ECF-Game 2-Rangers at Canadiens

Good review and star selection Brian.

It looks like Tokarski gets game 3 and he seemed pretty good in the postgame interview. He would like another look at that second goal, but seemed pretty solid psychologically. If he reflects what's going on in the room , we are not in bad shape.

I think we can take game 3 and believe I was wrong to call for Budaj for game 3 while PJ Stock is , incidentally. He thinks putting him in was a mistake. Neither of them had played in a long time.

100% agree.

Hell I'd take Prust out for Bournival.

We couldn't score. Putting moen in is like taking a step backwards

I prefer Bournival- he actually has some chemistry with pleks.

I'm thinking for Prust who can't score either but isn't as good in his own end.

PJ Stock is an idiot, a moron, and an indictment in how far the CBC has fallen.

Good review and star selection Brian.

It looks like Tokarski gets game 3 and he seemed pretty good in the postgame interview. He would like another look at that second goal, but seemed pretty solid psychologically. If he reflects what's going on in the room , we are not in bad shape.

I think we can take game 3 and believe I was wrong to call for Budaj for game 3 while PJ Stock is , incidentally. He thinks putting him in was a mistake. Neither of them had played in a long time.

100% agree.

Hell I'd take Prust out for Bournival.

I prefer Bournival- he actually has some chemistry with pleks.

PJ Stock is an idiot, a moron, and an indictment in how far the CBC has fallen.

Jaques Demers was on the postgame show on RDS, and said that Lundqvist just did to us what Cary Price did to Boston. :flaming:

Bench Vanek... He is killing me. He has great skills when there is time and space, but in the playoffs there is no time and space. I wonder if he has issues with Coach, because he looks like he is pouting. He just floats around until he can turn the puck over.

• Upvote 1

He's being played with a shutdown centre - that's not his game. There is zero chemistry on that line.

You don't get a Porsche and put H rated tires on it.

Bench Vanek... He is killing me. He has great skills when there is time and space, but in the playoffs there is no time and space. I wonder if he has issues with Coach, because he looks like he is pouting. He just floats around until he can turn the puck over.

He's being played with a shutdown centre - that's not his game. There is zero chemistry on that line.

You don't get a Porsche and put H rated tires on it.

I still don't want him. He's a floater.

OK guys this series ain't over. At least I don't think so. We have been here before with ABSOLUTELY great teams. This team has guts, they play for each other. Now they need to get their act together and play. They were better tonite, nobody can deny that. Did toker let in a couple that Price would have laughed at? SURE. This kid is not Price but he didn't let any goals in the 3rd. He gave us a chance to win. What the heck more do you want? He battled he learned. He gets game 3 and more IMHO. Gio tried but he has not got much left. 1 goal was his fault alone. He wauy overplayed it. PK is still not being the difference. Markov has picked it up. Put Pernel and Andre back together. That will fork up the rangers. The Rangers are losers. Always have been always will be. WE CAN BEAT THESE BUMS. MT was not out coached tonite, he did a good job. :gohabsgo:

I caught some of the LA - Chicago game the other day, and whoever comes out of the East is getting destroyed by the winner of that one. The Habs would have to play Game 6 against Boston every night just to even make it that far. What's worse, having a crappy letdown in round three or for the Cup?

Price has put his playoff demons to bed, bigtime. With him (healthy) and our young nucleus, we're in the contention conversation in the East for the foreseeable future. We need another front-line player who brings the intensity of PK or Gallagher when the chips are down. Bergevin pulled a rabbit out of his hat at the deadline, let's see what he can do this offseason.

OK guys this series ain't over. At least I don't think so. We have been here before with ABSOLUTELY great teams. This team has guts, they play for each other. Now they need to get their act together and play. They were better tonite, nobody can deny that. Did toker let in a couple that Price would have laughed at? SURE. This kid is not Price but he didn't let any goals in the 3rd. He gave us a chance to win. What the heck more do you want? He battled he learned. He gets game 3 and more IMHO. Gio tried but he has not got much left. 1 goal was his fault alone. He wauy overplayed it. PK is still not being the difference. Markov has picked it up. Put Pernel and Andre back together. That will fork up the rangers. The Rangers are losers. Always have been always will be. WE CAN BEAT THESE BUMS. MT was not out coached tonite, he did a good job. :gohabsgo:

Rangers aren't losers. They out-Habs-ed the Habs, fuelled by a strong goalie, speed, and clutch scoring.

I love your enthusiasm. But it's the enthusiasm of Napoleon's army marching off to Moscow.

Rangers aren't losers. They out-Habs-ed the Habs, fuelled by a strong goalie, speed, and clutch scoring.

I love your enthusiasm. But it's the enthusiasm of Napoleon's army marching off to Moscow.

I think we've got some pretty good footwear for the remaining march, enough to warrant playing the game.

We outplayed NY significantly.. 14 - 5 SOG at one point. Fluky deflection.. soft goal on nervous kid.. and bad penalty goal robbed us of oxygen though the guys slogged on against Lundquist who Priced us.

I think our goaltending is OK..not great , but OK, and I think we can win game 3 if we play as well as we started yesterday.

A bounce or two.. and its 2-1..

