NY Islanders at Montreal Canadiens | January 17th, 2015 | 1900EST

lazy26

Fun game

Beaulieu racked up 20+ minutes of ice.

0:54 for Sekac on the PP, is a good change

Gallagher +3 and 4 shots as did Gonchar

Thomas got 13+minutes and with quick release had 3 shots.

Lots of positives, Tokarski hung in there but is no Price.

Not sure I liked Weaver tonight, but he hasn't played in a while, so I will cut him some slack. I was so happy Montreal took over the game and shut Healy up. The guy is nausiating.

Stopping the puck from falling behind Tokarski was a big enough play for me to forget the rest of his play.

Fun game

Beaulieu racked up 20+ minutes of ice.

0:54 for Sekac on the PP, is a good change

Gallagher +3 and 4 shots as did Gonchar

Thomas got 13+minutes and with quick release had 3 shots.

Lots of positives, Tokarski hung in there but is no Price.

Good summary. Some positives there.

It's funny that Pleks got 4 points tonight after all the talk about him earlier in the day on this forum.

Was thinking the same thing !

Geergie Sekac is headed for the press box. Once MB lands a winger at the

deadline he's depth, nothing more.

Sekac in the top-6 is a nice idea, but he has 0 SOG in his last six games.

His eight goals are very generous for 34 shots. He'll be hard pressed to get to 15.

hasn't he hit 2 posts?

He dove? Come on! He was unconscious for a bit. I bet the league looks at it too.

http://gfycat.com/IdolizedAcceptableEyas#

Play never stopped. He got right back up and skated to the bench. If he had injured himself it would have been due to his head hitting the ice after that big dance routine.

Guest Stogey24

Play never stopped. He got right back up and skated to the bench. If he had injured himself it would have been due to his head hitting the ice after that big dance routine.

The trainers were looking at his jaw when he got back to the bench. Clutterbuck took a cut. He knew what he was doing.

When a young kid takes any sort of hit like that with or whithout the puck, someone needs to do something about. That's just how it goes. Maybe we need Ryan White back, because I can guarantee he wouldn't have let that shit fly.

The trainers were looking at his jaw when he got back to the bench. Clutterbuck took a cut. He knew what he was doing.

When a young kid takes any sort of hit like that with or whithout the puck, someone needs to do something about. That's just how it goes. Maybe we need Ryan White back, because I can guarantee he wouldn't have let that shit fly.

I agree. Whether or not it was a dive, all the players on the ice knew was that Bournival took a bad hit and was sliding on his back across the ice.

I agree. Whether or not it was a dive, all the players on the ice knew was that Bournival took a bad hit and was sliding on his back across the ice.

No kidding. But when he was sliding across the ice it really bugged me because I knew nobody was going to do a thing. Gone are the days when the habs used to develope players like Corson, Macphee, Chelly, Skrudland, Ludwig, Robinson, Keane, Green.....and all those guys were on one team at the same time. Now we have Prust. Thats it. Nice.

I have heard it said the habs have a "good room" .......... till someone gets clobbered.

Sort of like Ference 'accidently on purpose' dropped Jeff Halpern with cheapshot.

Yes i remember that one.

You can be a assured that if Prust or Beailue had clobbered a young islander like that......they would be made to answer for it.

Bournival wasn't unconscious IMHO - he was pausing for a second, waiting for the penalty call that inexplicably never came. He didn't even look the slightest bit dazed after the play, fortunately.

Clutterbuck should get a suspension, but this is the NHL, where "player safety" means only suspending guys when there is a PR embarrassment, or if they are one of those "pukes" that the old boys' network personally dislikes.

There is a conspiracy of sorts on the refs side of things. The supposed diving by the Habs means refs aren't making the calls. They have told Gallagher that they won't call penalties on him cause he too much of a shit disturber. But because we get so few opportunities we need a deadly P/P so that if we do draw a penalty it costs you. Montreal has gotten the short end of the stick many times this year.

If you want to see what should have happened when bournival got hit by Clusterfork. take a look at the Carcillo hit on Perrrault. Everybody jumped in, that is the kind of thing we need to do, support our guys.

