2015 NHL Draft thread

Commandant

The kane comparable really only comes from three things.

1. He's an extremely talented playmaker.

2. Both players are considered small, with Kane still being quite a bit bigger.

3. Bracco beat Kane's all time assist record, which forged a lasting link between the two. If it was any other small playmaker Bracco beat (say a guy like Tyler Ennis), it would be him who the comparison is drawn to.

Bracco more a 2nd rounder they say in 40s-50s. Maybe size is hang up like Jets pick Petan?

this is some video on him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUhmZqQvYJI

Most of picks in Hab range have 'shift by shift' video of one game's play; here is, I guess my leading candidate for 26, Brock Boeser

(some video not HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V_LBwbFL2o

Would Jeremy Roy be a good option at 26?

Will Kylington fall to 26, unlikely I assume? Supposed to be a super skating offensive d-man.

Because he's a bit on the small side for a d-man, I can see him slipping to the early 2nd round. He wouldn't be a bad pick at 26 though.

Kylington could realistically go anywhere between around 20 and 45. Some teams love him, others dropped him after a so-so year, and a couple have him as a DND (do not draft) player.

Jeremy Bracco @ #26 anyone? He's supposedly the next Patrick Kane...

He has first round talent but he's small with attitude concerns. That should drop him to the second round unless a team really wants to take a home run swing.

Ahh yes I forgot Bracco had attitude warning also.

Kylington struggled vs Canada in one game I saw broke down.

Domi, McDavid made him look bad (but 2 kinda skilled forwards), pushed off puck and he had several costly plays.

But when he took puck in open ice or backchecking, jumping into rush, the kid can really skate.

Roy seemed like pretty slick player with puck, especially compared to a Carlo.

Roy seemed like pretty slick player with puck, especially compared to a Carlo.

Most players would seem slick with the puck compared to Carlo whose draft slot will largely be determined by his height.

Yes, I surely hope he isn't called at 26, in 2nd round would be fine, but a lot more skilled kids to pick before he.

But, 6'5" d-man instantly gets some GMs attention, starts some fans drooling and hope Leafs take him at 24.

Unless you had him taken earlier, cant see passing on Boeser.

Just avoid Bittner/Carlo/Greenway or any defensive d-man and I am OK with 20 or more different options that likely will be available.

I guess will submit a draft, mine really sucked last year, so odds are will do better this year.

So who are we hoping for, best case but also realistic scenario? I remember last year a lot of people were saying that sherbak was definitely going to be gone by the time MTL had their pick. I think I'd be pretty happy with any of DeBrusk, Harkins, or Chabot.

So who are we hoping for, best case but also realistic scenario? I remember last year a lot of people were saying that sherbak was definitely going to be gone by the time MTL had their pick. I think I'd be pretty happy with any of DeBrusk, Harkins, or Chabot.

Of those, I like Chabot (who apparently will meet with the Habs tomorrow). I'm not a big fan of the two forwards. Both seem like adequate second or very good third liners in the future to me. If they go with a forward, I want more top six offensive upside ideally.

Brock Boeser seems to be someone who might be around when Montreal picks which is something I didn't expect a few weeks ago when picking the list of players to write about. Denis Guryanov is a home run swing type of pick which should interest some. Both of those project as top six wingers.

Realistically seems are a few good options late 1st early to 2nd round:

Sprong, Debrusk, Larsson, Kylington, Juulsen, Boeser, J. Roy, Beauvillier, Jack Roslovic, Chabot, Ek, Gurianov, Samsonov, Harkins, Bittner.

Dosent seem like Svechnikov can fall all the way to 26, some team with a 2nd first round pick (Oilers, Leafs, Jets, Buffalo) would pick him off at latest. But he seems like a Scherbak-type skilled winger.

Boeser, Beauvillier, Roy seem very popular guesses (of course French kids always seem popular target for Montreal to choose), my wildass guess is Kylington.

Sprong seems skilled kid, also seems terribly soft floater in little bit I saw of him; but top six or bust kid.

Same as Gurianov, big skilled Russian, but signed in KHL already and may be a Grigorenko II, but also could be Nichushkin-type power forward. Seems a risky option.

Kylington also another super skating swede d-man, but falling in rankings and has ?? about what he will likely become.