Cap Geek Gone?

habs rule

Don't know it this qualifies as a topic but pretty big news I think. Apparently the owner of Cap Geek is ill and has closed the site. Permanently. He is not going to sell it. So I guess someone else will start a new site? The whole thing seems strange.

Yeah that's true, well I guess that is where we go now.

Or if you're looking for stuff on the Habs, there's always my trusty cap sheet...

As for the closure of the site being sudden, I e-mailed with him last week and there was nothing suggested that he was about to shut things down.

Or if you're looking for stuff on the Habs, there's always my trusty cap sheet...

As for the closure of the site being sudden, I e-mailed with him last week and there was nothing suggested that he was about to shut things down.

Of course Brian for habs stuff we would come here first. I was thinking of numbers for guys we might trade for. It does seem strange that out of the blue, boom it's gone. And the whole no purchase requests. I of course am in no position to say what it is worth but it is a pretty popular site and would think it would have considerable value. No?

Of course Brian for habs stuff we would come here first. I was thinking of numbers for guys we might trade for. It does seem strange that out of the blue, boom it's gone. And the whole no purchase requests. I of course am in no position to say what it is worth but it is a pretty popular site and would think it would have considerable value. No?

The main revenue stream was ads similar to what we run on here. Without knowing their traffic, it's hard to estimate how much that would be.

As was noted on here, NHL Numbers is a site that has some contract info (though their cap projections are usually lacking) so that would be a decent place to look.

The main revenue stream was ads similar to what we run on here. Without knowing their traffic, it's hard to estimate how much that would be.

As was noted on here, NHL Numbers is a site that has some contract info (though their cap projections are usually lacking) so that would be a decent place to look.

I also don't find them as up to date as cap geek was.

• 2 months later...

That passing of Matt is certainly a big loss to the hockey community. It's a shame he left the world so young, especially to colon cancer. That same thing has affected members of my family so I can somewhat relate.

I'm hoping that someone will be inspired by CapGeek and put together their own NHL salary cap related website. I don't know why the NHL hasn't done the same sort of thing, especially when the NHLPA does publish some of their member's basic salary information. The NHL is slow to adapt this type of information sharing, and hockey analytics are a good example of that. However I'm looking forward to what the NHL will be doing with that next year with the new technology they'll be incorporating into it.

During a recent Sportsnet show that was discussing Matt and Capgeek, one of the analysts mentioned that Matt directly contacted each team to ask for the player salary details, and was given them. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

That passing of Matt is certainly a big loss to the hockey community. It's a shame he left the world so young, especially to colon cancer. That same thing has affected members of my family so I can somewhat relate.

I'm hoping that someone will be inspired by CapGeek and put together their own NHL salary cap related website. I don't know why the NHL hasn't done the same sort of thing, especially when the NHLPA does publish some of their member's basic salary information. The NHL is slow to adapt this type of information sharing, and hockey analytics are a good example of that. However I'm looking forward to what the NHL will be doing with that next year with the new technology they'll be incorporating into it.

During a recent Sportsnet show that was discussing Matt and Capgeek, one of the analysts mentioned that Matt directly contacted each team to ask for the player salary details, and was given them. Does anyone know if this is accurate?

I don't know but his info was too accurate for it not to be.