Detroit Fire of 2015: Habs @ Joe Louis Arena, 7:30 PM EST

Guest Stogey24

I would rather have sat Gilbert and given Pateryn a chance. If MT wants to send a message, should send it to that bum Gilbert. I'd also rather play Sekac over Malhotra.

Gilbert should be in the press box without a doubt. Give Pattery a look tonight, if he does shit the bed, throw him in the press box next game. Its really no different to if Gilbert played, except Patteryn might play well.

Another great GDT MOLG. Yes we need to play some fire wagon hockey and burn Detroit to the ground. Have fun at the game.

:gohabsgo::wavetowel::gohabsgo:

And let's not forget that Detroit began.. like Toronto... as a Montreal trading post for the fur trade.

Hope the fur flies tonight .. in the right direction... of course.

Detroit is one hell of a fine hockey organization.. not doubt because of its historical link to the world's best city.

Go Habs Go!!

Habs top picks which have been few in recent years, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Leblanc, AG, couple others.

Galchenyuk is a Hab, Beaulieu is a Hab, but Scherbak and McCarron are also long ways from NHL ready. Tinordi may not pan out (and I didn't like trading up to get to begin with)

And all the rest were low % to make NHL anyways.

So shouldn't be big shock or surprise. When trading away a 1st for Tanguay or a 2nd for Dominic Moore crap, comes back to bite you several years later.

Not only Montreal demands some defensive effort by rookies and are the Oilers at other end of spectrum (dumb end)

If thats so the habs need to stop revolving a dozen AHL stiffs in and out and calling it the fourth line.....for three consecutive seasons.

Manny, Prust, and SOMEBODY ....nobody goes to the finals without a fourth line.

If thats so the habs need to stop revolving a dozen AHL stiffs in and out and calling it the fourth line.....for three consecutive seasons.

Manny, Prust, and SOMEBODY ....nobody goes to the finals without a fourth line.

Seems to workin just fine, are winning arnt they for past 3 consecutive seasons.

And is good they have lots of bottom six options. ANd majority of NHL teams dont have superstars playing checking roles neither.

Not a big deal to complain about, having only 1 scorer barely in top 30 in the top 6 is more an issue to be dealt with.

AHL stiffs eh, so dont let any be called up...seems a much smarter way to go does it?

I like how the young players are getting looks in call ups over the season, or seasons. That's the way it used to be, you earned your spot, and your spot was determined by team needs, as was the call up determined, and you were developed to fill a team need, a la Guy Carbonneau.

Just read eotp for 5 minutes and couldn't stand the arrogance of the meatheads there second guessing the management, depth and coaching of the first place team in the East...like these keyboard GM's could do much better, and are absolutely right cause some twisted stat says so... when actually wins, and losses, and place in the standings mean nothing.

So many genius', and not enough whipping boys... and maybe we normal logical Hab fans will be cleansed of these all knowing turds, when they mass suicide after we win the cup next spring with MT as coach.... :halm:

• Upvote 2

Question for the board. Do the habs have a good system with the hamiton call ups or is it simply just nobody can score. I have come to expect nothing (but brief scouting reports from media and fans on call ups in Montreal). Don't even expect them to score. Might be why I felt slightly shocked when Thomas actually scored goal the other night. Checking the stats at a Dogs game one night, i see that the habs have called up 12 forwards from bulldogs over the last 3 seasons. They have played a combined 98 games (or so) for the Canadiens and scored a grand total of 5 goals between them. 12 forwrds 100 games 5 goals. That seem awfully low?? What ever happen to sprinkling new guy(s) through out the line up. Not just nailing them all on the 4th line and/or bench?

The production from players in the minors in recent years has been low relative to other teams for sure. Part of it is because they're getting used in depth roles instead of being put in a more optimal scoring role but it's also due to the fact that their call-up options haven't been all that great.

Look at last year's recalls - Leblanc, Blunden, Holland, Thomas, Dumont, St. Pierre, and Nattinen. Not exactly a veritable who's who of quality prospects with a lot of upside. They combined for the same NHL statline as I did last year, 0-0-0. Is that on the coach or the system...or just that they're not that good?

This year's group has been better - Thomas is further along in his development, Andrighetto actually has something resembling offensive upside, Bowman and Tangradi have lots of NHL experience, etc. Even though the production isn't a whole lot better yet (three goals), the overall performance has improved. I still wouldn't attribute that to the coach or the system though, just that the younger call-ups have another year of experience while the veteran recalls are better players than last year.

The Habs don't really have anyone down there that is a potential top six guy down the road that Therrien could try in that scoring role. Andrighetto and Hudon have the most upside but they're probably third line offensive players in the NHL. If they had prospects that could have more of an impact, I think you'd see not only more production but also more playing time for those prospects.

Why did Gilbert purposely try and dump soft shot in right at goalie?

Some of his decisions with puck are highly ??

Can't say I remember the exact play but sometimes you do that just to not be entirely predictable on where you dump the puck in.

Can't watch cuz I'm drunk. Good period?

I thought so. Lots of pace though not a whole lot of chances as both teams are playing well defensively.

Seems to workin just fine, are winning arnt they for past 3 consecutive seasons.

And is good they have lots of bottom six options. ANd majority of NHL teams dont have superstars playing checking roles neither.

Not a big deal to complain about, having only 1 scorer barely in top 30 in the top 6 is more an issue to be dealt with.

AHL stiffs eh, so dont let any be called up...seems a much smarter way to go does

Not asking for superstars on bottom six positions Don.

Talking about having a fourth line for the play offs that is not made up of six part time bull dogs.

"seems to be working just fine winning for three years" well Don with that thinking why change anything...."been winning for three years" why do anything at deadline, why add a d man, why look for another forward, TO GET EVEN BETTER ....duh ..........

Not asking for superstars on bottom six positions Don.

Talking about having a fourth line for the play offs that is not made up of 9 bulldogs.

We had a pretty good 4th line made up of vets at the beginning of the season before we made some trades. Management's decision I guess.

I thought it was a decent first period as well. Kind of reminded me of a playoff game actually. Detroit's arena is one of the toughest places to be successful in the league.

Guest Stogey24

We had a pretty good 4th line made up of vets at the beginning of the season before we made some trades. Management's decision I guess.

I thought it was a decent first period as well. Kind of reminded me of a playoff game actually. Detroit's arena is one of the toughest places to be successful in the league.

That's a decent period? Yikes