Series Discussion Thread: Habs vs Senators

dlbalr

Gonna be a long series I think. Dont like the way the habs played down the stretch. Sens riding a wave.

Pumped for this series. Rivalries are made when teams meet often in play offs. This may be one in the making.

Definitely. The hatred is still sticking around from 2013

So excited for the game tonight! I think in this series game 1 will be more important than ever, especially for the Habs. Personally, I would be very surprised if Patch is playing tonight but I think this team is capable of steeping up without him. Hopefully MT has a plan for dealing with Karlsson and makes him pay a price as often as possible.

:gohabsgo::gohabsgo::gohabsgo:

Patches is a no, Milan Michalek is a yes for Sens.

Whatever, we got Price.

Of all the ridiculous things that can happen 2 games before the end of the year. Gheesh!

I mean.. gulp.

Boy, do I hate this matchup. Just loathe it. Between Muckler's cancer and the tragic death of assistant coach Mark Reeds, as well as the 'little team that could' narrative and the hot goalie, we are basically going up against the 2002 Montreal Canadiens. That's the 'Koivu cancer' team, with Theodore playing out of his mind and the whole team super-motivated, with enough intangibles to fill a stadium. The team that eliminated Boston and almost beat Carolina on sheer emotion.

Losing Patches doesn't help either, although I also think the secondary cast may surprise people. Between PAP, Eller, Pleks, DD actually shooting the puck, Galy and Gally, there's enough there to score 'surprise' offence IF everyone plays up to potential.

Nevertheless, the intangibles are 100% wrong in this series. As Obi-Wan Kenobi might say, I have a bad feeling about this... This is going to go down as one of those painful series where we lose to an inferior team and try not to think about it for the rest of our lives IMHO.

What is up with the total lack of respect for this Canadiens team? Yes, it is not a perfect team, winning the series of no garantee and the Sens are a good team too but it is no fluke that the Canadiens won the division, which includes Tampa, a team that everyone seems to love.

What is up with the total lack of respect for this Canadiens team? Yes, it is not a perfect team, winning the series of no garantee and the Sens are a good team too but it is no fluke that the Canadiens won the division, which includes Tampa, a team that everyone seems to love.

Every year there's one or two teams that get pegged as possible upsets. Anaheim and Montreal are those teams this year since Anaheim had to win most of their games by one goal and Habs leaned on Price the whole year.

Every year there's one or two teams that get pegged as possible upsets. Anaheim and Montreal are those teams this year since Anaheim had to win most of their games by one goal and Habs leaned on Price the whole year.

Yeah, most analysts I read/hear are saying the Habs are the better team, as such, but that it's a horrible matchup when you factor in the Sens' hot streak, goalie, and intangibles, along with MaxPac's absence. I don't think that's 'disrespect' necessarily - just a fairly realistic appraisal, really.

Yeah, most analysts I read/hear are saying the Habs are the better team, as such, but that it's a horrible matchup when you factor in the Sens' hot streak, goalie, and intangibles, along with MaxPac's absence. I don't think that's 'disrespect' necessarily - just a fairly realistic appraisal, really.

Ya got that right.

Boy, do I hate this matchup. Just loathe it. Between Muckler's cancer and the tragic death of assistant coach Mark Reeds, as well as the 'little team that could' narrative and the hot goalie, we are basically going up against the 2002 Montreal Canadiens. That's the 'Koivu cancer' team, with Theodore playing out of his mind and the whole team super-motivated, with enough intangibles to fill a stadium. The team that eliminated Boston and almost beat Carolina on sheer emotion.

Losing Patches doesn't help either, although I also think the secondary cast may surprise people. Between PAP, Eller, Pleks, DD actually shooting the puck, Galy and Gally, there's enough there to score 'surprise' offence IF everyone plays up to potential.

Nevertheless, the intangibles are 100% wrong in this series. As Obi-Wan Kenobi might say, I have a bad feeling about this... This is going to go down as one of those painful series where we lose to an inferior team and try not to think about it for the rest of our lives IMHO.

Hahahahahah! I figger that there are convents full of nuns who have been praying ferverently for a Sens victory. I would not be surprised it there isn't a black cloud over the Habs plane as it flies to Ottawa on Sunday. Even I want them to win! And I'm a Habs fan!!!!

Ya got that right.

Gulp

We have all the momentum right now, hope we stick Hamburglar to the grill with 6 goals next game and bury them in doubt.

With all the talk about how fast they are and have the Habs number, game 1 sure looked to me that the Habs indeed have a better team, and in terms of defense core and depth, there is no comparison. Not counting the miracle Sens out, I just think the Habs looked like the better team, and I believe they are.

In my mind, the Habs could have created a lot more offense if the Senator defensemen were not permitted to mug the Habs forwards after they ship the puck into the Sens zone. The interference is unbelievable ya ask me...

What do you guys think will be the effect of Cameron's statements? NHL isn't going to like it, but I like the fact that it puts the attention on them, since the Refs saw fit to call the Habs on everything, and the Sens for nothing in game 1.

I hope we keep punishing them. More dirty play and cheap tricks (not to injure but to inflict pain). They should regret ever facing us. Damnit, Im starting to sound like some kind of sith lord.

I think we were the better team and deserved the win. They were given one hell of a chance to run away with it from the refs and totally failed. We did exactly what I wanted us to. We got under their skin. Most of their best players are young and easy to get to. That was obvious.

So who is out when/if Pacs returns? De LaRose?

Damnit, Im starting to sound like some kind of sith lord.

Good. Goooood. Strike the Senators down and take your place in the second round! Give in to your anger and your journey toward the dark side will be complete!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion I gain strength.

Through strength I gain power.

Through power I gain victory.

Through victory my chains are broken.

(I'm a complete sci-fi nerd. Don't mind me.)

• Upvote 1

Don't know if it was posted last night at the time, but did anyone notice Alex totally run over Karlsson to create the turnover that led to Pleks beauty goal? We gotta keep punishing him or he could be trouble. Keep it up boys, because his 140 lbs is bound to breakdown!

Good. Goooood. Strike the Senators down and take your place in the second round! Give in to your anger and your journey toward the dark side will be complete!Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength.Through strength I gain power.Through power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.(I'm a complete sci-fi nerd. Don't mind me.)

Me too. Playing Star Wars The old republic now and then but lets stay on topic. ?