May 27th, Rangers @ Habs 8 PM

Thomas Vanek...? Leading scoring in regular season... Anyone?

The way I see it is that he's due to break out at some point...

That's so nice.. we cap the game on CBC with nothing on the win.

fv.ck CBC!!! I've never seen a network be so anti-Habs!

Tokarski makes a lot of saves and lets in a fair amount of goals, but they got it done!

Moore will certainly be suspended for 2-4 games, here comes Diaz! That's a big gain for Montreal.

The Rangers will be playing in their 20th game to Montreal's 17th. This game, imo, was the hardest to win.

I don't think the Rangers have any balls. With all the gray beards and bs, they're ripe for the picking. If Price is in this series, it might be over.

I can't see him getting more than two games, most likely 1. By NHL justice standards, he was already penalized in the game (unlike prust), and no one got injured.

it was interference, but Nash should have also been called

The hit looked pretty mutual to me too for in front of the net stuff.

big win by montreal and grapes spends more time on canada has talent?? I hate the friggin CBC!!!

Was Briere benchef for the second half of the game? I didn't see him after that goal.

MT benches brieer?? What about Pleks tonight??? Gorges???

The way I see it is that he's due to break out at some point...

fv.ck CBC!!! I've never seen a network be so anti-Habs!

He did pick up an asset. DD scored, Pleks scored, Maxpac, Bourque got three. A lot of the silent guys got going. Next game if we can get Vanek and Briere going, we are in good shape!

WE HAVE THEIR NUMBER AND THAT NUMBER IS 2. We win fork you kiss my royal canadian a$$. What a forking ride up 3 /tied/ up 3. Vigneault loses mind, rags all forked up frustrated and pissed off. I FORKING LOVE IT.

:habslogo:Ladies and Gentlemen,

Why such negativity?? We chased Lunquist, won going away and could have had more. A great game by Toskarski. The Rangers partially lost their minds and will be lucky if they do not have 2 players suspended...and by the way that call on Eller was complete horse...pucks.

Cheer up.. we are going to game 6. And for those worried abt chi or LA, or a winning streak of three...it really is one game at a time. I am only thinking about game six and for that game

I want a repeat of this game with the exception of the stretch of play that began when Gorges scored an own goal and ended after the Rangers tied it. :gohabsgo:

Why such negativity?? We chased Lunquist, won going away and could have had more. A great game by Toskarski. The Rangers partially lost their minds and will be lucky if they do not have 2 players suspended...and by the way that call on Eller was complete horse...pucks.

Cheer up.. we are going to game 6. And for those worried abt chi or LA, or a winning streak of three...it really is one game at a time. I am only thinking about game six and for that game

I want a repeat of this game with the exception of the stretch of play that began when Gorges scored an own goal and ended after the Rangers tied it. :gohabsgo:

the negativity, is that with the lead we had, there was no reason for my blood pressure to be as high as it was this game.

The kids were great tonight, but the veterans, the leaders, they can't play like they did and take stupid penalties like we did when the game goes back to New York.

And dat be dat alright.

We DID chase the king and we DID score 7 on the rags... that's a lot.

So.. we fell asleep for a few minutes of stupid play... we're human.

And who was calling Bourky for 3???

I'm even calling him Bourky! I never do that!

We have a very , very good shot at taking it to them in game 6

Moore has to get 2...the hit is identical to the Prust hit....they'd look like asshats to not give him the same suspension. Dorsett has to get a game also.

Ya know, I seldom complain about reffing, but I thought they did an absolutely bungus job in the third. The 5 minutes for the hit was unquestionably appropriate (and did the Habs really have to muck that up so abysmally?), but the zebras (monkeys?) nonetheless felt obliged to "make up for it" with that marginal Eller call; and while the Bouillon penalty was correct, they then somehow managed to give the Habs an extra two coming out of a scrum...it just reeked of "scoreboard" refereeing where they're out to engineer a "close game" regardless of what the hell is actually transpiring. Amateur-hour garbage.

Of course that hit should be a suspension, it was a blindside head shot. But the NHL's disciplinary system is totally random, so who knows. Much depends on whether Moore is known to be a "good guy," because this is priority #1, not actually applying the rule of law. Also Weise came back into the game (despite probably having a concussion - but who cares, right?). So by the NHL's Bizarro-world logic they'll probably award Moore a special citation for bravery and a free car.

I had to listen to the second period by radio so it was hard to judge, but from what I saw the Habs were MUCH the better team tonight. It's just frustrating that our D keeps making those "little" mistakes (like Markov's bungled clearing attempt during the 5-on-3, was it?) that end up costing ya. And of course we're leaning on a rookie who showed it tonight.

Nevertheless, NYR face their own little must-win in Game Six. I guarantee you they want no part of the Bell Centre for Game 7. It's good to be here!!

Moore has to get 2...the hit is identical to the Prust hit....they'd look like asshats to not give him the same suspension. Dorsett has to get a game also.

Quintal said, that he gave an extra game to Prust, because of the injury to Stepan. Usually, if a guy was penalized in the game, they also take that into consideration. I don't agree with that twisted logic, but that is the way the NHL operates.

