May 27th, Rangers @ Habs 8 PM

Glad to see that I am not the only one to see that Plekanec has to go. Another one I would trade in the blink of an eye is Gorges. Don't know if he is tradable though, considering his contract.

I would like management to make space for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn next season. One of them would be a 7th defensemen, but I don't care. We have to get younger, bigger and faster on defense.

Gorges is not lightening fast, but he is way faster than emelin, markov, and weaver. So you guys want to remove speed from the defense and remove our best defensensive forwards. I would be looking at a trade for a number three right handed defenseman. Very hard to find, but that is high on the teams needs. DD is at a high in value. I would trade him before Plek. Dd and gorges for a bieksa type and a Higgins type.

Another one I would trade in the blink of an eye is Gorges. Don't know if he is tradable though, considering his contract.

I would like management to make space for Tinordi, Beaulieu and Pateryn next season. One of them would be a 7th defensemen, but I don't care. We have to get younger, bigger and faster on defense.

AGREE. Gorges doesn't do anything particularily well, and is soft as they come. I hope Bergevin looks west for a pysical stay-at-home Dman who can skate (they seem to have so many out there...it's unreal).

Glad to see that I am not the only one to see that Plekanec has to go. Another one I would trade in the blink of an eye is Gorges. Don't know if he is tradable though, considering his contract.

Yes, this team will never get anywhere with Plekanec and the d-core they have now. :tumbleweed:

I m surprised to see so many say that they'd like to see Gorges go! I don't think it would be a good idea to let him go. True that he doesn't do anything exceptionally well, but he does do a bunch of things properly. Also, with the additions of Tinordi and maybe Beaulieu next year, I don't think it would be wise to get rid of one of our best stay at home d-men!

lol. Sarcasm I assume

Sorry yes.

6 wins from a Cup just seems odd time to start dismantling team no?

Odds likely low that they get to semi-finals again next year, so might want to simply enjoy/cheer on this roster, who seem worthy and have won 3 elimination games already.

If off-season happens to start tomorrow night, I am sure all will chime in on 2014-15 wish-list roster moves.

That's all.

AGREE. Gorges doesn't do anything particularily well, and is soft as they come. I hope Bergevin looks west for a pysical stay-at-home Dman who can skate (they seem to have so many out there...it's unreal).

Isn't Gorges #3 in the NHL in blocking shots?

T-5th during the regular season (despite missing 16 games), 11th in the playoffs.

Thanks Brian. I kinda like the guy.

Gorges is not lightening fast, but he is way faster than emelin, markov, and weaver. So you guys want to remove speed from the defense and remove our best defensensive forwards. I would be looking at a trade for a number three right handed defenseman. Very hard to find, but that is high on the teams needs. DD is at a high in value. I would trade him before Plek. Dd and gorges for a bieksa type and a Higgins type.

Gorges can't clear the zone under pressure. He clears it by the board instead of making a good pass way too often. He is courageous and blocks a lot of shots, but it's also a clear evidence that the puck is in our zone most often when he is on the ice. We should trade him, but I doubt that we would find a buyer.

It's not because we are close to the Stanley Cup Final that our team his perfect. I believe that our defensive corps needs to be improve. I see weaknesses. We are getting old and slow. We also lack size, mobility and toughness. Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn will fill in nicely next season provided we give them a chance. We sure will need some veterans, but if we keep Subban, Markov, Emelin and Weaver (because he is a righty), there won't be enough space in the line-up for the three of them.

To summarize, I think that Bouillon and Murray will go. If we resign Markov, Gorges should move. If not, he should stay.

JC, I agree with your assessment of the D core moving forward, but we have young guys that will blend in just fine next season, and we have flexibility in terms of signed/signing players to improve/change the core for next year, but that's not now....

There are a lot of things Gorges does well, and one of them is he would break his back for the team, a great team mate. Yes I agree that he hardly ever makes a great pass, uses the boards to clear almost always, and always shoots the puck wide in the offensive zone, but a team needs a penalty killer like him, a shot blocker like him, and a leader in the room like him.

Keep Weaver instead of a life long Hab to help bring along the young guys?

