What Does Edmonton's Lottery Win Mean For Us?

ForumGhost

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that based on size you would have turned down Wayne Gretzy and Bobby Orr

Back in the 80's, the average size of an NHLer was much smaller than it is today. gretzky was 6 foot tall, which was a little bigger than average at that time. Let's not forget that he had Dave Semenko at his side!

All i'm saying is that had we not had soo many smallish forwards (Pleky, Gally, Desharnais) i'd be OK with trading for Eberle. If we do trade for him, I hope we can send a smurf the other way!! cough cough Desharnais.

Back in the 80's, the average size of an NHLer was much smaller than it is today. gretzky was 6 foot tall, which was a little bigger than average at that time. Let's not forget that he had Dave Semenko at his side!

All i'm saying is that had we not had soo many smallish forwards (Pleky, Gally, Desharnais) i'd be OK with trading for Eberle. If we do trade for him, I hope we can send a smurf the other way!! cough cough Desharnais.

I don't disagree. As we see from this series we are way to easy to knock down, and push around. Gretzky was only 180 lbs. Now Semenko that is a different story.

Montreal Top Six

Pacioretty: 6'2", 217lbs

Galchenyuk: 6'2", 205lbs

Smith-Pelly: 6", 222lbs

Plekanec: 5'11", 198lbs

Gallagher: 5'9", 180lbs

Desharnais: 5'7", 170lbs

New York Top Six:

Nash: 6'4", 213lbs

Kreider: 6'3", 226lbs

Brassard: 6'1", 202lbs

Stepan: 6", 196lbs

St. Louis (currently on third line but only as strategy vs. Pittsburgh to spread offence): 5'8", 176lbs

Zuccarello: 5'7", 179lbs

Top two teams in the east. Doesn't look like that big of a difference to me.

Nugent for who ??

A top tier #2 defender like Roman Jossi, or a high end goalie like Ryan Miller. Mentioned those two because Nashville is stacked with defense and Vancouver has Lack performing at a high caliber. Oilers will want quality for Nuge and Eberle.

Ryan Miller high end goalie? Sv%.911 32nd in the league, GA 2.53 27th in the league. He WAS considered to be a high end goalie but not since he left Buffalo. Of course that is jmo.

Well put.

Miller is not a high end goalie. Thats why his new team is in the play offs and he aint playing. Would not be playing even if he was healthy. Could not provide high end goaltending for blues in last years first round so they showed him the door quickly. Never lived up to his big name and paycheck when it mattered. Even in Buffalo. Some regular season heroics and high lite saves was his peak.

Miller is not a high end goalie. Thats why his new team is in the play offs and he aint playing. Would not be playing even if he was healthy. Could not provide high end goaltending for blues in last years first round so they showed him the door quickly. Never lived up to his big name and paycheck when it mattered. Even in Buffalo. Some regular season heroics and high lite saves was his peak.

]

Miller is more concerned about palying close to his accress wife than being an elite goalie anymore. he's washed up.

So, in the end, the Edm lottery win means notta to the Habs... I can live with that, unless of course there was a chance to land Hall, which there is not.

Montreal Top Six

Pacioretty: 6'2", 217lbs

Galchenyuk: 6'2", 205lbs

Smith-Pelly: 6", 222lbs

Plekanec: 5'11", 198lbs

Gallagher: 5'9", 180lbs

Desharnais: 5'7", 170lbs

New York Top Six:

Nash: 6'4", 213lbs

Kreider: 6'3", 226lbs

Brassard: 6'1", 202lbs

Stepan: 6", 196lbs

St. Louis (currently on third line but only as strategy vs. Pittsburgh to spread offence): 5'8", 176lbs

Zuccarello: 5'7", 179lbs

Top two teams in the east. Doesn't look like that big of a difference to me.

i ran into Gallagher and Desharnais in a bar two years ago. I'm 5'10''. there's no way that Gally is 5'9'' he's more like 5'7'' and the same can apply to Desharnais. David is 5'6'' at MOST.

