Valentine's Day Massacre: Canada's Shame vs. Canada's Team (7PM EST)

They survived having just four d-men for most of the period. That's a nice plus. Hopefully it's just precautionary for keeping Gonchar out of the game; he's listed as having an upper body injury.

The Bournival ice time tracker...he got a boost in ice time in the 2nd, 54 seconds. To spin that in a positive way, that's a whopping 20% jump in ice time.

Beaulieu and Bournival out on the same shift. Therrien must be drunk. :bonk:

Beaulieu is probably playing his best game as a Hab.

The only player I'd want is Fransen from this team of losers.

I wonder if MB is busy fleecing Nonis between periods.

I agree that it's great to see Nate Dogg make the required progress. We absolutely need him to come around as a reliable regular because we don't have the depth on D.

If only Tinordi was ready...

If only we hadn't given McDonagh away...

Tinordi MAY be ready, we won't know until the kid actually gets a chance.

Pretty crappy game again against a bottom feeder.

I agree that it's great to see Nate Dogg make the required progress. We absolutely need him to come around as a reliable regular because we don't have the depth on D.

If only Tinordi was ready...

If only we hadn't given McDonagh away...

Leafs one point further from the lottery, Habs 2 points closer to leading the league...

I am okay with this game.

I guess it's a little unsporting of me to want even more humiliation for les feuille

• Upvote 1

9 goals this season in 49 games. 5 are game winners. Weird value to his game on the offensive side of things. He has the worst +/- on the team out of our regulars so I don't know why people even bring up his defensive game. I really do think it'll be nice having him in the playoffs though. There'd be a lot of uncertainty heading into the playoffs without Bourque, Moen and Eller. I know (I said it) but they were our playoff performers last year after all (not so much Moen). I wouldn't be upset to see him go if it fills a void we're looking for though. I'd still rather see Desharnais go if we're even talking about packaging some players out for a nice return. He should have decent value as well. I'm also not trying to advocate trading either of them. I trust the right thing will be done and do agree that it's probably more likely Eller would be moved out of the two, especially from our end of things.

As for the game itself, I think we might actually win this one by a few goals. If the past is any indication of the future, then we shouldn't but I'll go out on a limb and say we win by at least 2-3 tonight.

funny when Eller is the worst plus minus on the team in reg season its pointed out that his d game is weak

when pleks in worse plus minus on team in play offs its "because of the great players he plays against"

Tinordi MAY be ready, we won't know until the kid actually gets a chance.

Pretty crappy game again against a bottom feeder.

Like to see him again with the big club.

Loafs worst team in nhl in 015. Played habs in montreal evenly.

Revelation game for Beaulieu.

De La Rose looked like the real deal. He's so good defensively.

We dominated the Leafs but just didn't have enough decent shots. Holzer blocked more shots than Bernie stopped it felt.

Galchenyuk looks like Bure on shootouts.

Beaulieu played the best ge of his career and looked pretty solid on the D.

I'm hoping Galchenyuk will look like Bure in the ge as well.

Revelation game for Beaulieu.

De La Rose looked like the real deal. He's so good defensively.

We dominated the Leafs but just didn't have enough decent shots. Holzer blocked more shots than Bernie stopped it felt.

Galchenyuk looks like Bure on shootouts.

De La Rose is surely giving Bergevin some really interesting problems. He's good. Really good. Do the Habs need Eller anymore? Or, if Eller plays well on the wing - and since he has size - does that make someone else expendable? I know it's early in Rosie O'DéLa's career, but I'm really impressed.

De La Rose is surely giving Bergevin some really interesting problems. He's good. Really good. Do the Habs need Eller anymore? Or, if Eller plays well on the wing - and since he has size - does that make someone else expendable? I know it's early in Rosie O'DéLa's career, but I'm really impressed.

I wish Gilbert hadn't already played for the useless Oilers, otherwise, who knows, Eller+Bournival+Gilbert or another prospect in place of Bournvial may have been enough to get Yakapov.

Yeah Colin I agree JDLR looks like a keeper and gives MB more options on the trade front.This is going to be a very interesting deadline. MB always has a thing or 2 up his sleeve.

I wish Gilbert hadn't already played for the useless Oilers, otherwise, who knows, Eller+Bournival+Gilbert or another prospect in place of Bournvial may have been enough to get Yakapov.

Throw Allen in there he is worthless should fit right in "in the city of losers". No offense to the unfortunate souls who live there.