Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

So Gilbert giving away the puck in front of Price is ok? Is he actually watching this team? Maybe he is not ducking the questions, maybe he don't know the answers. Just a little devil's advocate for you Don.

Well Le Genius, dig out that bottle of Scotch and turn the magic blender on go fast, cause if we lose tonight, this team is in trouble.

Get some of the bangers in front of the net, crowd Anderson, knock him down a couple of times (accidently of course), get him off his game. Stop playing like we have the great pumpkin on our side and play like hell to win. THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME.

For the Sens that is a fair statement, not so much for Habs.

So Gilbert giving away the puck in front of Price is ok? Is he actually watching this team? Maybe he is not ducking the questions, maybe he don't know the answers. Just a little devil's advocate for you Don.

Well Le Genius, dig out that bottle of Scotch and turn the magic blender on go fast, cause if we lose tonight, this team is in trouble.

Get some of the bangers in front of the net, crowd Anderson, knock him down a couple of times (accidently of course), get him off his game. Stop playing like we have the great pumpkin on our side and play like hell to win. THIS IS A MUST WIN GAME.

For the Sens that is a fair statement, not so much for Habs.

We cannot give them the momentum of a win in Montreal. Our guys will lose confidence and start grpping their sticks too tight. Ottawa has been in this position for 25 games, no big deal to them. They will gain confidence and be more energised. It is time for the kill shot, get em outa here.

Tonight is the night! We gotta take out the trash and not sit back and let the Hens come at us like they did in the last two games. We have to be the aggressors and get in close to Anderson. If we lose tonight, this will get ugly!

We cannot give them the momentum of a win in Montreal. Our guys will lose confidence and start grpping their sticks too tight. Ottawa has been in this position for 25 games, no big deal to them. They will gain confidence and be more energised. It is time for the kill shot, get em outa here.

Will be sweet to win today, but a loss would be too funny to hear the cynics ramp it up and lose it. :argue:

(dont worry, come in off the ledge, will be easy win today sir)

Will be sweet to win today, but a loss would be too funny to hear the cynics ramp it up and lose it. :argue:

(dont worry, come in off the ledge, will be easy win today sir)

I think a nice 3-1 win would be ok.

Therrien was asked about Gonchar and Paranteau yesterday and said he was happy with current lineup up as is. I like where we are in the series. So highly doubt any changes to roster.

Said he liked Pateryn's play, great 1st pass and solid in own end.

Team just needs "bit better EXECUTION (was his word of the day), was a the failure to execute breakout on the Sens goal."

"Was tight checking close game, like all have been, I liked our start to game, both goalies played great, I cant wait till tomorrow, should be another good game."

He also was questioned about PP; "we talk about the PP everyday." "Need to execute, take the right shot at right time, net front presence, bla bla bla" When asked about more specifics, he again smartly gave a poilitcal answer "I am not gonna talk about Xs and Os, we would be here all day." haha

He is very good at ducking questions, which seems smart ploy.

EXECUTION has been Therriens word of the year................every time the habs play poorly, or the powerplay is laughable he uses that word. In other words we have a great plan, a great sysyem and a great powerplay, but the PLAYERS failed to EXECUTE it.

Carey and the boys deserve alot of credit winning as many games as they have with that clown coaching?

The game does come down to execution though really doesn't it? Like burying your chances, or make that crucial clearing play, that save, that face off win...

I don't really think that what coach Mike said was implying his plan was the end all, or that it wasn't his fault in any way, I just took it for what he said, execution of plays, not necessarily drawn up X's and O's, but making the most of crucial moments etc, execution.

I also don't think any of this speculation by the negative panel qualifies Therrien as a clown either. In fact it makes one ponder what a clown really behaves or looks like since the Habs have been notably well coached and adjustments made by coach worked out great for this series so far... :monkey:

The game does come down to execution though really doesn't it? Like burying your chances, or make that crucial clearing play, that save, that face off win...

I don't really think that what coach Mike said was implying his plan was the end all, or that it wasn't his fault in any way, I just took it for what he said, execution of plays, not necessarily drawn up X's and O's, but making the most of crucial moments etc, execution.

I also don't think any of this speculation by the negative panel qualifies Therrien as a clown either. In fact it makes one ponder what a clown really behaves or looks like since the Habs have been notably well coached and adjustments made by coach worked out great for this series so far... :monkey:

I'll pump therriens tires when he actually wins some thing, or builds a decent powerplay, or stops playing a tiny third line center on the top line night after night, I'll even cut him some temporary slack if his team does not blow a 3-0 series lead over the worst team to make the play offs....until he accomplishes ONE of those things ....just one......he is a passenger on this club that may as well be driving the bus, then the bus driver could take a shot at fixing his powerplay. :monkey:

GO HABS

I'll pump therriens tires when he actually wins some thing, or builds a decent powerplay, stops playing a small third line center on the top line night after night, even give him a nod if his team does not blow a 3-0 series lead over the worst team to make the play offs....untill he accomplishes ONE of those things ....just one......he is a passenger on this club that may as well be driving the bus, so the bus driver can take a shot at fixing his powerplay.

GO HABS

Worst post ever?

He either needs to beat the worst playoff team ever OR win the Stanley Cup?

How does that make sense.

I'm more mad about the last two nights in terms of entertainment. Losses can be entertaining. Watching one goal in two games is not.

Let's see the MVP of games 1-70 put on his big boy pants. This is going to take a shutout or another one goal game. The team won a couple off mediocre goalie performances this series, he needs to show why the hockey world is lined up the corner to sniff his jock strap.

