Dec. 29, Habs vs Canes, 7 PM

dlbalr

seems more like a square peg being put in a round hole. It's one thing to ask a player to be responsible defensively, it's another to ask a goal scorer to play on an entirely checking line. That would be like putting Bowman with galchenyuk and MaxPac and then sending him back for not scoring.

Agreed. Thinking beyond the traditional coaching box is not in Therrien's skill set.

What's the point of having Andrighetto on the team if he is being on the 4th line. This is a perfect example of putting players in positions that they have no hope of succeeding in and than sending them back down because they are not contributing. He needs to play with skilled players to succeed. Swap him with Prust and you the kid has a chance to show what he can do. Putting him with Malhotra is a waste of time.

putting him with manny AND giving miniscule ice time. To what end?

Lehknonen just scored for the Finns. 2-1 CAN.

Been a great looking game every time i switch over. Good goaltending both ends

hahahaha

This game sucks in general.

switching around .............. no way canes canadiens worth watching start to finish.

Was about our post from Lake Huron when I saw cc's radio reference.. So I got the third on the team 690 radio. Thanks CC.

Sounds like a pretty flat effort. Too much Christmas food.

Glad for the 2 pts though...

Hamilton misses Sven!

Boy this forum sure gets quiet when there is nothing to talk about. :D Ok let's grab them hurricane and slam them into the ground. Habs win 3-1. I'd predict a 1st period goal but how likely is that?

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

can I call em or what? Btw did not get to see the whole game. But I knew it was in the bag. 1st goal I did see, the ref called interference on gallagher after the puck was in the net.

Did anyone else think the habs were out played for the most part by the last place canes?

It doesn't matter, we won. That's all that counts. No reason to eliminate the slow starts, improve the defence and PP before the playoffs, since we are winning.

And as usual, MT will disagree that the Habs had a slow start. It's part of the genius's plan. Get the opposition frustrated that despite dominating they can't score on Price - who is the best coached goalie in the NHL. Than you really kick them when they are down by further frustrating them by being out scored, despite shutting out our PP.

The new sports writer from the gazette had a great article a couple of days ago about the Habs control of info. Good read.

Did anyone else think the habs were out played for the most part by the last place canes?

Not really. Shots were about even. Scoring chances even more even.

In fact, the only reason whe allowed a goal was because a Canes player put his stick under Price's glove so he couldn't cover the puck as he was just about to do.

Not really. Shots were about even. Scoring chances even more even.

In fact, the only reason whe allowed a goal was because a Canes player put his stick under Price's glove so he couldn't cover the puck as he was just about to do.

Yea i guess. I still dont think the habs played well. They were rested, they are disgustingly healthy, and were playing a team that stinks.

Either did the coach. MT commented after game "we cant go into play offs with a team like this" Then he ripped subban, slighted chucky, and complimented dd and pap.

Yea i guess. I still dont think the habs played well. They were rested, they are disgustingly healthy, and were playing a team that stinks.

Either did the coach. MT commented after game "we cant go into play offs with a team like this" Then he ripped subban, slighted chucky, and complimented dd and pap.

got to keep the french press happy.

DD and PAP played much better than Galchenyuk and Subban, not a shocker just truth.

Weise and Prust also stood out and got nothing to do with language.

It was another Therrien on ANtichamber who criticized team wasn't it? Gaston?

There really are no easy games anymore. Good teams can consistently win close games, bad teams can still put forward a good effort but they are bad because they usually lose close ones. Blowouts are fairly rare when you think about it.