Habs to Play in Another Outdoor Game

Habsfan84

The difference was Roy flinching every time Mccinnis wound up for his slap shot and Gilmour earning his killer nickname.

If I remember the 89 Finals, Mats Naslund was really neutralized by that hulking Flames blueline. That was, basically, the difference.

Haha, I agree with both of you!

50/50!

89 was good year also, just darn Lanny MacDonald and Gilmore ruined it in the end!

I was at game 4 of the 89 final . Habs were leading series 2-1 after an ot win in game three. Gilmour and Macinnis were out standing as the Flames beat us that night. Rest is history as they say.

Serge took over as GM in 83 with a five year plan. Won the cup in year three of that plan. Habs were contenders every year from 84 to 95-96. Then the darks came and stayed. :flaming:

Never really fully recovered for any length as we still stunk years later, in 02, 03, 04, 07, 09, 012

But like the classic tune by Free, everything is "All Right Now"

But until i see the Habs battling in the Stanley cup Finals, the recovery is still in process.

How about Vernon pretending he was dead and Bearcats Murray running in the ice a d Calgary scoring a foal WHILE he was on the ice And the critical goal counting!

And Vernon knocking the net off the moorings repeatedly when he was under pressure

How about Vernon pretending he was dead and Bearcats Murray running in the ice a d Calgary scoring a foal WHILE he was on the ice And the critical goal counting!

Hate Vernon ever since that series. Just like hasek in the gold medal game in Nagano.

• 1 month later...

Is anybody else thinking that Chara is going to whack Gallagher across the left hand? I gotta admit he did show some decency against Boroweicki the other night though? But, that's probably the extent of it..expect him to be an ass

You forgot the hole part. :)

• 11 months later...

Looks like we are going to play in our fourth outdoor game. This time it will be the Senators at TD Place in Ottawa. Still not official (as in announced by the NHL) but has been rumored for a while and this is the first report of a plan. Teams sure like hosting us in these events. 

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Habsfan84 said:

Looks like we are going to play in our fourth outdoor game. This time it will be the Senators at TD Place in Ottawa. Still not official (as in announced by the NHL) but has been rumored for a while and this is the first report of a plan. Teams sure like hosting us in these events. 

Yawn. Now Parliament Hill, that would have been something.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'm sick of outdoor games 

Agree 100%, but same as 1st round of playoffs will never be 5 games and wont have less than 82 reg season games, because in the end it is all about the mighty $$.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2016 at 8:42 AM, DON said:

Agree 100%, but same as 1st round of playoffs will never be 5 games and wont have less than 82 reg season games, because in the end it is all about the mighty $$.

You got it buddy the benjamins talk.