Habs acquire Brian Flynn

Meller93

Is it just me or does this seem like a precursor move?

Flynn seems to be a guy who would be displacing Weisse, Prust, Malhotra, Bournival and potentially moving one of these 4 up the lineup if Eller was moved. I can't see Weisse going anywhere. If the chemistry in the room wasn't so good, it could be possibly to move Prust, but can't see that happening.

Flynn seems to be a guy who would be displacing Weisse, Prust, Malhotra, Bournival and potentially moving one of these 4 up the lineup if Eller was moved. I can't see Weisse going anywhere. If the chemistry in the room wasn't so good, it could be possibly to move Prust, but can't see that happening.

I agree, I know none of us are in the room, but Prust and Weise seem like real good guys in that room. Again, I'm not there, but does anyone feel like Eller's poor production and downtrodden psyche might be one of the few guys who don't help the room dynamic?

I have a feeling the habs might be going hard after Marleau or another forward.

Quite the playoff resume on old marleau

I have a feeling the habs might be going hard after Marleau or another forward.

Did not know the sharks were interested in moving him. Expensive. But quite the player to aquire on deadline day.

Guest Stogey24

Flinn got beat up by Kessel last year. Not really sure how he's a better option for the fourth line than Bournival or any of the young guys in Hamilton

Flinn got beat up by Kessel last year. Not really sure how he's a better option for the fourth line than Bournival or any of the young guys in Hamilton

Yeah, but Phil really wanted that chocolate cookie Flynn had in his pocket... :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but Phil really wanted that chocolate cookie Flynn had in his pocket... :)

No. It's the nuts in his pocket. You know, the nuts that Phil always has in his cheeks? Seriously, he's related to squirrels, right?

No. It's the nuts in his pocket. You know, the nuts that Phil always has in his cheeks? Seriously, he's related to squirrels, right?

For a second I thought you were going in a very dark humour direction with that nuts joke

Its all about depth. First Flynn and then Mitchell. Throw them together with DSP, Prust, Eller, DLR and you have a solid bottom six.

Too bad Eller or Parenteau weren't dealt, the top six still has me puzzled..?

MB can see that MT does not like to play Bournival every night. Does not like to give him that many shifts when he is in the line up. Rarely see's the ice in the second half of the game (if the habs are down). Maybe MB was thinking Flinn (being a vet) will get a regular shift and not be a healthy scratch once a week? I like Bournival, but what you see is all he'll ever be playing six minutes a night with other part timers.

I like coaches that show confidence in the young guys and disperse them through out their line up. Sekac on first line the other night in Anahiem. Smith was Shark for about eight minutes when he finds himself out there playing with Pavelski and Couture.

in: smith-pelly, petry, Flynn + Mitchell (soon) and getting gonchar + parenteau back from injury

out: sekac, pateryn, bournival, tinordi

there may be some adjusting needed to get through this transition period.

in: smith-pelly, petry, Flynn + Mitchell (soon) and getting gonchar + parenteau back from injury

out: sekac, pateryn, bournival, tinordi

there may be some adjusting needed to get through this transition period.

Yes, the final twenty games ample oppurtunity.

but you can bet that what ever MT comes up with for line combos by the end of the season.............will remain intact for most of the first play off game.

It turns out that the Habs weren't the only team that had interest in Flynn. From Pierre LeBrun:

A source told ESPN.com that on Saturday the Bruins offered the Sabres two second-round picks in exchange for Stewart, goalie Michal Neuvirth and depth forward Brian Flynn.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/12413157/nhl-trade-deadline-boston-bruins-gave-their-all-load-deadline

I think Flynn has some skill, and read a scouting report that said he has the ability to put up some points as a 3rd or 4th liner, we will see I guess.

We were winning with Bournival and Thomas in the lineup, no reason we can't with a better 4th line with Mitchell and Flynn. Mitchell spent some time on the west coast, so is familiar with physical games, and is a good skater and penalty killer, so looking forward to what they can bring as an infusion of experienced NHL players as opposed to rookies that Therrien isn't going to want to give ice time to anyway.