Ya know, I seldom complain about reffing, but I thought they did an absolutely bungus job in the third. The 5 minutes for the hit was unquestionably appropriate (and did the Habs really have to muck that up so abysmally?), but they nonetheless felt obliged to "make up for it" with that marginal Eller call, and while the Bouillon call was correct, they then somehow managed to give the Habs an extra two coming out of a scrum...it just reeked of "scoreboard" refereeing where they're out to engineer a "close game" regardless of what the hell is actually transpiring. Amateur-hour garbage.

Of course that hit should be a suspension, it was a blindside head shot. But the NHL's disciplinary system is totally random, so who knows. Much depends on whether Moore is known to be a "good guy," because this is priority #1, not actually applying the rule of law. Also Weise came back into the game (despite probably having a concussion - but who cares, right?), so by the NHL's Bizarro-world logic they'll probably award Moore a special citation for bravery and a free car.

I had to listen to the second period by radio so it was hard to judge, but from what I saw the Habs were much the better team tonight. It's just frustrating that our D keeps making those "little" mistakes (like Markov's bungled clearing attempt during the 5-on-3, was it?) that end up costing ya. And of course we're leaning on a rookie who showed it tonight.

Dominic Moore is a good guy. John Moore is a punk - just like Dorsett.

Agreed, the hit was almost a Prust repeat. Should be 2. Weise went off and looked pretty wobbly too. The fact that he was injured might factor in.

I'm glad we managed to win this not just 5-4, but 7-4. The fact that we climbed back to a 3 goal lead is important for the team's confidence I think. It was a shaky game, but at least they can say "hey, we scored 7 goals." At least the offense was flowing. Hopefully they bring the same energy that the first 30 minutes had, and not how the final 30 felt.

Bourque's going to get a look too from Quintal and company, he got 5 and 10 at the 20 minute mark of the 3rd. That major penalty will likely trigger at least a review.

Also, I wouldn't expect Moore to get more than one. He got tossed, Prust didn't. That will likely come into play.

Ya know, I seldom complain about reffing, but I thought they did an absolutely bungus job in the third. The 5 minutes for the hit was unquestionably appropriate (and did the Habs really have to muck that up so abysmally?), but the zebras (monkeys?) nonetheless felt obliged to "make up for it" with that marginal Eller call; and while the Bouillon penalty was correct, they then somehow managed to give the Habs an extra two coming out of a scrum...it just reeked of "scoreboard" refereeing where they're out to engineer a "close game" regardless of what the hell is actually transpiring. Amateur-hour garbage.

Of course that hit should be a suspension, it was a blindside head shot. But the NHL's disciplinary system is totally random, so who knows. Much depends on whether Moore is known to be a "good guy," because this is priority #1, not actually applying the rule of law. Also Weise came back into the game (despite probably having a concussion - but who cares, right?). So by the NHL's Bizarro-world logic they'll probably award Moore a special citation for bravery and a free car.

I had to listen to the second period by radio so it was hard to judge, but from what I saw the Habs were MUCH the better team tonight. It's just frustrating that our D keeps making those "little" mistakes (like Markov's bungled clearing attempt during the 5-on-3, was it?) that end up costing ya. And of course we're leaning on a rookie who showed it tonight.

Nevertheless, NYR face their own little must-win in Game Six. I guarantee you they want no part of the Bell Centre for Game 7. It's good to be here!!

Good to be here indeed. Game 6 should be nuts... and can you imagine a game 7... !!!! :nuts:

Agreed, the hit was almost a Prust repeat. Should be 2. Weise went off and looked pretty wobbly too. The fact that he was injured might factor in.

I'm glad we managed to win this not just 5-4, but 7-4. The fact that we climbed back to a 3 goal lead is important for the team's confidence I think. It was a shaky game, but at least they can say "hey, we scored 7 goals." At least the offense was flowing. Hopefully they bring the same energy that the first 30 minutes had, and not how the final 30 felt.

I'm with you on that. It was a bouncy ball of a game.. but by golly we won it... with better goaltending to boot.

Stoparski has carried us at times. He's been freekin' wonderful.

Ya Babeee!

Nice review B... .....Alex!

The surprise of our post season play is our goaltending.

I did not expect this and had my hopes on Budaj.

Big surprise and a great call by MT

Awesome win.

Anyone know what happened about the water bottle spraying. Something about a Ranger, kids, and a water bottle spraying. On tv they said the league would probably look at that too.

i missed the start of the game (I know, I suck). But what happened exactly?

Awesome win.

Anyone know what happened about the water bottle spraying. Something about a Ranger, kids, and a water bottle spraying. On tv they said the league would probably look at that too.

i missed the start of the game (I know, I suck). But what happened exactly?

This gfycat.com/GrayWelltodoGrasshopper#

What a game! I was so excited, I could hardly sleep. Everybody talks about Bourque's play, but what about Weise and Eller? That line was really impressive. Fast and tough. Weise, in particular, surprised a lot of people with his hockey sense and his excellent playmaking. Eller was very good on face-offs and he was a competent centre for his linemates. The more I see him, the more I like him. With DD showing us that he can elevate his play, Galchenyuk who definitely has the tools to become a top notch centreman, our future looks better than I thought at that position.