Sheesh, whatcha smokin'?

Malcontents, over analyzers, Therrien haters, Bergevin doubters, Jesus Murphy, at one point this season some of you were suggesting trading Price...

I for one, will just enjoy this year's version of the Canadiens, they have done well, and shown great character in their success so far, MT has done a great job, and so has every guy that has laced them up.....

And it ain't over yet!

Go Habs Go tonight, bring us a game 7 at home!

JC, I agree with your assessment of the D core moving forward, but we have young guys that will blend in just fine next season, and we have flexibility in terms of signed/signing players to improve/change the core for next year, but that's not now....

There are a lot of things Gorges does well, and one of them is he would break his back for the team, a great team mate. Yes I agree that he hardly ever makes a great pass, uses the boards to clear almost always, and always shoots the puck wide in the offensive zone, but a team needs a penalty killer like him, a shot blocker like him, and a leader in the room like him.

Sheesh, whatcha smokin'?

Malcontents, over analyzers, Therrien haters, Bergevin doubters, Jesus Murphy, at one point this season some of you were suggesting trading Price...

I for one, will just enjoy this year's version of the Canadiens, they have done well, and shown great character in their success so far, MT has done a great job, and so has every guy that has laced them up.....

And it ain't over yet!

Well said. I know I sound negative, but the objective is to improve the team. I believe that it relies too much on Carey Price. Tokarski does a fine job, but we can see the difference when Price is not in the net. A lot more dangerous rebounds, more confusion low in the zone due to the fact that he is not there to help the defensemen with the puck. Little things that we don't see, I guess, but there is a difference.

As for the current team, I like it too and hope it will win the Cup. And you're right, Gorges is the absolute teammate. But so was Hal Gill, if you remember, and we had to let him go.

The fact is that Therrien made almost no space for some fresh blood in the line-up this season. Bournival made the cut and it's about it. I question the fact that Beaulieu is good enough to play in the Series, while he could not make it during the season. I recon that there might be cap considerations at play, but let's concede that we're not making it easy for the youngster. Same thing with Chucky, I don't like the fact that he was not given more ice time at centre. It's not like he was playing behind Malkin and Crosby...

If you look at the way other dominant teams operate, you will see that they break in quite a few young players each year. There is no reason not to rejuvenate the line-up. It is just the sensible thing to do. I hope it will change next season.

Wow, hard to read these complaints with our lineup after watching these playoffs. Gorges has been everything he is suppose to be, a shot blocking fool who throws his body at shooters with abandon. Plexs was stellar in the Boston round on face offs.

Here is the good news. It doesn't matter who wears the tri-colour. It comes down to which ghosts show up to possess the skaters. We have witnessed George Vezina coming in to play nets time and time again this year and I haven't seen his spirit since Roy used to turn and talked to him. (What, you really think he was talking to his posts?) How many post saves and poke checks did Georgie make vs Boston? We witnessed Rocket Richard scoring a hat trick last game while possessing the body or Bourque of all people.

Gorges will be fine, as soon as he closes his mind and lets Doug Harvey take over.

BELIEVE!

What are the Rags going to do when our line of Morenz, Juliet and Richard take over tonight?

GO HABS GO

2 wins from the finals! Not bad for a team rated 8th at best and first round fodder.

Guest Stogey24

Wow, hard to read these complaints with our lineup after watching these playoffs. Gorges has been everything he is suppose to be, a shot blocking fool who throws his body at shooters with abandon. Plexs was stellar in the Boston round on face offs.

Here is the good news. It doesn't matter who wears the tri-colour. It comes down to which ghosts show up to possess the skaters. We have witnessed George Vezina coming in to play nets time and time again this year and I haven't seen his spirit since Roy used to turn and talked to him. (What, you really think he was talking to his posts?) How many post saves and poke checks did Georgie make vs Boston? We witnessed Rocket Richard scoring a hat trick last game while possessing the body or Bourque of all people.

Gorges will be fine, as soon as he closes his mind and lets Doug Harvey take over.

BELIEVE!

What are the Rags going to do when our line of Morenz, Juliet and Richard take over tonight?

