2015 NHL Draft thread

Commandant

So it's day 1 at this years Draft, do we hear :

"..with the 26th pick, the Montreal Canadiens select ______ "

" There's been a blockbuster trade between the Montreal Canadiens and ________ "

" The Montreal Canadiens have traded the #26 pick to the ___________ to move up/back to the # __ spot in the draft "

It's only one week away boys, time to put those thinking caps on

RW Brock Boeser (if pick at 26)

no major trade at draft

Trade 26th &131st to Sabres for 31st (C/RW Jack Roslovic & 43rd ( D Mitchell Vande Sompel).

not trade up, too short of picks (would need a 2nd or two)

So it's day 1 at this years Draft, do we hear :

"We'd like to thank Florida for their hospitality and congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup." Assuming the Habs keep a pick in the first round, that's what we'll be hearing for sure.

Here's what I propose:

Keep #26 and select Sprong (I know he's an idiot, but we supposedly have a great room and i'm assuming the leaders will set him straight)

Trade Emelin to Carolina for their #35..that'll suit both teams just fine as Car is desperate for D help and it'll free up 4 mil for the other big move..which I have no idea yet :ph34r:

Guest Stogey24

Sprong = Ho Sang. Personally I'd risk it though. Watched a bunch of highlights, the kids unreal with the puck

Yes most likely favour drafting a skilled forward, me as well; but since have zero d-men in CHL/Europe/USHL can also use a d-man. So once again the ol lame 'Best Player Available' is likely smartest route as always.

Sprong = Ho Sang. Personally I'd risk it though. Watched a bunch of highlights, the kids unreal with the puck

I wasn't overly impressed with Sprong's highlight reel, I'm not sure his game would translate that well to the NHL level. I liked what I saw out of Jake DeBrusk more.

Not that we're going to get him but speaking of unreal with the puck, how about Mitch Marner, Patty Kane 2.0.

"We'd like to thank Florida for their hospitality and congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks on winning the Stanley Cup." Assuming the Habs keep a pick in the first round, that's what we'll be hearing for sure.

You have hit the nail on the head again Brian, well done. :)

Don't forget the French bit with scattered boo's from the American crowd (other languages scare them I guess?)

Will Bergevin try and add a 2nd round pick before/on the 26th?

Will Bergevin try and add a 2nd round pick before/on the 26th?

I'm hoping so. I don't see there being a big gap between picks in the late twenties and mid thirties. Two of the latter trump one of the former this year I think unless someone starts to slide from the top-20.

I think Samsonov/Blackwood wont go till 2nd round (early 2nd like Fucale, might be pick 31-Oil or 33-Sabres)

Just a feeling, but somebody maybe with multiple picks will select a goalie first round.

We just did our mock draft for the site last night (to be posted next week) and there is a goalie going in the first round.

We have a trade to announce. The Montreal Canadians trade #26, D Jarred Tinordi, D Alexei Emelin, and a 2016 1st round pick to the Colorado Avalanche for the #10.

With the 10th pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, the Montreal Canadians select Mikko Rantanen, Forward, TPS Turku.

** wakes up from dream and cries **

If they don't trade up, I guess they pick Dergachev

I want the Habs to trade their first rounder for a second and a third, maybe two seconds, just to make sure they get this guy.

Yeah he sounds interesting. Plenty tall enough, needs some time in the weight room with PK.

I want the Habs to trade their first rounder for a second and a third, maybe two seconds, just to make sure they get this guy.

When we were kicking around ideas for 87 for our mock draft, his name came up. We both agreed he's likely gone by then though so they either have to trade up from the third (which will be hard since they don't have a fourth) or as you said, find a way to add picks earlier. I don't see him going in the second but given his size, someone should take a crack early in the third.

good to hear don't have to add NHL network simply for draft.

Now it appears they may have had a change of heart. Day 2 of the draft was on Sportsnet One's schedule until a few days ago until it disappeared. If that's the case, it may be back on the NHL Network.

Hmmm, TSN got the boot I guess and SN gets 1st round seems, NHLnetwork day 2. (or TVA sports also I think has coverage, but either will cost me same $4 or 5 one month)

Would Jeremy Roy be a good option at 26?

Will Kylington fall to 26, unlikely I assume? Supposed to be a super skating offensive d-man.