Brandon Prust suspended for two games

dlbalr

Prust's Suspension  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will Prust get for his hit on Derek Stepan?

• 4 (or remainder of series)
    • 5 or more

This has already been discussed a bit in the GDT but with nothing new going on for a couple of days (long live the dragged out schedule...), it's worthy of its own thread.

By now, you're probably aware of the hearing at 4 PM this afternoon for Prust's hit on Derek Stepan. Here's the hit:

854034597.gif

We've also since learned that Stepan has or will shortly be undergoing surgery for a broken jaw. The Rangers won't have a timetable for his return until the surgery is completed.

The question becomes, will Prust be suspended? If so, for how long?

Very dangerous hit, he deserves a suspension.

Now, according to the NHL's twisted logic, one game in the playoffs counts for something like 3 in the regular season. So Prust should - by that "logic" - get about 1-2 games, max.

As for whether he will get suspended, well, ya got me. The NHL is roughly as random as a Vegas roulette wheel, and the fact that this poll is evenly divided between 0-3 games demonstrates that. However, he's not wearing a Bruins jersey, so a suspension seems likely.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10411871_10203886820635964_1673100673961099940_n.jpg

Stepan at my buddy's diner in New Jersey this morning hanging out before he went in for surgery..

Does he look like someone with a broken jaw?

I have this funny feeling he sits out for a game or two and returns for game 6 after "magically" healing.

I feel like this is all being done so Prust can get a lengthy suspension.

Then again I always feel like everyone is out to f%^K the Habs.

I would think this was a fair decision, but I always think back do how Chara did worse and got nothing. So I'm pissed.

At least we have plenty of depth.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10411871_10203886820635964_1673100673961099940_n.jpg

Stepan at my buddy's diner in New Jersey this morning hanging out before he went in for surgery..

Does he look like someone with a broken jaw?

I have this funny feeling he sits out for a game or two and returns for game 6 after "magically" healing.

I feel like this is all being done so Prust can get a lengthy suspension.

Then again I always feel like everyone is out to f%^K the Habs.

for a guy with a broken jaw he sure looks good. And it sure did not stop his yapping at the refs last night. He was also throwing his body around with wild abandon after he came back from the hit. What forking drugs are they giving these guys. I call bullshit.

Stepan injured himself by flapping his jaw so much in the game.

Anyway, blindside late hit, 1 or 2 games would have been fair. We lucked out that he didn't get penalized on the hit. And what we did get out of the hit?

Carcillo off 2 minutes for charging.

Carcillo ejected and given a 10 game suspension for abuse of officials.

Stepan missing an undisclosed number of games because something is wrong with his face. (I could have told you that before the last game, just looking at the ugly bastard.)

Prust kicking Derek Dorsett's arse all the way from MSG to hell and back.

Seriously, that hit was very much worth the suspension. All we have to do is find someone to replace Prust in the lineup for a couple games. Gee. Since we have more forwards that we WANT to play than we actually CAN play...i'm sure this won't be an issue.

Stepan injured himself by flapping his jaw so much in the game.

Anyway, blindside late hit, 1 or 2 games would have been fair. We lucked out that he didn't get penalized on the hit. And what we did get out of the hit?

Carcillo off 2 minutes for charging.

Carcillo ejected and given a 10 game suspension for abuse of officials.

Stepan missing an undisclosed number of games because something is wrong with his face. (I could have told you that before the last game, just looking at the ugly bastard.)

Prust kicking Derek Dorsett's arse all the way from MSG to hell and back.

Seriously, that hit was very much worth the suspension. All we have to do is find someone to replace Prust in the lineup for a couple games. Gee. Since we have more forwards that we WANT to play than we actually CAN play...i'm sure this won't be an issue.

Very good point. It is a trade off we can live with. Bring Whitey in maybe he can take out krieder.

Why stop there? Why not have Cormac McCarthy sing the Anthem, and have Anton Chiguhr lace em up?

You compare Anton Chiguhr to Ryan White. I do believe sir that is a little overboard. I think you mean to address your remarks to someone else. Someone much more bloodthirsty than myself. :habslogo:

BTW I realy liked that movie but it was wierd.

You compare Anton Chiguhr to Ryan White. I do believe sir that is a little overboard. I think you mean to address your remarks to someone else. Someone much more bloodthirsty than myself. :habslogo:

BTW I realy liked that movie but it was wierd.

Hahaha

I've only read the book. There are too many points of view for a movie.

I just bought "Blood Meridien" today, he's one of the best writers in the last half century.

For those who were wondering if the Stepan surgery had an effect on the number of games:

For those who were wondering if the Stepan surgery had an effect on the number of games:

Just spoke with NHL's Stephane Quintal, says he originally had 1 game for hit b/c late (.9 seconds), but 2 games including injury. #MTL Julie Stewart-Binks (@JSB_FOX) May 23, 2014

At least he admits it. Transparency. I guess this explains the small fines for the stick in the bits n pieces. In ten years, Don Cherry is going to have a "Rock em Sock em-Nut Shots." Thirty minutes of strategic bag slashing with "Flight of the Bumblebees" in the background.

At least he admits it. Transparency. I guess this explains the small fines for the stick in the bits n pieces. In ten years, Don Cherry is going to have a "Rock em Sock em-Nut Shots." Thirty minutes of strategic bag slashing with "Flight of the Bumblebees" in the background.

Hahaha thank you......I literally laughed out loud

Meh. It's too bad to lose Prust after he delivered his most momentum-changing game of the playoffs, but as others have noted, Rags lose two players for the price of our one, which is really just fine by me. Throw Moen (likely) or White (unlikely) in there and move on.

I think two games is broadly consistent with the NHL's generally irresponsible approach to player discipline. Such disgusting plays will only be purged from the game when the suspensions are of crippling length, but this is a league where it's OK to plough into a star players with your skate blades and to come within a hair's breadth of killing young men by smashing their heads into metal stanchions, so there's little point in giving any of it much soulful thought. You may as well try to make sense of a whirling dervish.

Meh. It's too bad to lose Prust after he delivered his most momentum-changing game of the playoffs, but as others have noted, Rags lose two players for the price of our one, which is really just fine by me. Throw Moen (likely) or White (unlikely) in there and move on.

I think two games is broadly consistent with the NHL's generally irresponsible approach to player discipline. Such disgusting plays will only be purged from the game when the suspensions are of crippling length, but this is a league where it's OK to plough into a star players with your skate blades and to come within a hair's breadth of killing young men by smashing their heads into metal stanchions, so there's little point in giving any of it much soulful thought. You may as well try to make sense of a whirling dervish.

Whriling dervish`s make alot of sence CC, they whirl when in a spritual trance or to attain one. The NHL as you said... well maybe they need to listen to some Sabri Brothers while watching their review tapes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabri_brothers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufi_whirling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6vsAAUPUvA

If I watched that for 23 minutes I'd be in a trance.

hahaha I was debating those guys or the guy who did songs with singer of Pearl Jam... I guys I picked the right one :D