment like this. Besides, his line played great.

EPIC GAME TONIGHT!!! GO HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His line played great, he did nothing. That line is there to create energy, briere does nothing of the sort. He hasn't had a shot on net since game one. That line goes out there to wear the other team down. Briere aint doin' that.

briere has played excellent --at both ends of the ice-- on every shift that Therien has dared to play him. I'm not sure what the low-ice time is for. he's never been a liability on the ice in any playoff game, and he's always dangerous making things happen. He's doing everything! Including backchecking with determination and grit that I didn't know he was capable of. I don't understand why Therien doesn't trust him.

Does it not seem like a better idea to go with White over Briere? The speed of that line on the fore check was perfect. There is no point to have Briere out there trying to finish checks. He's the weak link on that line in that role.

Mr. White can play vs Rangers.

I do not think I have wanted to win a game in my life as much as this one

Maybe when we used to battle Sherwood Parkdale illWill. :nuts:

Again, all I can hope for is the team to give er, skate/forecheck and all give exactly same effort as DD showed with his goalline faceplant.

And the gumption of Weaver-Gallagher wont hurt neither!

Will be a long day at work for sure.

Briere's usefulness is by reminding the Bruins that there's an offensive scoring threat on the fourth line. It makes them double guess their defensive pairings. He has done a great job getting the puck into the Bruins zone, even if he isn't getting the puck into the net. I'd prefer his wingers to be Moen and Weise but like CC, don't touch the lineup. Ryan White is an excellent fourth liner but he isn't going to bring the sort of offensive awareness that Danny does.

My nerves are jittering already...I can't remember the last time I wanted the Habs to win a hockey game this badly. Please, guys...find a way. Two things happen if the Habs advance to Round 3 for me:

1. I spend the night launching an epic "suck it/told you so/lmao at you" campaing against the Bruins fans and Habs haters I've been dealing with on FB

2. I fulfill a promise made a few years back, when asked "When are you going to buy in fully and buy a Carey Price jersey?" My answer was "When he gets us to the third round". I am a man of my word: The wife and I will be heading to Montreal this weekend (planned shopping/spa)...and I will be hitting up the big store at the Bell Center to make good on that pledge.

Guest Stogey24

My nerves are jittering already...I can't remember the last time I wanted the Habs to win a hockey game this badly. Please, guys...find a way. Two things happen if the Habs advance to Round 3 for me:

1. I spend the night launching an epic "suck it/told you so/lmao at you" campaing against the Bruins fans and Habs haters I've been dealing with on FB

2. I fulfill a promise made a few years back, when asked "When are you going to buy in fully and buy a Carey Price jersey?" My answer was "When he gets us to the third round". I am a man of my word: The wife and I will be heading to Montreal this weekend (planned shopping/spa)...and I will be hitting up the big store at the Bell Center to make good on that pledge.

Get a Weaver Jersey while your at it.

Try Strom spa on Ile-des-Soeurs. My gf works there as a massage therapist. Great place...

I can't wait for the game to start. Looking forward to a great performance from our Habs. And I wish all fans in this forum and everywhere a win.

GO HABS GO!

Here I am, a 43-year-old man, nervous as hell about a hockey game almost six hours away!! Insane. I don't remember being this keyed up for a game since the Gold Medal game in 2002 (where I actually hard a hard time sleeping the night before). We've had other Game Sevens in the interim, both ecstatic (2004, 2010) and agonizing (2011) - I do remember hoping desperately that we could upset Washington in 2010, just to stick it to all the "experts" who treated the Habs like also-ran garbage - but this one feels different. And I think the difference is, this time, we really do have a strong team. Not a powerhouse, but also not an upstart Cinderella story. Anything really is possible here. Yes, the Bruins have to be favoured...but we only need to outplay them in Boston ONCE.

Like I said: insane. BRING IT ON!!!! :habslogo:

I feel the same way C.C.

Once again, I plan on sacrificing myself for the greater good of the team. I watched games 2, 4 and 5 and our boys lost. Monday night, I told myself that if I didn't watch, the Habs would win....and they won, convincingly! So tonight, after work, I'll be heading over to the Driving range to hit a couple of buckets of balls. Then I'll head over to the gym for an hour. By the time I'll be done it should be around 9:30 and we'll have a better idea of what's gonna happen! Hopefully my sacrifice will have been worth it!

I'll also be saying a few prayers to the Hockey gods (#1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9)

GO HABS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!