Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Should we really make all that much out of the SOG totals, though? Teams that are trailing all game usually outshoot their opponents, you'll notice. The other team just blocks out the slot and lets the team take lots of perimeter shots. Hell, we do that all the time, and it's one piece of evidence critics use to say we suck. But it's not a very good measure.

But it isn't a stat for a team that has mailed in the game, nor were the Habs outplayed for most of game.

So just wondering what he meant Habs playing like the series is 3-0? What should they be doing different or doing less of?

I think the Habs blew a huge opportunity in game 4. The Sens were ripe for the picking. Now Andi is giving them some serious false hopes...

If they blow this, it will be the biggest post season choke in recent memory. The Kings and the Flyers went to the Cup final. The Sens will be out in a short series vs DET or TB.

I think the Habs blew a huge opportunity in game 4. The Sens were ripe for the picking. Now Andi is giving them some serious false hopes...

If they blow this, it will be the biggest post season choke in recent memory. The Kings and the Flyers went to the Cup final. The Sens will be out in a short series vs DET or TB.

The Bruins won the cup the year after their choke too. Sweet I wanna choke and hoist the mug in 2016

Red light racicot could have had a shutout with the type of shots we got last game. Shots from the point and perimeter, with zero net presence.

Panic time is it?

How do you play like up 3-0, with 46 shots?

Should we really make all that much out of the SOG totals, though? Teams that are trailing all game usually outshoot their opponents, you'll notice. The other team just blocks out the slot and lets the team take lots of perimeter shots. Hell, we do that all the time, and it's one piece of evidence critics use to say we suck. But it's not a very good measure.

Thats right. At 3-0 sens were protecting a lead. Not going for goal the way the habs were. Still out scored from that point on 2-1.

If the Habs can't get motivated looking over at Det-TB series and seeing that their nemesis is on the ropes and may be knocked out, then something is wrong with them. The effort better be there tonight; by the forwards to battle their way to the front of the net and screen Anderson, and by our D-men to box out the Sens so Price can see shots.

If the Habs can't get motivated looking over at Det-TB series and seeing that their nemesis is on the ropes and may be knocked out, then something is wrong with them. The effort better be there tonight; by the forwards to battle their way to the front of the net and screen Anderson, and by our D-men to box out the Sens so Price can see shots.

Good point. But i believe to a player the Habs are all motivated . What i see is an ottawa team that made some adjustment after losing three games by a hair. They have done just enough to limit good scoring chances. Frustrating the habs. Habs as a team have yet to counter the adjustments sens made.

Game 5 Subban was trying to do too much.

Something I've noticed the past few games is the blatant interference by the Sens. Watch how they are essentially shadowing each player, directing and impeding their progress. Seemingly the refs aren't calling it so the Habs have to adjust

Guest Stogey24

Something I've noticed the past few games is the blatant interference by the Sens. Watch how they are essentially shadowing each player, directing and impeding their progress. Seemingly the refs aren't calling it so the Habs have to adjust

I've really noticed that too

As been said habs big players are not playing the way they have to, some cant. If the habs are gonna win game 6 the damage will have to be done by CP, PK, and the bottom six. They are the best play off performers this team has going right now.

Is MT going with his usual move when it comes to Paps. From not good enough to play to first line and powerplay?

Have to play through it.

Also sens are not exactly terrified to play short handed. They'll risk the penalties.

That, and Turris cheats on every single faceoff.

Also sens are not exactly terrified to play short handed. They'll risk the penalties.

Wouldn't you? The gang that can shoot straight (at the goalie) aren't scaring anybody.

Wouldn't you? The gang that can shoot straight (at the goalie) aren't scaring anybody.

For sure i would. It's not like the sens see the habs powerplay is in a funk. They know what the habs do, they know how shut it down...and heres the kicker for them..............the habs apparently don't know what else to do. So they do the same thing for the last 200 plus powerplays.

A penalty filled game would favor anyone playing us. Not good.