GO HABS GO

2 wins from the finals! Not bad for a team rated 8th at best and first round fodder.

Gorges is gorges and always will be. He gets munched atleast once every shift. Plek was only above 50% in two of the Boston games on the draw.

No clue what your talking about.

Gorges is gorges and always will be. Plek was only above 50% in two of the Boston games on the draw.

I tend to agree with the last statement, but a fan has his reasons... It's O.K. with me. We all share the love for the team. We just see it differently, and there I no problem with that. Different strokes for different folks.

Guest Stogey24

I'm not sure how there can even be talks about Gorges being captain. He's not a high enough calibre player to where the C on the canadiens. Its like Ferrence being named captain of the Oilers. I think Markov signs a 2 year deal and finishes his career wearing the C. Not exactly the way I'd go, but I think it makes sense.

BELIEVE!

GO HABS GO

Interesting take, I like it!

Hope they channel something today, get a lead and keep pressure on em till the end.

:1gohabs:

Sheesh, whatcha smokin'?

And it ain't over yet!

Cheers!

Personally, I am amazed people are crapping on Gorges. The guy has been an absolute warrior for his entire time with us, and never moreso than in these playoffs. He is a gigantic part of the PK that neutralized the Rags in the third yesterday and exemplifies leadership on every single shift. The idea that he is "untradable" because of his contract is sheer comedy. Any team not completely stacked on D would love to have him as their #5 d-man.

The real issue with this D-corps is that we need another bona-fide top-4 defenceman. That isn't Gorges' fault. (Actually, it's Bob Gainey's fault for trading McDonagh :nuts: But I supported the trade, so what do I know).

And if we were to trade Pleks AND Gorges it would be an absolute defensive cataclysm for this team.

As for Pleks, I can see the argument for moving him, but please let's not kid ourselves that such a move doesn't carry significant risks. He is an extremely important part of the core of this team and I really think a bandwagon has formed based on his struggles of late (which, as Brian has pointed out, are almost certainly a result of having played 102 games so far, and on a compressed schedule to boot). Habs29 at least has been consistent about replacing Pleks with Eller for a long time now, but others are jumping on board because Pleks' last 10 games have been so-so. That's no way to make fundamental decisions about your core. If you move Pleks, you are staking the future of the franchise on Lars Eller. Maybe it'll work, but if I'd proposed this 20 games ago, everyone except Habs29 would have freaked out.

BELIEVE!

GO HABS GO

I hear all of the extoplasmic fans applauding wildly! :halm::hyper::clap:

Personally, I am amazed people are crapping on Gorges. The guy has been an absolute warrior for his entire time with us, and never moreso than in these playoffs. He is a gigantic part of the PK that neutralized the Rags in the third yesterday and exemplifies leadership on every single shift. The idea that he is "untradable" because of his contract is sheer comedy. Any team not completely stacked on D would love to have him as their #5 d-man.

The real issue with this D-corps is that we need another bona-fide top-4 defenceman. That isn't Gorges' fault. (Actually, it's Bob Gainey's fault for trading McDonagh :nuts: But I supported the trade, so what do I know).

And if we were to trade Pleks AND Gorges it would be an absolute defensive cataclysm for this team.

As for Pleks, I can see the argument for moving him, but please let's not kid ourselves that such a move doesn't carry significant risks. He is an extremely important part of the core of this team and I really think a bandwagon has formed based on his struggles of late (which, as Brian has pointed out, are almost certainly a result of having played 102 games so far, and on a compressed schedule to boot). Habs29 at least has been consistent about replacing Pleks with Eller for a long time now, but others are jumping on board because Pleks' last 10 games have been so-so. That's no way to make fundamental decisions about your core. If you move Pleks, you are staking the future of the franchise on Lars Eller. Maybe it'll work, but if I'd proposed this 20 games ago, everyone except Habs29 would have freaked out.

I don't mean to single you out and make you a target for abuse and laughter, but I agree with you completely. How much flesh do our heroes have to leave behind on the ice before we appreciate them as players , if not as persons? Pleks is a marvelous...simply marvelous hockey player and hearts like Gorges' are very hard to replace.

May the Ghosts who know them well lend them their legs.