DD NHL's Third Star of the Week-Where Are the H8erz Now?

dd went 50 games without an even strength goal, while playing with the best offensive player the habs have had in decades.

DD on Team Canada ??? :rofl:

DD had six points this week. Stamkos/Crosby/Toews who? There are ten weeks left in the season, he's good for 85-100. Adios Sid, como estas Daveed.

Eller gets ripped because some fans overrate him because of a handful of playoff games while he's cold as ice for 75-85 games a year. His goal on Saturday was his first in fourteen games. DD would be run out on a rail with that production.

It's about time DD got noticed by the league for his brand of never-say-die playmaking. I expect those in charge of Hockey Canada will soon take notice when they assemble their World Cup of Hockey team.

eller is not playing and has not played with MaxPac. How much production would DD get with Prust and Sekac?

Eller gets ripped because some fans overrate him because of a handful of playoff games while he's cold as ice for 75-85 games a year. His goal on Saturday was his first in fourteen games. DD would be run out on a rail with that production.

Um, wait...

DD *does* go through that kind of drought. He's still here. Still kicking!

Plekanec gets 19:10 TOI per game, Deharnais gets 17:00 per game. As it stands right now, DD is our "#2" centre. So if you want to complain about someone not being worthy of their #1 centre usage, complain about Pleks, not DD.

Plekanec gets 19:10 TOI per game, Deharnais gets 17:00 per game. As it stands right now, DD is our "#2" centre. So if you want to complain about someone not being worthy of their #1 centre usage, complain about Pleks, not DD.

Last week it was pleks, now dd, started the season with dd, it will be pleks again......and nobody knows who will start the play offs playing first line center with pax.

whoever is playing with pax on the go to line is the first line center. agreed

Idealy and what is obviously been the plan since they drafted him is Chucky the number one center. Why? because they dont have one.

Except, if you're rolling roughly 3 even lines, you spread your offense out among them. That means we don't want our best center paired with Patches.

I'm generally in favor of doing this through most of even strength gameplay. It makes it very hard to defend against your team...you've got 3 lines to shut down instead of one. The exception comes late in a game when trailing - that's when you want all your best offensive stars on the ice at once.

The point stands - i'd love to have a top 10 centre on this team. We don't have one.

I do not believe that the centre position, however, is more important than any other position in the ice. It's not significantly more important than either wing, and it's less important than defense and goaltending. It's just another forward - who happens to take most of the faceoffs.

Except, if you're rolling roughly 3 even lines, you spread your offense out among them. That means we don't want our best center paired with Patches.

I'm generally in favor of doing this through most of even strength gameplay. It makes it very hard to defend against your team...you've got 3 lines to shut down instead of one. The exception comes late in a game when trailing - that's when you want all your best offensive stars on the ice at once.

I would agree with that. Even more on this squad, with has no obvious first line center

The point stands - i'd love to have a top 10 centre on this team. We don't have one.

I do not believe that the centre position, however, is more important than any other position in the ice. It's not significantly more important than either wing, and it's less important than defense and goaltending. It's just another forward - who happens to take most of the faceoffs.

We have a Top 10 LW, Top 5 D and Top 3 Goalie.

At center we have a Top 30 center in Plekanec in that defensively he's one of the best centers in the game but offensively he's at the weak end of the Top 30. Desharnais is again at the weak end of the Top 30 offensively but he still produces at a top six center clip.

It's not ideal. Nobody is arguing that it isn't. But until Galchenyuk develops into that #1 center, rolling with two players more ideal for second line C hasn't held us back from making the Eastern Conference finals.

• Upvote 4

We have a Top 10 LW, Top 5 D and Top 3 Goalie.

At center we have a Top 30 center in Plekanec in that defensively he's one of the best centers in the game but offensively he's at the weak end of the Top 30. Desharnais is again at the weak end of the Top 30 offensively but he still produces at a top six center clip.

It's not ideal. Nobody is arguing that it isn't. But until Galchenyuk develops into that #1 center, rolling with two players more ideal for second line C hasn't held us back from making the Eastern Conference finals.

We could be like the Flyers, the have the #1/#3 overall scoring leaders, and their #1 dman is...?

