New HabsWorld Website

Can you basically eliminate sub-catagories? or I guess fewer may work fine?

(seems fine as is as well and I don't know what you have already tried in past.)

Sub-categories is what I mean by subforums. We want to keep at least one separate forum for non-hockey related stuff (other sports talk, politics, TV, fantasy sports, etc) but the rest is up for pondering.

Sub-categories is what I mean by subforums. We want to keep at least one separate forum for non-hockey related stuff (other sports talk, politics, TV, fantasy sports, etc) but the rest is up for pondering.

Sure and I am ignorant how much action each of the sub-forums get. So I will shut-up now.

Sure and I am ignorant how much action each of the sub-forums get. So I will shut-up now.

There's an easy way to tell - look at the number of topics and the number of total posts (or go into the subforum and check the thread-by-thread numbers). As you noted when you first brought the topic up the other day, the prospects subforum doesn't get a whole lot of attention aside from a few regulars.

I would make it into two, with all of the hockey on one, and fantasy/lounge as the other. If the prospect threads are merged with the GDTs etc then they might get more action. The same idea applies to the NHL thread. Besides location, I have no idea why there isn't more discussion there.

the only thing I can suggest, and there probably is a proper way to do it, that I don't know about, is being able to access your own last post so it would be easier to follow a thread. We get a lot the same comments over and over again from different posters cause some don't follow the thread so they can see what transpired before. It makes the threads longer than they need to be. And hey maybe some are just padding their stats. :)

• Upvote 1

the only thing I can suggest, and there probably is a proper way to do it, that I don't know about, is being able to access your own last post so it would be easier to follow a thread. We get a lot the same comments over and over again from different posters cause some don't follow the thread so they can see what transpired before. It makes the threads longer than they need to be. And hey maybe some are just padding their stats. :)

+1

I am probably as guilty as anyone, but I would like to see more diligence from the posters in keeping the discussion on the thread it was designed for.

About that, I wonder what would land us Halak + Ryder + 2nd pick...

• Upvote 1

I'd like to contribute more to the process, but I have limited competence in this area. I sure like the site , and like it particularly because of the other posters and their contributions. I typically scan the topics and just check the active ones and gdt's. I'd perhaps like a button to go right back to habs talk without scrolling up or down.. say on the side. Also. I don' t check out the main website enough and you guys do a great job with that.. so something immediately more tempting on the screen might be an assist, but what do I know?

Mostly I want to thank all of you who contribute so selflessly to this board which is a lovely gift to habitual friends.

• Upvote 1

What about being able to see who gave a plus or minus on comments.

When the plus/minus first started years ago, you could. When IP Board updated it a while later, that capability disappeared. It's on my list of things to look for when they roll out the new board (which was supposed to be sometime this year but it hasn't happened yet, they're still testing), I want to see if they bring that option back.

Guest Stogey24

minus...haha jk stoge :ph34r:

Haha

When the plus/minus first started years ago, you could. When IP Board updated it a while later, that capability disappeared. It's on my list of things to look for when they roll out the new board (which was supposed to be sometime this year but it hasn't happened yet, they're still testing), I want to see if they bring that option back.

Not big deal. Thanks though

• 2 weeks later...

How about a visual separation between the pinned threads and the regular high turnover threads.

Short of the green 'pinned' tag, unfortunately I don't think there's anything else we can do about that. I'll add that to the list of stuff to look at when the new forum launches (which won't be the same time we launch the site the from the looks of things).

What about being able to see who gave a plus or minus on comments.

You want to start a war? There are some on here who would abuse the privilege, and take things very personally. mind it would let people know who agreed with them, ahhh whatever ok by me.

Guest Stogey24

You want to start a war? There are some on here who would abuse the privilege, and take things very personally. mind it would let people know who agreed with them, ahhh whatever ok by me.

Just throwing it out there. Find it somewhat gutless to just throw a -1 on post.

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope the Hamilton/Non-Hamilton Prospect stuff stays around.

Not many comment on it but it is the main reason I come here, even though I don't post anymore.

I just hope the Hamilton/Non-Hamilton Prospect stuff stays around.

Not many comment on it but it is the main reason I come here, even though I don't post anymore.

It'll stay, we're just not sure whether it will stay as its own subforum or be mixed in here. We haven't had a whole lot of comments from other posters to help shape that decision yet.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just wanted to give you an update on the progress of the preparation of the new HW website. It's progressing very well and we are in the final steps before launching it! Hope you will like the new design, speed and navigation.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everyone, the new website will appear in the next few hours. Please feel free to post your comments or suggestions if there's anything you don't like or that you would like to see ! We hope to make the most useful and interesting site for all Habs fans !

• Upvote 1

I love the fresh new look!

It will take a bit of getting used to, but off the top of my head I think it looks great!