The Powerplay

when you have andre markov, pk subban, nathan beuilue, gilbert ................... and the help for the powerplay is going to be 40 year old sergi gonchar? pathetic is too harsh a word....but close.

zero confidence in your ability to coach, teach, develope and play two of your first round, first rate prospects. two kids with talent and jam.

with makov on one pair, gonchar on another, do ya think we can get gill back............. see if we could be the slowest d in the nhl?

Crankshaft is still available and I bet Don knows where he is. :rofl:

zero confidence in your ability to coach, teach, develope and play two of your first round, first rate prospects. two kids with talent and jam.

You don't teach and develop a guy at Beaulieu's readiness in the NHL - because he's not even close to good enough for it yet.

Hater

It's not a matter of hate. It's a matter of "What has he done for us?"

Results are all that matters. You don't put a guy on the ice at the NHL level to develop him to get results. You develop him in a development league. If he's ready, he will give you results. Show me the numbers. Show me the points. Show me what he's done to merit his roster spot - because he's played enough games that we have a good feel for what he's going to give us right now.

If Beaulieu had put up 4-5 points in the first 10 games he played in, I'd be for keeping him. But this offensive defenseman has 0 goals, 0 assists, and is a -2 in 10 games played this year. Someone said Tinordi's given us more offense, and technically, he has. His paltry 2 assists represent infinitely more offense than 0 points.

I don't give a flying frack about potential, or talent, or age (except as a gage for what to expect coming from Hamilton when we need newer guys.) I only care about results. Results first. Development will come only when results RIGHT NOW are prioritized first.

i would of liked to see beaulieau on the right side of markov for a game on the PP but now with gonchar in the mix beaulieau will not get a sniff of the PP when gonchar is in

that's only true if Gonchar's presence actually improves the powerplay.

If we don't start seeing an improvement quickly (which shouldn't be hard - they're third last right now. Even if we move up to merely "bottom third of the NHL" that is a big improvement), we'll see more changes.

holy freakin lol.... i send this previous message while listening to tsn 690 and just now chris nilan gets an update from jessica on practice today and she says how they split markov and subban on the PP today.. they put markov with beaulieau 1st unit... and subban gilbert 2nd unit..

no changes up front...

dd and plex forward lines with

markov beaulieau

subban gilbert

they are finally listening to what I've been saying all along. my guess is this split up is a pre emptive move to insert gonchar on the right side...

im predicting 2 power play goals against the bruins if this is stuck with throughout the game..........

i would of liked to see beaulieau on the right side of markov for a game on the PP but now with gonchar in the mix beaulieau will not get a sniff of the PP when gonchar is in

it doesn't matter who they put out there,

until they can gain a good entry, win some battles and actually shoot the puck on net it's not going to matter. Apparently the 2 Gally's are the only players familiar with the area in front of the net.

Apparently the 2 Gally's are the only players familiar with the area in front of the net.

That's not true! We saw Bourque skate to the net lots!

(Trouble is, he'd do it instead of forechecking, and standing in front of the opposing net doesn't help when the other team has the puck.)

I'm telling you all.... instant dividends... is there a better right point man in the NHL over the last 20 years then gonchar?? nope

the General and his comrade.....

im loving it... id still keep subban on the half boards with the 1st wave with all his skill.........

until they can gain a good entry, win some battles and actually shoot the puck on net it's not going to matter.

Well said Chris. I completely agree. Our PP needs to find a way to settle itself in the offensive zone as quickly as possible. They also need to learn to move the puck faster.

bold prediction

PP goal 1

markov to insert gonchar or beaulieau for the clean one timer.... and paranteau taps in the rebound...

PP goal 2

markov goes cross ice to plex for the one timer he misses the net puck comes back around and markov to insert gonchar or beaulieau for a clean one timer...

im envisioning the instant proficiency as we speak

You don't teach and develop a guy at Beaulieu's readiness in the NHL - because he's not even close to good enough for it yet.

played well in play offs limited role last season.

played great the other night against shut out win against jets.

played very well against wild on saturday.

real good team leader who plays well every night here in hamilton

thats what you call "not even close" as kramer would say "oh, he's close" :clap:

it doesn't matter who they put out there,

until they can gain a good entry, win some battles and actually shoot the puck on net it's not going to matter. Apparently the 2 Gally's are the only players familiar with the area in front of the net.

thats right. the other 4,975 theories, player shuffles, strategies wont make a diff if the usual suspects wont go to the net and battle there.

played well in play offs limited role last season.

played great the other night against shut out win against jets.

played very well against wild on saturday.

real good team leader who plays well every night here in hamilton

thats what you call "not even close" as kramer would say "oh, he's close" :clap:

Team leader in Hamilton, haha good one!

Played well in Hamilton, also joking I assume? unless no offense and easily team worst d-man at -17 is 'Well played'? He also gave Dog goalies lots of practice stopping SH breakaways, when his Savardian spinaramas flopped on the PP, again and again.

Even, played well in playoffs is a stretch.

Guy Boucher interview: asked about the powerplay, he says it is all about getting guys to the net. If you play the perimeter you just gave up your man advantage cause there are just as many guys in the box as out of it. The only way to break the box is go to the net. Also said the pretty goals and 1 timers account for about 20- 25 % of PP goals. The down low dirty goals are about 75 to 80. Hmmm seems to know exactly what is wrong with our powerplay. Should send that tape to Le Genius.

Guy Boucher interview: asked about the powerplay, he says it is all about getting guys to the net. If you play the perimeter you just gave up your man advantage cause there are just as many guys in the box as out of it. The only way to break the box is go to the net. Also said the pretty goals and 1 timers account for about 20- 25 % of PP goals. The down low dirty goals are about 75 to 80. Hmmm seems to know exactly what is wrong with our powerplay. Should send that tape to Le Genius.

Makes sense to me....

Guest Stogey24

All I want from our PP, right now, is an average of 2 good shots on the net per PP.

Thats it. It would already be a big improvement.

All I want is to see a different look. How about just giving Sekac and Eller shot. At this point what is there to lose. 7% on PP is baaaad

Guy Boucher was supposed to have 12 super developed, intricate PP combinations and all of them were figured out in a season. After his first year with the Bolts, the Lightning PP pretty much died because of how easy it became to telegraph it.

Are you sure about your facts? cause I find it hard to believe that there are 12 ways to set up a powerplay. And even harder to believe that they could be figured out so quickly, it's a pretty fast game. I am not saying you don't know what you are talking about, I just find it hard to believe.

How about a shoot and crash the net PP, two guys on the doorstep...

And hey, check out my logo, Ima NHL PP type member.... :clap:

Yeah that sounds good to me. Who you gonna trade to get someone to do that? So far we gallagher and...................................?

I got it! Put Prust on the powerplay. problem solved.