Subban files for arbitration

hab29RETIRED

also this just in PK was quoted as follows "There's mutual respect from both sides in this. It's been great - I'm happy with the communication...both sides are working hard to get things done."

Can we all just calm down now?

also this just in PK was quoted as follows "There's mutual respect from both sides in this. It's been great - I'm happy with the communication...both sides are working hard to get things done."

Can we all just calm down now?

I heard the same quote on tsn 690. I must admit that it does help calm the nerves down. P.K. seems to be comfortable with this whole process, so looks like this are progressing in the right direction and M.B. and Meehan will get a deal done before tomorrow!

Mr. 29.

Who did Weber sign with, did he make it to be a UFA? Nyet, so you gots to keep lookin for a bad example.

Weber also signed to a sane contract for a top 5 d-man, so I say you are still worrying bout nothing.

Weber signed an ridulous front-loaded offer sheet that Nashville was forced to match as a UFA. He wanted out of Nashville. He was VERY unhappy when nashville matched philly's offer sheet.

Weber signed an ridulous front-loaded offer sheet that Nashville was forced to match as a UFA. He wanted out of Nashville. He was VERY unhappy when nashville matched philly's offer sheet.

So unhappy he's... still there. The team was atrocious last season and he never asked for a trade. Funny that.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I know I would be real pissed off at a team that gave 110 million dollars. The nerve of the bustards. His wanting out has sure affected his play eh?

Could give a rats ass if Subban signed a front of back loaded deal, who cares, what diff does that make? Are you sure weber wasnt just 'unhappy' and not 'very unhappy' as he seems to be giving a good effort and playing well on a crap team, unlike a Jagr or Heatley who coasted till got traded.

Is it safe to say arbitration yet?

Nope. Every year a few get settled in the waning minutes leading up to 9 AM. They're often talked about as napkin deals, ones that get done by scribbling numbers on a napkin and passing it across the table back and forth while they're having coffee before the hearing. Until both parties are physically in the room past 9 AM tomorrow, it's not safe to say it's going to go through arbitration.

Nope. Every year a few get settled in the waning minutes leading up to 9 AM. They're often talked about as napkin deals, ones that get done by scribbling numbers on a napkin and passing it across the table back and forth while they're having coffee before the hearing. Until both parties are physically in the room past 9 AM tomorrow, it's not safe to say it's going to go through arbitration.

I certainly hope they are not knocking off for the night. They better get in a room and hammer out a deal. dammit. I don't care if it takes all night.

I certainly hope they are not knocking off for the night. They better get in a room and hammer out a deal. dammit. I don't care if it takes all night.

They're not going to lock themselves in a room here. It's not like the CBA where there are a multitude of topics to give and take on; there are only a handful of scenarios (short-term, medium-term, long-term) with the money dynamics associated with each one - the longer the term, the more uncertainty with regards to revenue (salary cap) projections. One side will make an offer, the other will counter; they don't need to be in the same room necessarily for that.

They're not going to lock themselves in a room here. It's not like the CBA where there are a multitude of topics to give and take on; there are only a handful of scenarios (short-term, medium-term, long-term) with the money dynamics associated with each one - the longer the term, the more uncertainty with regards to revenue (salary cap) projections. One side will make an offer, the other will counter; they don't need to be in the same room necessarily for that.

Brian I am not always serious. I sometimes try to add a little humour to the deal. But maybe your idea of locking them in a room is a good idea. GET IT DONE.

So if go to arbitration and awarded 1 year deal

Would than an in-season 'new-mega deal' contract likely be signed, or more likely go through same process next summer?

I don't think they can negotiate till after January, or some such nonsense. Brian probably knows better. God PK loves the spotlight.

A new deal can be signed on January 1 if Subban gets one year this go-round. Theoretically, though they're not supposed to negotiate until then, they could be talking before that quietly.