2014-15 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea of what kind of player he is? Big 2 way checker, who maybe can skate well maybe?

No clue to be honest. My guess is he might play on the fourth line given that they're undermanned up front (Fournier's back up now too) but I wouldn't expect McNally to do much.

No clue to be honest. My guess is he might play on the fourth line given that they're undermanned up front (Fournier's back up now too) but I wouldn't expect McNally to do much.

You probably know already that he was at development camp this past year. Maybe he has shown enough to get another look. Maybe a marriage of convenience with next year in mind, with him coming out of Dartmouth and the Bulldogs (ICE) out East

You probably know already that he was at development camp this past year. Maybe he has shown enough to get another look. Maybe a marriage of convenience with next year in mind, with him coming out of Dartmouth and the Bulldogs (ICE) out East

Obviously they saw something they liked although I can't say I remember anything about him from the camp. I'm all for getting college players in on ATO's at this time of year (hopefully a couple of junior players will have a chance to join Hamilton too), here's hoping he can help a bit.

Also, Magnus Nygren still doesn't have the green light to resume working out fully let alone skating. It's safe to say his season is over. https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressen.se%2Fsport%2Fhockey%2Fshl%2Fmagnus-nygren-lider-an-av-hjarnskakningen%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Didier done with Denver, might we see him in AHL this spring, if make playoffs?

I don't know if Didier's done yet. His team lost in the NCHC tournament but there's still the Frozen Four that Denver may qualify for.

Yes Didier plays upcoming Sat.

Dogs clinging to 9th, but 10th & 11th place have 2games in-hand and are just 1 pt back...nother early end to season upcoming and battle is to be a 'black-ace' I suppose.

Joey Mac out with an upper body injury after getting pile driven by Connor Brickley in San Antonio. Frankie P on his way back from Wheeling.

what happened to Tinordi? He's out for 3 weeks with an upper body injury..could it be another concussion?

He's being re-evaluated in three weeks so it's probably not a concussion. With concussions, there's no real fixed timeline for an evaluation period so for them to come out and say he'll be looked at in three weeks, it's likely some sort of a physical issue. What that is or when it happened even is anyone's guess.

oh crap, that doesn't sound good at all. thanks for the update

Upper body injury, whereas they said Drewiski wrist is his injury.

Tinordi seems is #10 d-man anyways, so not a big deal, he will still likely join 'Black Aces' once Dogs reg season is over and they miss playoffs again.

Yes I figured that, I'm thinking that yet another injury may put him on a one-way ticket outta town. This years playoff success/failure will determine what our needs will be and I'm afraid JT could be done in MTL(possibly part of a blockbuster deal this summer?)

Bulldogs playoff odds really jumped with week's collection of points, jumped to 35.8% chance (not great but much better).

(Looks like Lernout might be available shortly, being down 2-0 to Regina.)

Makowski and Palazzese have been sent back to Wheeling. This must mean that MacDonald is ready to return at the very least.

Brett Lernout has also been sent to Hamilton. Presumably, he'll take Makowski's spot as a healthy scratch.

Lernout all packed and off to Hamilton!

Well, lets see what he can do vs Pros.

(I assume if be re-assigned there is will see some ice time?)

Lernout all packed and off to Hamilton!

Well, lets see what he can do vs Pros.

(I assume if be re-assigned there is will see some ice time?)

I don't think he'll see meaningful minutes until they're eliminated at least. They've sent junior guys down in the past just to skate with the team and work in practice.

dlbalr, do you mean Bergevin has 're-assigned' junior prospects, who are under contract, to Hamilton and then not played them, or simply Habs in general have done so in the past?

dlbalr, do you mean Bergevin has 're-assigned' junior prospects, who are under contract, to Hamilton and then not played them, or simply Habs in general have done so in the past?

More in general terms. Over the last few years, not all junior prospects who were sent down after the season immediately became regulars. Crisp/Nevins didn't play every game, Vail sat every so often and when he did play last year, it was on the fourth line. Going back a few years, the college free agent signings (Travis Novak, Jesse Todd, Ryan Flanigan, etc) also didn't play regularly upon signing. They're there to get evaluated and you can still learn lots about a player by watching their practice habits, as well as how quickly they pick things up.

Unlike recent years, there's actually something to play for in these final few games which I suspect will give them a bit of caution before throwing the new guys in there. From a development standpoint, I'd rather Lernout play than Ellis. Ellis isn't going to be back next year while Lernout can/will be. From a winning standpoint, Ellis is probably the better option though.

More in general terms. Over the last few years, not all junior prospects who were sent down after the season immediately became regulars. Crisp/Nevins didn't play every game, Vail sat every so often and when he did play last year, it was on the fourth line. Going back a few years, the college free agent signings (Travis Novak, Jesse Todd, Ryan Flanigan, etc) also didn't play regularly upon signing. They're there to get evaluated and you can still learn lots about a player by watching their practice habits, as well as how quickly they pick things up.

Unlike recent years, there's actually something to play for in these final few games which I suspect will give them a bit of caution before throwing the new guys in there. From a development standpoint, I'd rather Lernout play than Ellis. Ellis isn't going to be back next year while Lernout can/will be. From a winning standpoint, Ellis is probably the better option though.

Yep-- And your better served to have your exit interview from where you are heading. This is what we want you to work on etc etc. Hit development camp on the run as it were.