Habs vs. Capitals, 7:30PM: We suck or we win the Cup

Got to say, was an 'entertaining' game and if gonna give Ovi-Backstrom PP chances it will cost you.

Eller & DD went 13-35 on faceoffs.

Seemed some very weak shootout attempts by Habs.

Not sure which goals Price was supposed to of stopped? 3 of the 4 were PPGs. But some seem to have to find someone to 'blame'.

I would point more to lazy stick infractions and the inevitable puck over glass by Carey (which will happen, as much as he likes to shoot puck)

Galchenyuuk 20:06 icetime, added 2a, +2 :thumbs_up:

DD played some super hockey also.

Subban has set career highs 15g 57pts, has 5 pts last 3 games and is 3rd in d-scoring.

You are absolutely correct Don, the idea that Price is a sieve is beyond ludicrous. Talk about what have you done for me lately. 3 power play goals made the difference, 2 were unstoppable, at least 1 was tipped, you can dress him up like Jesus but he ain't a miracle worker. Our powerplay sucked, theirs was very good. To all those who believe the power play is not an important factor in a game, go watch last nights game 5 times. Maybe you will catch on.The awesome defensive team we are supposed to have hasn't looked like it in the last 2 games at least. Patches needs to get his mojo going, I think this 40 goal thing freezes him up. Fughget about it go play hockey.

You are absolutely correct Don, the idea that Price is a sieve is beyond ludicrous. Talk about what have you done for me lately. 3 power play goals made the difference, 2 were unstoppable, at least 1 was tipped, you can dress him up like Jesus but he ain't a miracle worker. Our powerplay sucked, theirs was very good. To all those who believe the power play is not an important factor in a game, go watch last nights game 5 times. Maybe you will catch on.The awesome defensive team we are supposed to have hasn't looked like it in the last 2 games at least. Patches needs to get his mojo going, I think this 40 goal thing freezes him up. Fughget about it go play hockey.

Thats right boys. Even when Carey has an average game he is the best player in a habs shirt nightly.

Every play off game we enjoy watching this year we can thank carey for.....without him habs are tenth place tops.

• Upvote 1

Argue what you want about them being good goals, powerplay goals, doesn't matter. On almost any other night, Price stops at least 2 of those. He also stops all the shootout attempts most night. He's just that good.

If he looks average, decent, or even "pretty good," -- anything less than "O My God he's awesome!," for him, that's being a sieve. Price is better than that. Last night, he wasn't. No big deal, it happens to even the best players at times. The point is, the habs outplayed Washington and for a change, looked they they should have handily won that game. Only they didn't. What it means is it's not a reason to panic - we've had more than a few badly played games go our way and managed to get 2 points out of them this year, which were more reasons to panic than last night. If we played every game of the year the way we played last night against Washington, but with Price at his usual level of godliness, we'd have 10-20 more points than we have right now. Last night's game was fun to watch, and seeing our players score while keeping opposing chances to a minimum was wonderful. The final score didn't match the game played on the ice.

Put it another way - if as a team, the habs' skaters play just like that for the next 25ish games, but Carey Price goes back to playing like he has the rest of the year, we'll have 3 or 4 more regular season wins, and 16 playoff wins and big piece of engraved silver to cheer about. The habs played better against Washington in that loss than they did in most of their wins this season.