New HabsWorld Website

looks good

I had pointed that out in the beta testing but that's by design. There are ads that go there (if you're not using an ad blocker) and I think it's to help them stand out a tad.

Does using an AdBlock on Habsworld hurt the website in anyway? I know on certain websites it says please disable AdBlock as it takes away from their paying of their writers and maintenance fees. If it is in fact hurting I will be sure to white-list Habsworld as it is a great website and don't want to hurt it in anyway.

The website looks great guys. Well done. I appreciate all the time you all took to make it happen. The only complaint I had at first was being able to find the link to the Forums when using my phone's browser. It's located more towards the middle of the page on that version but once you know where it is there is no problem. Its very easy to find when using a computer browser.

Does using an AdBlock on Habsworld hurt the website in anyway? I know on certain websites it says please disable AdBlock as it takes away from their paying of their writers and maintenance fees. If it is in fact hurting I will be sure to white-list Habsworld as it is a great website and don't want to hurt it in anyway.

The website looks great guys. Well done. I appreciate all the time you all took to make it happen. The only complaint I had at first was being able to find the link to the Forums when using my phone's browser. It's located more towards the middle of the page on that version but once you know where it is there is no problem. Its very easy to find when using a computer browser.

The ads are our sole source of revenue that we use to cover the costs (server, web hosting, the forum, etc).

There are two links to the forum on the main page as there was before. There's the one in the middle that you've seen but there is also one in the top right hand corner of the site. It's a blue button and a bit harder to see on the blue background but it is there, more or less in the same spot it was on the old site.

The ads are our sole source of revenue that we use to cover the costs (server, web hosting, the forum, etc).

There are two links to the forum on the main page as there was before. There's the one in the middle that you've seen but there is also one in the top right hand corner of the site. It's a blue button and a bit harder to see on the blue background but it is there, more or less in the same spot it was on the old site.

Okay I have white-listed the Habsworld website to ensure it gets revenue.

Yes the two links are easy to see when I am on my computer. Its only when I go on my phone (android running chrome) that the link at the top of the page disappears and the other link is located in the middle of the page (in reference from top to bottom). Its not a huge deal by any means, it just took me a sec when using my phone for the first time. Now that I know where it is its easy to find. It could just be my phone as well but I do tend to find that phones seem to mess up most websites.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason this forum is so buggy in Internet Explorer? I use Chrome at home, but at work, IE is much easier to use.

Define 'buggy'. Does it take too long to load, or certain things aren't loading properly? It could just be compatibility mode, have you tried toggling that on/off?

Define buggy in IE:

(1) The "Quote" button does not work under other people's posts ~~ tested on multiple PCs, running Windows 8.1/IE11, and one on Windows 7, IE8 (It's at work, don't ask.)

(2) I cannot paste clipboard contents into the quick-reply window. Nothing happens when you hit CTRL-V, and Right-Click does not have the "paste" option enabled.

(3) Sometimes you can't click into the quick-reply window, or you can't type into it at all, and you have to do a full reply to get anything to work at all. This is not all the time, but common.

I should apologize - I'm inclined to say "Internet Explorer" is buggy with your site. I have none of these problems in Chrome or Firefox.

Define buggy in IE:

(1) The "Quote" button does not work under other people's posts ~~ tested on multiple PCs, running Windows 8.1/IE11, and one on Windows 7, IE8 (It's at work, don't ask.)

(2) I cannot paste clipboard contents into the quick-reply window. Nothing happens when you hit CTRL-V, and Right-Click does not have the "paste" option enabled.

(3) Sometimes you can't click into the quick-reply window, or you can't type into it at all, and you have to do a full reply to get anything to work at all. This is not all the time, but common.

I should apologize - I'm inclined to say "Internet Explorer" is buggy with your site. I have none of these problems in Chrome or Firefox.

Is compatibility mode turned on? If so, try toggling it off. (Or vice versa.) Compatibility mode will made a lot of sites appear weird/act buggy. I'm using IE to type this message and the first two issues aren't happening. The third one happens from time to time on all browsers. Sometimes, if you click in the quick reply box before the page is finished loading, it'll act up. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a tech guy so that's about all the troubleshooting I know. Anyone more computer-literate know of any other possible causes/solutions?

Is compatibility mode turned on? If so, try toggling it off. (Or vice versa.) Compatibility mode will made a lot of sites appear weird/act buggy. I'm using IE to type this message and the first two issues aren't happening. The third one happens from time to time on all browsers. Sometimes, if you click in the quick reply box before the page is finished loading, it'll act up. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a tech guy so that's about all the troubleshooting I know. Anyone more computer-literate know of any other possible causes/solutions?

i don't post as much anumore either, as i can only read posts on my BB, so only post, when i'm on a computer.

Do you have the mobile theme turned on when you're on your Blackberry?

What's the mobile theme?

I'm logged in. It displays my unread threads (bolded), can read the threads, even have the reply buttons available, but when I press the reply options, don't get the posing box.

or are you sure you are logged in ?

What's the mobile theme?

Scroll to the very bottom of the page. Just above the ticker on the left hand side, you'll see a link called Change Theme. Click on that and you'll see three options: Classic Theme, Blue & Black (which doesn't work particularly well anymore), and Mobile Theme. When you're on your phone, it might be better to be using the mobile theme.

Thanks - that did the trick!

Scroll to the very bottom of the page. Just above the ticker on the left hand side, you'll see a link called Change Theme. Click on that and you'll see three options: Classic Theme, Blue & Black (which doesn't work particularly well anymore), and Mobile Theme. When you're on your phone, it might be better to be using the mobile theme.

• 3 weeks later...