Valentine's Day Massacre: Canada's Shame vs. Canada's Team (7PM EST)

De La Rose is surely giving Bergevin some really interesting problems. He's good. Really good. Do the Habs need Eller anymore? Or, if Eller plays well on the wing - and since he has size - does that make someone else expendable? I know it's early in Rosie O'DéLa's career, but I'm really impressed.

Moi aussi.

I guess it's a little unsporting of me to want even more humiliation for les feuille

Actually, and I have looked this up in the Habs hate Leafs Handbook, page 13, and I quote " there is no amount of humiliation for the Laffs that can be described as too much".

You're good.

De La Rose is surely giving Bergevin some really interesting problems. He's good. Really good. Do the Habs need Eller anymore? Or, if Eller plays well on the wing - and since he has size - does that make someone else expendable? I know it's early in Rosie O'DéLa's career, but I'm really impressed.

It'd be really hard to rely on de la Rose for much, if anything, come playoff time. As well as he has played, he's going to surpass his career high for games played in a season in the next month or so and he's still only 19. The 10 and 40 game thresholds (for contract purposes) notwithstanding, he's still really young. He may very well push Eller out one day. That day shouldn't be now though, it's too early to make that kind of a call definitively.

FreeBeer.jpg

One of those went up last year in every town . lol

It'd be really hard to rely on de la Rose for much, if anything, come playoff time. As well as he has played, he's going to surpass his career high for games played in a season in the next month or so and he's still only 19. The 10 and 40 game thresholds (for contract purposes) notwithstanding, he's still really young. He may very well push Eller out one day. That day shouldn't be now though, it's too early to make that kind of a call definitively.

Suppose you are right about that. Impressive as he has been.

After that 'sweet' victory, odds are up to 99.9% chance of making playoffs and on 113 pt pace.

Is having home ice in playoffs even a big advantage anymore?

Andrighetto got many fans quite excited after a couple productive games also.

After that 'sweet' victory, odds are up to 99.9% chance of making playoffs and on 113 pt pace.

Andrighetto is decent but small. habs are moving away from that type of player. Gallagher and DD will be the only smurfs getting full time work. Delarose has size

For me the big difference is that DLR isn't simply getting lucky on his shots. His all around game has been fantastic.

For me the big difference is that DLR isn't simply getting lucky on his shots. His all around game has been fantastic.

yes he has been good all 200 ft....... not just around the crease

I must admit I was hoping the Habs could get their hands on Franzen.

Yea, habs could use him back there. Preds sit tops in league and just improved depth.

Great to see NB jump in after 40 year old team mate, and d partner pancaked to the boards with a cheap hit. As Larry Robinson said "one of the most important unwritten rules is to sticking to for your team mates" Have not see a Canadien drop the gloves that fast (instinctively) since White on Boychuck when the Bruin took a run at Subban.

Prust is always willing however usually waits and methodically scraps later in game.

Ya, de la Rose is just like Eller when he started.

i never even noticed Eller when he first laced up for the habs. Do remember that fans were asking 'this is all we got for halak" Think dl Rose made a bigger splash than Larry

No.

• Upvote 1

The emergence of DLR is fantastic. Therrien says he reminds him of a young Jordan Staal. That statement is massive to me.

Parenteau & Eller on the bubble. Thomas suddenly making strides. Reway tearing up a men's league. Fucale is arguably the best jr. aged goaltender. Condon tearing up the AHL. Hudon possible rookie of the year in AHL. Andrighetto in the wings. Scherbak, McCarron & Lehkonen. Seems Dumont and Bournival particularly find themselves in no mans land.

There is serious package material here for the right player. I can't wait.