Poor NY has the dreaded 2 game lead!!! :thumbs_up::canada:

And WE are the Canadiens.. not them. :flaming:

What drives me crazy is that, while of course I never imagined Price's being out, this is basically the exact scenario I feared after we threw away Game One - viz., that we would bring our "A" game in Game Two but, thanks to bounces, Lundqvist, and weird calls, we'd still lose. That's what happens when you give yourself no margin of error in the playoffs. Who knows, maybe this is one of those lessons that the Habs' young nucleus needed to learn before they can finally win. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

I'm gonna predict one win in New York, with us being eliminated in Montreal in Game Five. And frankly, that's optimistic of me.

When did hell freeze over? :clap:

But seriously, loved the 1st period and Habs had good looks that ended up as missed shots and have few complaints.

4+minutes with goalie pulled was quite something.

Got em right where we want em, all overconfident! :blink:

:1gohabs:

What drives me crazy is that, while of course I never imagined Price's being out, this is basically the exact scenario I feared after we threw away Game One - viz., that we would bring our "A" game in Game Two but, thanks to bounces, Lundqvist, and weird calls, we'd still lose. That's what happens when you give yourself no margin of error in the playoffs. Who knows, maybe this is one of those lessons that the Habs' young nucleus needed to learn before they can finally win. Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.

I'm gonna predict one win in New York, with us being eliminated in Montreal in Game Five. And frankly, that's optimistic of me.

Hahahahah! I get you ChiCuke. You did indeed call it to a "T" right down to the lucky bounces. I haven't seen enough of the midget in goal to have a strong sense of what he can and will do, but... and I just say but.... if he's good enough and we come at NY like they were TB.. then our team, qua team has a shot. Especially if we take game 3. If we take 3, then things open up for us.

Having seen enough reviews and similar incidents , it looks like our top player was indeed taken out because of an assault; a hit that could have been highly minimized at least.

And fortunately I still have a big Boston smile on my face... snicker..snicker . .thump.. thump... :hyper:

When did hell freeze over? :clap:

But seriously, loved the 1st period and Habs had good looks that ended up as missed shots and have few complaints.

4+minutes with goalie pulled was quite something.

Got em right where we want em, all overconfident! :blink:

:1gohabs:

Too true.. the dreaded two game lead.. .SUCKERS!! :halm:

Guest Stogey24

What player has been successful playing beside Tomas Plekanec? Truly disappointed with Vanek. I had heard stories about how awful he was at back checking, but I mean come on. He doesn't deserve to have the CH on his chest when you see the type of effort a guy like Gallagher brings every night

2007-08 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 29 40 69 42 15 12 4 5 9 2

2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 80 20 19 39 54 -9 3 0 0 0 4

2009-10 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 25 45 70 50 5 19 4 7 11 20

2010-11 Montreal Canadiens NHL 77 22 35 57 60 8 7 2 3 5 2

2011-12 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 17 35 52

Somebody's been scoring goals , getting assists and shutting down a hell of a lot of good players while wearing Plek's jersey.... :blush:

So i got to see that sorry show last night at the Bell Centre. It wasn't pretty! True that the Habs had 40 shots on net, but most of them weren't very dangerous. Most of the time, we were too close to the net or there was nobody to screen Lundqvist. If he can see it, he's gonna stop it! Another thing I realized is that the Rangers are damn fast skating team. I thought our boys were fast, but the Rangers are actually faster than we are. Every time our boys would skate out to attack their zone, their players would catch up to our forwards pretty quick. That's why most of the times we entered the Rangers end of the ice, there were already 4 blueshirts in the defensive zone!

Our boys came out strong, but gave up a goal only seconds after having scored out first goal. And then to end the first period down by a goal, I knew it was over then.

Unless the change of scenery in NYC will do anything for our boys, I just don't see how we can beat Lundqvist 4 times in the next 5 games... He's just too solid and unless we start crashing the net, he's gonna make the saves. I will keep praying to the hockey gods, but I think our time is up this year! Too bad, cause I really thought we had a legit chance this year!

Guest Stogey24

2007-08 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 29 40 69 42 15 12 4 5 9 2

2008-09 Montreal Canadiens NHL 80 20 19 39 54 -9 3 0 0 0 4

2009-10 Montreal Canadiens NHL 82 25 45 70 50 5 19 4 7 11 20

2010-11 Montreal Canadiens NHL 77 22 35 57 60 8 7 2 3 5 2

2011-12 Montreal Canadiens NHL 81 17 35 52

Somebody's been scoring goals , getting assists and shutting down a hell of a lot of good players while wearing Plek's jersey.... :blush:

;)

What player has been successful playing beside Tomas Plekanec? Truly disappointed with Vanek. I had heard stories about how awful he was at back checking, but I mean come on. He doesn't deserve to have the CH on his chest when you see the type of effort a guy like Gallagher brings every night

He is exact same as Kovalev, Cammalleri, floaters who can score, but when not scoring are totally useless.

And he will score more goals and opinion will sway again.

Hmmm?.....Why does it seem when Habs pepper a goalie, shots are considered weak, or not indicative of play?

But when Habs give up ton of shot attempts, they are hanging on for dear life and outplayed badly?

If Yemelin is out, sit Beaulieu and I say let Weaver play with Markov and bring back the mass on the backend, Tinordi and Murray for 3rd pairing!

Crap on Murray all you want, but Habs often win with him in the lineup!

GHG!!! :clap: