Tokarski, Moen on trading block?

ICEWATER77

Guest Stogey24

I may be mistaken but I think we'll see the end result of who gets waived tomorrow. Teams have to be at a max of 23 players and cap-compliant by Tuesday at 5 PM EST so whichever (if either) of the goalies is to be sent down, they'll need to be waived Monday afternoon to be off the roster by Tuesday's deadline.

Who do you think?

totally expect Moen gone next. no other reason I can think of for de la Rose not headed to Hamilton with Thomas.

totally expect Moen gone next. no other reason I can think of for de la Rose not headed to Hamilton with Thomas.

One reason might be that they announced Thomas' cut about 5 seconds after the game ended. The coaches hadn't had time to sit down and discuss how the prospects in yesterday's game fared.

I figured Thomas was around still in case a regular got injured, but that he is now the 1st injury call-up.

why Winnipeg of course. :rofl:

Let me rephrase - who trades anything of value for one? It's not as if Tangradi is any sort of an asset here. The Habs gave Holland away to get them to take Budaj and had to take a buried one-way contract to boot.

Let me rephrase - who trades anything of value for one? It's not as if Tangradi is any sort of an asset here. The Habs gave Holland away to get them to take Budaj and had to take a buried one-way contract to boot.

This was a good deal. Do you think Holland had any future with the Habs? Would you rather Budaj get taken in waivers for nothing? Budaj has some value, the Habs got a big body to call up from Hamilton when they face the B's.

This was a good deal. Do you think Holland had any future with the Habs? Would you rather Budaj get taken in waivers for nothing? Budaj has some value, the Habs got a big body to call up from Hamilton when they face the B's.

I'm not necessarily saying it's not a good deal, it accomplished the objective of saving cap space. But let's not delude ourselves into thinking that they acquired much of anything of value. They dealt Budaj and Holland for the second coming of Mike Blunden. He's not a fighter that's going to help against teams like Boston. Tangradi likely wasn't someone the Habs wanted but were forced to take to offset some of Budaj's money in lieu of the Habs retaining salary.

As for thinking Holland had a future with the Habs, this is what I mentioned about him in the trade thread:

Holland's no big loss. He took several big steps backwards last year in his development; he likely wasn't in the plans moving forward.

As for the question as to whether it would have been better having him taken off waivers? Maybe, Holland probably has more value than Tangradi at this time. If I'm a team acquiring a minor leaguer, I'd rather have the one making $67,500 instead of one making $675,000, especially if neither are going to have any sort of meaningful impact in the NHL this year.

They needed to clear the logjam in goal and they accomplished that without taking any additional hit to the cap. That's all.

The Habs gave Holland away to get them to take Budaj and had to take a buried one-way contract to boot.

That's the facts, and I'm good with that... Tangradi won't hurt Hamilton.... and we can always use the cap space the dealing of Budaj gave us...