2014-15 General Bulldogs Thread

dlbalr

Bryan Allen's out for the rest of the regular season and probably the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. The D depth gets even weaker...and all of a sudden the Black Ace blueline options are looking pretty lousy.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Chicago/Nashville game, Chicago's backup goalie Darling is in. The announcers just said that he played for the Bulldogs 3 years ago. Is that correct, I don't remember him.

One game in 12-13 for 25 minutes. He was a Wheeling Nailers goalie and got a call-up.

Brandon Whitney has inked a tryout deal to back up Condon for the final two games, allowing Palazzese to stay in Wheeling. For some reason, I really wanted the Habs to draft Whitney a few years back. Looking at his numbers, I'm glad they didn't.

Injury updates:

Andrighetto's out 1-2 weeks (shoulder), Dumont is 4-6 weeks with a broken foot, and Tinordi is 2-3 months after wrist surgery.

Really sucks Tinordi wont be able to hit weight room hard, but will be able to work on skating I suppose, which is likely more important to work on.

They seem confident the team will be the Ice Caps. Makes sense for them not to have to issue new sweaters for a temporary team.

It was announced that the team will be called the IceCaps. The sweaters and logo are changing though. (It's a small reported logo change while the jerseys will be Hab colours presumably.)

It seems too early to start the offseason IceCaps thread but it was announced today that Jason King is the new Director of Hockey Operations. Among his roles is being a support guy for the coaching staff; between that and his long playing career it's likely he'll be on the ice with the players at times which makes this somewhat interesting.

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/icecaps-make-front-office-changes/

• 2 weeks later...

I suggested that might be one way to go a while back, given status of PP since changeover.

Any clue who may be new forward coach? Or could be a good fit?

I suggested that might be one way to go a while back, given status of PP since changeover.

Any clue who may be new forward coach? Or could be a good fit?

Just about anyone really. My guess is that they'll want a coach from the 'Q' since they seem to be pushing for the all-French staff in the minors now. And no, it won't be Groulx. There were a couple of QMJHL coaches who went to the ECHL last year, they could try to get one of those as well. Lebeau never really had any real coaching experience when he took the job though so there are no shortage of options; they could try a recently-retired player too.

PJ Stock?

I don't want that maroon anywhere near anything to do with Les Habitants.

• Upvote 1

I've been meaning to get around to this for a while now but I decided to wait until after the Habs were eliminated. Here are the final grades for the fourth quarter of the season (plus overall season grades) for the goalies and defencemen. It's a bit of a lengthy read with two grades for each player... http://www.habsworld.net/2015/05/final-hamilton-grades-goaltenders-and-defencemen-2/