]

Miller is more concerned about palying close to his accress wife than being an elite goalie anymore. he's washed up.

agreed! He hasn't been a high end goalie for at least a couple of years!

i ran into Gallagher and Desharnais in a bar two years ago. I'm 5'10''. there's no way that Gally is 5'9'' he's more like 5'7'' and the same can apply to Desharnais. David is 5'6'' at MOST.

It's possible you haven't measured yourself in a while, your shoes had more lift than them, they were not at proper posture or that all NHL heights are exaggerated.

As a wrestling fan I hear this stuff about wrestler heights all of the time. Usually guys exaggerate their personal height by an inch or two while wrestlers exaggerate their height by three to five inches.

It's possible you haven't measured yourself in a while, your shoes had more lift than them, they were not at proper posture or that all NHL heights are exaggerated.

As a wrestling fan I hear this stuff about wrestler heights all of the time. Usually guys exaggerate their personal height by an inch or two while wrestlers exaggerate their height by three to five inches.

John Cena came into a restaurant in Chelmsford, MA I was cooking for in 2009, he could fit in your back pocket. (Height wise) He was really cool, though. Signed autographs etc, for people. I didn't bother him, because the guy was trying to eat and celebrities don't really do it for me...

Guest Stogey24

John Cena came into a restaurant in Chelmsford, MA I was cooking for in 2009, he could fit in your back pocket. (Height wise) He was really cool, though. Signed autographs etc, for people. I didn't bother him, because the guy was trying to eat and celebrities don't really do it for me...

That guys forearms are like the size of my thighs

So, in the end, the Edm lottery win means notta to the Habs... I can live with that, unless of course there was a chance to land Hall, which there is not.

The only thing it will mean is that games against Edmonton should be a bit harder now. The Habs already struggle against them for some reason so even then, it may not change a whole heck of a lot.

The only thing it will mean is that games against Edmonton should be a bit harder now. The Habs already struggle against them for some reason so even then, it may not change a whole heck of a lot.

Or their team starts relying completely on McDavid and Plekanec just shuts him down for easy wins. I think on the positive side :)

You're right. I'm not 5'10''...I'm 5'9'' and 3/4. But Like I said, i was standing next to both Desharnais and Gally, and they were both at least 2 to 3 inches shorter than I am. I've run into Desharnais a few other times in restaurants at Quartier Dix/30 and once again, I was surprised to see how short he was!

In all seriousness..is Eberle reeeeally worth the hefty pricetag if he were on the market? I haven't seen enough of him since WJC's to honestly say that he's full value...thoughts anyone?

YES.

Hall

VS

Lekhonen Bournival Parenteau

Emelin Nygren

Fucale

Edm also sends two 6th round picks.

Do it. :thumbs_up:

I know that if I was GM of that team, I would be looking for a goalie with top-tier potential to grow with the young core, rather than trying to take chances on free-agent goalies, or overpaying for someone decent in a trade who will walk away in a year or two. If they are serious about building a contending team that will be good for the length of time you have Hall, McDavid, RNH, etc., you need a cornerstone goalie. And as far as top-tier potential goalies that could be available, Fucale fits the bill better than anyone else I can think of. He's the right age, and MTL really doesn't need him.

I'm sure Edmonton will get a veteran for the next few years, but they need a Fucale in the long run. How often does jumping from journeyman goalie to journeyman goalie each year ever work? -coughphillycough

I know that if I was GM of that team, I would be looking for a goalie with top-tier potential to grow with the young core, rather than trying to take chances on free-agent goalies, or overpaying for someone decent in a trade who will walk away in a year or two. If they are serious about building a contending team that will be good for the length of time you have Hall, McDavid, RNH, etc., you need a cornerstone goalie. And as far as top-tier potential goalies that could be available, Fucale fits the bill better than anyone else I can think of. He's the right age, and MTL really doesn't need him.

I'm sure Edmonton will get a veteran for the next few years, but they need a Fucale in the long run. How often does jumping from journeyman goalie to journeyman goalie each year ever work? -coughphillycough

Schneider eventually snagged Vancouver a 9th overall pick in Horvat.. . .