Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Mark Reeds, Ottawa Senators assistant coach passed away from cancer today.

Damn. Sad news.

On the other hand, I hope that this will not create some kind of a motivational boost for the Sens...

Very sad news indeed. It's amazing what the Sens accomplished even before you consider the emotional hardships they were all enduring to some degree.

But if there was ever any doubt that we were facing a Team of Destiny, there ain't now.

just 2 sleeps and real hockey starts.

This is EXCITING!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Really good.. the only part that scared me was the list of Ottawa snipers... :nuts:

Haha, yes T-OHab, Alex is a Debutante, ready for his coming out party..I guess you could say that would make him the Belle(Centre)-of-the-Ball! :ph34r:

Hahahaha! Excellent icewater!

Mark Reeds, Ottawa Senators assistant coach passed away from cancer today.

May God bless his soul and welcome him to Home ice. Death is a little too real sometimes.

Two things will determine if the Habs can win this series. 1) The first game and 2) Max Pac

1) If the Habs can get to Hammond often and soon in the first game, he will REALLY feel the pressure of what it's like to play in the playoffs in Montreal.

2) If Max Pac can come back in the 2nd game of this series, it will go a long way to help us get through the hens.

Some good news, Chris Neil is expected to be a scratch tomorrow. His presence seems to throw a few Habs off their game so him not playing should help.

I'm sure when the GDT opens (Don's up to keep his streak alive), we'll see a bit more activity. Three days between games always makes for a quiet day on here.

Are already playoffs going on...just not NHL.

Pick #176 of 2013 has 8g 17pts in 8 games and may be another Timmins find late in draft.

Fucale has broken Q-playoff win record for goalie.

so not totally devoid of hockey.

So Pacioretty will be absent for 1st game or two eh? Rest him for Tampa.

I make the odds 50/50 of getting through

- Carey has to be Carey - Pax in the lineup asap - apart from that I think you need to keep banging on Karlson and I would like to see our original shots on net (forwards) coming from center region as opposed to trying to jam it in on the short side--- I am not opposed to bring up a defenseman to play in front of net on the PP if all else fails

I have a good feeling about this particular roster heading into the playoffs. The ton of quality depth gives Therien great options. Team to team he can adjust accordingly and the potency doesn't vary much.

Wildcard PAP. I have a strange feeling he's going to come alive. A little part of me wants to see Tinordi vs Ottawa. Keep those big Sens Dmen in check. Finally. This time of year.. Malhotra has to dress. Habs want to play a puck possession game. They need the puck.

Looking forward to the black aces influx!

Pacioretty will play

I think so too

I make the odds 50/50 of getting through

- Carey has to be Carey - Pax in the lineup asap - apart from that I think you need to keep banging on Karlson and I would like to see our original shots on net (forwards) coming from center region as opposed to trying to jam it in on the short side--- I am not opposed to bring up a defenseman to play in front of net on the PP if all else fails

Like your idea of a d in front on pp. Will be shocked if MT employs it however.

I have a good feeling about this particular roster heading into the playoffs. The ton of quality depth gives Therien great options. Team to team he can adjust accordingly and the potency doesn't vary much.

Wildcard PAP. I have a strange feeling he's going to come alive. A little part of me wants to see Tinordi vs Ottawa. Keep those big Sens Dmen in check. Finally. This time of year.. Malhotra has to dress. Habs want to play a puck possession game. They need the puck.

Looking forward to the black aces influx!

Manny should be playing with out question.

Guest Stogey24

I think Stogey is just being optomistic, or he has Le Genius' phone #.

I did have it, but he changes it so much I can't keep track ;)