Dec. 23, Habs vs Isles, 7 PM

dlbalr

Sorry HR, was a popular victory and vs a solid team with some nice young stars. And at times it seemed both teams had other stuff on their minds tonight and were just going through the motions?

But a win is a win! :clap: :clap: :hyper:

Hey guys, we beat a pretty hot team. Stopped then in their tracks. I actually think the Patches DD thing is over. DD knows he belongs on the 3rd line. Patches knows that he and Galchenyuk will make beautiful music together. Le Genius once again used his very secret strategy of holding the guys back in the 1st so that they would be fresh for the 2nd and 3rd. He also did a great job of coaching Carey. The PP is cruising along, ok forget that. All in all we got out hit , out shot, and out chanced. Good job. But we won. :hyper::1banana::wavetowel:

That goalie coaching was Priceless.

Did we outshoot them in the last two periods?

My opinion is that after the first period (in which the Isles shouldve ran up the score to 3-0) we played a good roadgame.

Price was great as usual. To bad the PP has to be so focused on our D to shot.

My opinion is that after the first period (in which the Isles shouldve ran up the score to 3-0) we played a good roadgame.

Yup.

Too funny to watch Markov being interviewed, he just seems sooooo uncomfortable with camera, language and a lot of those idiotic questions.

I am quite pleased with his play all year and he is pretty darn steady. :nuts:

You're also not going to win with 4th line pluggers on scoring lines for any length of time. If teams did win with that strategy, we'd see a lot of other teams playing their checkers lots of minutes. They don't. Why? It doesn't work well.

Prust is 3rd line. Agree with you if he was put on second line (scoring line)

On fourth line he is not out there enough. Opposition has to see the habs have a player like him IN the game. Nine minutes a game on the fourth line would be ill advised. Not enough sandpaper on this team to have the luxury of Prust on fourth line.

Sorry HR, was a popular victory and vs a solid team with some nice young stars. And at times it seemed both teams had other stuff on their minds tonight and were just going through the motions?

But a win is a win! :clap: :clap: :hyper:

Don as you know I will take em any way we can get em. But it doesn't mean we played a great game. I have no idea how this team continues to win. Actually I do his name is Carey Price. :habslogo:

Too funny to watch Markov being interviewed, he just seems sooooo uncomfortable with camera, language and a lot of those idiotic questions.

I am quite pleased with his play all year and he is pretty darn steady. :nuts:

Oh ya.

You're also not going to win with 4th line pluggers on scoring lines for any length of time. If teams did win with that strategy, we'd see a lot of other teams playing their checkers lots of minutes. They don't. Why? It doesn't work well.

"it dose not work well"

Quennville on the hawks moves Bickell up to first and second line duty every play offs. Why? He believes "it does works well". So do I

Guy Lafluer: "the stars got us in the play-offs, but the plumbers won us the cups"

Prust is worth ten Parenteaus.

Don as you know I will take em any way we can get em. But it doesn't mean we played a great game. I have no idea how this team continues to win. Actually I do his name is Carey Price. :habslogo:

True. If he were a Crosby type forward..we'd just celebrate the goals.. but when its goals being saved.. it's more passive than active and correspondingly less satisfying. It's like having a good doctor and a chronic illness...

I'm happy with what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd periods...solid road win against a very good team.

He's ten bad games away from being another Bourque. He's a floater, and another soft long haired hippy type like Gilbert.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Well said. Parenteau's only redeeming quality as far as I can see is his talent in the shootout.

I'm pretty happy with the win. I'm reconciled to the fact that Price will be our ticket, and expect our new first to do increased damage, even though Yukyuk was held to three goals in an earlier game.. I love having Markov and Subban but thought we'd be stronger on D. So...we need one winger and more d on D.

DD is right where he belongs. We now have a first line which can score against other teams best lines, while dd gets to face other teams second or third tier players. That's great because he can thrive there. Sekac had an off night, it happens. PAP getting all that ice time baffles me. Malhotra didn't see much ice, maybe time for him to sit out a few games? Anyhow, despite all our concerns, the team keeps winning!

Thats exactly how it went down. all in all a good road win against a prfetty strong club.

TGFP

I'm pretty happy with the win. I'm reconciled to the fact that Price will be our ticket, and expect our new first to do increased damage, even though Yukyuk was held to three goals in an earlier game.. I love having Markov and Subban but thought we'd be stronger on D. So...we need one winger and more d on D.

yep !

True. If he were a Crosby type forward..we'd just celebrate the goals.. but when its goals being saved.. it's more passive than active and correspondingly less satisfying. It's like having a good doctor and a chronic illness...

HA ! You have a way with words

Thats exactly how it went down. all in all a good road win against a prfetty strong club.

TGFP

yep !

HA ! You have a way with words

ya,,but I don't know what order to put them in! :blush:

Thanks HR.. so about even in 2 about 6 down in the 3rd

Not so bad in the last 2.

Great pumpkin I have got to start reading my own posts. We were outshot 23 -12 in the first 2 periods, yeah ok about even , we were outshot 15 to 9 in the 3rd. However close(shots) only counts in horse shoes and and grenades, the only stat that really counts is WE WON 3-1 beat their uppity little asses into the ground. Yeah baby :halm:

DD is right where he belongs. We now have a first line which can score against other teams best lines, while dd gets to face other teams second or third tier players. That's great because he can thrive there. Sekac had an off night, it happens. PAP getting all that ice time baffles me. Malhotra didn't see much ice, maybe time for him to sit out a few games? Anyhow, despite all our concerns, the team keeps winning!

Well said hh. Except i would not sit Manny.

I was pretty pumped when Pareteau was brought in, but I honestly thought he was going to bring more offensively to this team

Honestly, I wonder why one would believe that.

How is he supposed to match offensive numbers he had with John freakin' Tavares ?

He was brought in in return of Brière... Can't really expect a very big offense here.

Honestly, I wonder why one would believe that.

How is he supposed to match offensive numbers he had with John freakin' Tavares ?

He was brought in in return of Brière... Can't really expect a very big offense here.

He did get a shot early in the year on the first line.

He still has a shot to get forty points if he picks it up.

He's also been playing with Lars Eller, who is either a phenom or nearly useless depending on the week.

Has Beaulieu started to figure it out?

Thought was smart of Jason York to point out him getting pasted to make a play on goal, well done.

Emelin and Gilbert seemed dreadful, fumbling with puck?

So if Beaulieu can step it up, play a bigger role and limit his mistakes, would be a huge bonus (that I was beginning to give up on for sure).