help me with my pool

byebyegomez

Hello all,

I was the expansion team in a keeper pool two seasons ago so I started with no stars. We keep 5 players and the only stat that is kept is points. I am having difficulty deciding my final keeper. I have Mackinnon, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Skinner, Neal and Yakupov. I am definitely keeping Mackinnon, Drouin and Galchenyuk. I need to keep two of Skinner, Neal and Yakupov. Skinner is young and has been solid so far in his career. Neal is a scoring machine but is injury prone and now plays with Nashville. Yakupov has a huge upside but hasn't impressed so far in his career and is coming off the devastating sophomore slump. Any advice on who I should keep and who I should drop? Any help would be appreciated.

I'd keep Neal and get rid of Yakupov. Yes, he's now in Nashville but he'll be a front liner there and for this season at least, he could be reunited with Ribeiro who was his linemate in Dallas. He won't be a point a game player with the Preds but 60 points isn't unrealistic and at 27, he has several good years left in him. Yakupov should reach that plateau one day but that could this year or three years from now. Neal's money in the bank compared to Yakupov and given that you have a couple of wildcards in Drouin/Galchenyuk (as to their production this year), some certainty from your keepers is a good thing.