Guest Stogey24

Bournival wasn't unconscious IMHO - he was pausing for a second, waiting for the penalty call that inexplicably never came. He didn't even look the slightest bit dazed after the play, fortunately.

Clutterbuck should get a suspension, but this is the NHL, where "player safety" means only suspending guys when there is a PR embarrassment, or if they are one of those "pukes" that the old boys' network personally dislikes.

Dude, he was star fished for a good 3 seconds. Then he woke up. A guy doesn't lay there motionless to draw a penalty.

I'll stop talking about the hit. This one just really pissed me off though. Three words after a hit like that: Prust,Tap, Go. He's not paid 2.5 mill to score goals.

Just like to mention a few things. Sometime before Christmas the HNIC crew were sitting around after the early games and at the time the Habs and leafs were not too far apart in the standings. A couple of them started discussing who they thought would win a playoff series between the two. rhudy didn't take part in this, but Healey stated he thought it would come down to goaltending and forward depth and for that reason he was picking the leafs. Really. Fast forward to now, not even Healey is saying that. That panel, other than Rhudy, are nothing but a bunch of idiot leaf fans and should be removed.

Anyhow back to our team. Beaulieu is looking really good I like his confidence. To all of you who want to be hard on Patches for not being a bully I say when you have a 30-40 goal man who back checks, kills penalties and has the respect of his team you'd better appreciate that they are a rare breed! I see the tread on Kessel vs Patches and I can't believe that is even being discussed. Hopung to see Price back for next game, go Habs!

100% agree and I'll go further. Maxpac, chucky, Subban, pleks, Markov, Gallagher are all guys I wouldn't want fighting and they shouldn't be expected to. That's what your 4th liners are for.

If we had a guy like getzlaf. Fine. That's part of his makeup. Frankly I think it's stupid that in a lot of cases, there is an expectation that teammates have to step in to make a guy answer for a hit, that in many cases is a legit hard hit.

Just like to mention a few things. Sometime before Christmas the HNIC crew were sitting around after the early games and at the time the Habs and leafs were not too far apart in the standings. A couple of them started discussing who they thought would win a playoff series between the two. rhudy didn't take part in this, but Healey stated he thought it would come down to goaltending and forward depth and for that reason he was picking the leafs. Really. Fast forward to now, not even Healey is saying that. That panel, other than Rhudy, are nothing but a bunch of idiot leaf fans and should be removed.

Anyhow back to our team. Beaulieu is looking really good I like his confidence. To all of you who want to be hard on Patches for not being a bully I say when you have a 30-40 goal man who back checks, kills penalties and has the respect of his team you'd better appreciate that they are a rare breed! I see the tread on Kessel vs Patches and I can't believe that is even being discussed. Hopung to see Price back for next game, go Habs!

There is a conspiracy of sorts on the refs side of things. The supposed diving by the Habs means refs aren't making the calls. They have told Gallagher that they won't call penalties on him cause he too much of a shit disturber. But because we get so few opportunities we need a deadly P/P so that if we do draw a penalty it costs you. Montreal has gotten the short end of the stick many times this year.

If you see what should have happened when bournival got hit by Clusterfork. take a look at the Carcillo hit on Perrrault. Everybody jumped in, that is the kind of thing we need to do, support our guys.

The diving reputation is a big part of Montreal's lack of calls. I hate diving, so I won't comment on it except to say that it seems to have improved in the last couple year in Montreal. The bigger reason they don't get the calls is posession.they don't have the puck in dangerous areas as much as other teams, which is evident by looking at their posession stats.

If you want to see what should have happened when bournival got hit by Clusterfork. take a look at the Carcillo hit on Perrrault. Everybody jumped in, that is the kind of thing we need to do, support our guys.

we need it yes. we dont have it though. that has been established.

Clutterbuck hits Bournival. Bournival sells it hard.

Bunch of Habs cause a big fight. Markov is on the ice during this scrum. Markov gets hurt during the scrum and we have to now lean harder on Subban, Gonchar and Emelin.

Was it worth it for a dive?

LMAO..... stop it boys stop it!! leave them alone....you may get hurt. you might hurt your self!! its not "worth it". :rofl:

"all fine till someone loses an eye"