Worst post ever?

He either needs to beat the worst playoff team ever OR win the Stanley Cup?

How does that make sense.

I'm more mad about the last two nights in terms of entertainment. Losses can be entertaining. Watching one goal in two games is not.

Let's see the MVP of games 1-70 put on his big boy pants. This is going to take a shutout or another one goal game. The team won a couple off mediocre goalie performances this series, he needs to show why the hockey world is lined up the corner to sniff his jock strap.

Just some sarcasm after a loss. You of all posters should recognize that.

Ton of pressure on Carey. Hey Price! "put on your big boy pants" and get us the win!

Then we can go back to talking about what a great coach Michelle is..

Seriously though, i agree that to get the fourth win its up the leader and mvp that got us all the other wins. David Desharnais. Our number one center, and powerplay play star. :rofl:

just kidding.,....Carey has to get us the win. Like all the talking heads on tsn, sportsnet are saying....

"Sens cant beat Price four games in a row".

its pretty much come down to........GO CAREY!!!

Off I go on my 13 hour drive to Ottawa for game 6. I totally didn't plan for this the last few days, I was assuming Habs would close it out. Don't worry boys, I'll wake them up when I get there

• Upvote 1

Off I go on my 13 hour drive to Ottawa for game 6. I totally didn't plan for this the last few days, I was assuming Habs would close it out. Don't worry boys, I'll wake them up when I get there

Go for it Will ! You have tickets for a likely game 7 too dont ya?

Yep, Price has to be better. The team is BUILT on his excellence. If the cornerstone crumbles, the whole edifice comes down.

(And no offence, but we all knew that unless the Habs won the Cup, Habs30/31 would play the 'I told you so' game. No surprise there).

Personally, I think the team fell into the trap of over-confidence after going up 3-0. They let the Comeback Kids back into the narrative, just as I feared; now all of Ottawa's intangible advantages, which the Habs so effectively neutralized in the series' first half, are back in play. But the idea that this team is "actually" as bad as it's looked for the last two nights is silly. We're better than that; the trick will be to find our way back to who we really are on short notice.

Expectations.

I guess they should apologize for winning the 1st three games and getting everyone all excited.

Just lIke they are supposed to for even having a Price.

5 or 6 game series was most popular option for this series, so seems a bit overreaction for a game they outplayed Sens, but Anderson was difference.

Yep, Price has to be better. The team is BUILT on his excellence. If the cornerstone crumbles, the whole edifice comes down.

(And no offence, but we all knew that unless the Habs won the Cup, Habs30/31 would play the 'I told you so' game. No surprise there).

Personally, I think the team fell into the trap of over-confidence after going up 3-0. They let the Comeback Kids back into the narrative, just as I feared; now all of Ottawa's intangible advantages, which the Habs so effectively neutralized in the series' first half, are back in play. But the idea that this team is "actually" as bad as it's looked for the last two nights is silly. We're better than that; the trick will be to find our way back to who we really are on short notice.

price was near perfect in game 4......and we lost. Price has to be better than he was last night, but he can be first star and they can still lose . t

With the types of shots they are taking they would make red light racicot look like vezina.

This is not about expectations, this is about having the eye of the tiger, a sense of urgency, knowing when you have your opponent on the ropes and finishing them off. You don't take a 3-0 lead and give the other team life - see what happened to the pens last year.

Expectations.

I guess they should apologize for winning the 1st three games and getting everyone all excited.

5 or 6 game series was most popular option for this series, so seems a bit overreaction for a game they outplayed Sens, but Anderson was difference.

With the types of shots they are taking they would make red light racicot look like vezina.

This is not about expectations, this is about having the eye of the tiger, a sense of urgency, knowing when you have your opponent on the ropes and finishing them off. You don't take a 3-0 lead and give the other team life - see what happened to the pens last year.

100 per cent correct and why I said yesterday was a must win. We are in a dog fight now, and we are going to find out about the fight in this dog.

Expectations.

The team can do no wrong. Aint that sweet.

Yesterday was not a must win, tomorrow isn't a must win neither.

Hell we don't have to win any games, we can just lose, which is what we are doing right forking now. Your uncle Mike needs a kick in the a$$ if we are going to turn this around. Take the blinders off man.

How many games have they had 45+ shots and lost? Oddity, but happens and maybe any coaching changes wouldnt of mattered one bit?

You also talk as if Habs are the one down 3-2 in series.

How many games have they had 45+ shots and lost? Oddity, but happens and maybe any coaching changes wouldnt of mattered one bit?

Hard to tell how i'm "talking" when i'm typing not talking. For example you "talk" like the habs are the only good team in the nhl. I'm sure you dont think that but it sure comes across like that. :thumbs_up: "know what i mean jelly bean"

Guest Stogey24

Yesterday was not a must win, tomorrow isn't a must win neither.

Every game in a series is a must win. When you start thinking games don't matter, you lose.

Well they are playing like the are up 3-0 and they are not. The reason I am concerned is the last 2 games look an awfull lot like most of the games they have played aginst this team in the past 2 years. NO Goals. When you have a history of not playing poor clubs well, and losing to this club consistantly, that makes me nervous. Not saying they are going to lose but adjustments need to be made. 45 shots 1 goal is indicative of a team that can't score. I didn't say a coaching change I said a kick in the a$$ because he is not making any adjustments to counter Ottawa. JMO and we better win Sunday. Maybe they scared and embarrased themselves and are ready to score some goals now. Fork I hope so.