2014 HW Fantasy Football

dlbalr

tumblr_n6ec5pcHlx1rvn2ylo1_500.png

The NFL season is just a month away now which means it's time for our annual football pool. For the 12th straight year, we'll be running it through Yahoo (Year 1 on the league was on CBS). Returning GM's, please check your e-mails (whichever one you have in Yahoo's system) and accept the invitation to return from there. If you weren't and would like to play (we do have some openings for newcomers), please post a note here and indicate what e-mail to send the invite to (the ID/password deal from years past I don't believe works anymore).

I'll have to wait until August 20ish to see if I can make it.

But I'll join if there is still room for one more team.

I want to get back to following NFL football more than I've been in the past few years and that would be an ideal solution.

I want to get back to following NFL football more than I've been in the past few years and that would be an ideal solution.

We have 8/12 teams filled thus far with one guaranteed open spot for a newcomer. (There's 3 teams that haven't returned yet and I suspect one of those won't so there may very well be another spot at some point.) It's a pretty easy-going pool, a good one for someone who hasn't followed the NFL too closely.

Any spots still left? I'm not really a fan of leagues with playoffs or team defenses, but I just quit the league I've been in for 10+ years and I'm not ready to give up fantasy football altogether quite yet.

We're still waiting for a couple of returning teams from last year to decide if they're coming back or not. That said, I suspect we'll have a spot open. I'll be sending out the second round of reminders for those returning teams probably today, hopefully I'll hear back quickly.

I know it's not the 20th yet but any update on the work schedule? You can also pre-rank your players in advance even if you have to work on draft night.

I know it's not the 20th yet but any update on the work schedule? You can also pre-rank your players in advance even if you have to work on draft night.

I'll join. Maybe even the live draft. If not, I'll pre rank like you propose.