Another point is that Markov is an effective number one on most teams and he got Norris votes the last two years.

"no more important , centerman is just another forwardwho happens to take face offs". If that were so Chucky would be playing his natural position.

"goaltending in not everything .... unless you dont have it"

All positions are important obviously. Dont think anyone is listing them in order of importance..........but its been duly noted the habs are lacking a big talented number one center. Have been for a long time.

Yep, it would be nice to have that big, stud centreman.

Since everyone is agreed on this, I'm no sure what the arguing is about - nor do I see what relevance it has to DD's strengths and weaknesses as a hockey player.

Since everyone is agreed on this, I'm no sure what the arguing is about - nor do I see what relevance it has to DD's strengths and weaknesses as a hockey player.

That's my issue - you'd think based on some people's animosity that DD is using up space that we could use for a better player. He's not. If by some miracle we happen to acquire Steven Stamkos tomorrow, DD's still getting ice time - probably almost as much ice time as he's already getting. We're not overpaying him, nor is he even being overutilized. Lars Eller would find himself relegated to the pressbox, mind you.

it doesnt .... for the 20th time its is about the "strengths and weaknesses" of the TEAM.............. that their first line center is David Desharnais. It became about dd when over sensitive hab fans translated "the need for a true number one center man" , to dd and plekanic suck and should not be on the team. :cry_smile:

That's my issue - you'd think based on some people's animosity that DD is using up space that we could use for a better player. He's not. If by some miracle we happen to acquire Steven Stamkos tomorrow, DD's still getting ice time - probably almost as much ice time as he's already getting. We're not overpaying him, nor is he even being overutilized. Lars Eller would find himself relegated to the pressbox, mind you.

You didn't hear? Gainey took DD in the draft in front of Anze Kopitar and Jonathan Toews. Then PG had the chance to trade him for Sidney Crosby when he was hurt and didn't. On top of it all, MB gives him a max deal at 10 milllion a season. This guy is out of control.

You didn't hear? Gainey took DD in the draft in front of Anze Kopitar and Jonathan Toews. Then PG had the chance to trade him for Sidney Crosby when he was hurt and didn't. On top of it all, MB gives him a max deal at 10 milllion a season. This guy is out of control.

lol. i hear the leafs would play him as a first line center.............maybe the sabres. anybody else?

Well ya know how the Ducks have Getzlav but believed the lost to the kings because they were weaker down the middle. Went out and got Kesler for a second line center. Thats what i want on the habs. Untill then i will continue to say it is a weak spot for us. Down the middle. No offence to pleks and dd as they have never been considered, or paid like a top no 1 centerman. Doing the best they can.

Goaltending very strong

Top pair on D very strong

Wings no depth

Center position small , cant score

ya like that word hate dont ya.

DD is a fine number three center..............problem for the canadiens is he is THEIR first line center. That has always been my knock (on my habs and dd) that they need a true number one center to win a cup. Which DD is not. He is a talented, little, non physical, play maker. Who has performed poorly in every play off he has been involved in.

Where did you get he isn't physical? You must just read the box scores and make comments. If you watch the games you will see he does goes in the corners and he goes to the net and stays out front. Who labeled him as a number one? How many big true number ones are out there? Under 4 million and plays hard and gets points. The problem with a pass first player is if the shooter doesnt score it looks like he didnt do anything. DD has proven He doesnt need patches to be effective and can you blame him for not wanting to give him the puck?

Yup.

You would think Cynics must almost be running out of stuff to continuously whine about.

That lil centre is doing quite well and nice 2nd effort on goal.

• Upvote 1

Where did you get he isn't physical? You must just read the box scores and make comments. If you watch the games you will see he does goes in the corners and he goes to the net and stays out front. Who labeled him as a number one? How many big true number ones are out there? Under 4 million and plays hard and gets points. The problem with a pass first player is if the shooter doesnt score it looks like he didnt do anything. DD has proven He doesnt need patches to be effective and can you blame him for not wanting to give him the puck?

Well said. Points taken. To have as high an opinion of his play as you do I will still need to see what you are describing from DD in the play offs. Have seen it in bursts and only in reg season. But he has looked better as of late.