Apr. 24: Game 5, Ottawa vs Montreal

dlbalr

This is going 7 and I am not sure we win it....

This is the problem. We are counting on our goalie to win us this series (and other subsequent series). If he turns out to be a mere mortal and is outplayed by the opposing goalie, we are in deep, deep trouble.

Anderson is playing out of this world.... Over 40 saves again...

2. No horses or DEPTH to score when things tighten up...where are the top players,? YOUR BEST PLAYERs have to be your best players

3. Defense: players like GILBERT and the costly turnover in Game 4,, this series may have been over!

Picking on two of your points...

Top players are a problem. But depth (e.g. Weise) won us game three. That's not the primary problem.

Overall the defence is not such a huge problem IMHO. Gilbert, I agree, should not be playing. But other defencement are more than capable. It's the scoring that we are lacking -- see the above point.

This is going 7 and I am not sure we win it....

Anderson is playing out of this world.... Over 40 saves again...

Not really...most of those were easy saves because Habs forwards are too small and/or lazy to drive the net hard and battle to establish and keep a screen in place. It's not like he was robbing guys on grade A scoring chances.

Not really...most of those were easy saves because Habs forwards are too small and/or lazy to drive the net hard and battle to establish and keep a screen in place. It's not like he was robbing guys on grade A scoring chances.

Not arguing on shot quality, but size is not what's losing us these games.

yep. Anderson good enough. Other than the pleks break away i cant think of a single time he robbed a Canadien shooter.

This is going seven.

DD and Pleks will take over the series just in time.

and we were laughing at sens when they brought in a "rusty" Anderson.

Ask yourselves this: how many of these players would be among the top 6 on serious contenders like the Rangers or Ducks?

Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Devante Smith-Pelly
Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher

This, coupled with sub-par performances from our best D-men, D-man who outright sucks in Gilbert, and a horrendous powerplay are going to leave us in the position of needing Carey to be downright great to have a chance to win more often than not.

This team only rolls smoothly when Price is in a zone and the other team has to gamble to have any chance to score on him.

Parenteau will be in for DLR Sunday, you can bank on it

insignificant nothing move.

Ask yourselves this: how many of these players would be among the top 6 on serious contenders like the Rangers or Ducks?

This, coupled with sub-par performances from our best D-men, D-man who outright sucks in Gilbert, and a horrendous powerplay are going to leave us in the position of needing Carey to be downright great to have a chance to win more often than not.

This team only rolls smoothly when Price is in a zone and the other team has to gamble to have any chance to score on him.

Markov is worn out sooner than I warned he would be . Thought he would run out of gas in may like last year.

Sens are not playing that good yet have made it a series.

In would say three. MTL have their big ticket players on D and Goal, so it's not a fair comparison.

The Gilbert bashing is off base. He did score tonight. I don't like him either, but you can't pretend he's a minor leaguer just because he's a soft long haired pretty boy.

• Upvote 1

Wow. What a disaster.

I feel like puking...

The Habs seem really psyched out by Anderson - they just seem to have zero conviction in the o-zone with him in nets.

Could be in for a historic debacle. The team suddenly seems out of sync, lacking self-belief, and just kind of out of it. I think maybe they thought they had it in the bag at 3-0 and now are stuck on the back foot.

In would say three. MTL have their big ticket players on D and Goal, so it's not a fair comparison.

The Gilbert bashing is off base. He did score tonight. I don't like him either, but you can't pretend he's a minor leaguer just because he's a soft long haired pretty boy.

He stinks and would not get a sniff of ice time on the rangers, ducks, preds, lightning, wings, blues, wild, flames, caps, islanders, jets, Yet we have him paired with a rookie. (coaching 101: play the rookie with your best dman, not your worst) But that's the coaches blunder, not Gillys.

oh well, i love game 7's. I'll watch cricket if its a game 7.

Dont fret boys, even if we beat the sens, its obvious we aint going much deeper.

Watch the caps isles series, they way those two teams are playing they would kill the habs or sens.

He stinks and would not get a sniff of ice time on the rangers, ducks, preds, lightning, wings, blues, wild, flames,

yes he scored on a perfect tip by bobby ryan. but your right, he is outscoring DD in the series.

That's a bunch of crap. The Rangers are dressing Matt Hunwick and the Lightning have been rotating minor leaguers in the 6 D spot all year. The Wild are playing Matt Dumba, a mediocre rookie.

If we're going to trash people, how did your boy Carey do tonight?

Pacioretty stinks, the fwds on the first wave and power play success haven't met, DLR is out of his league and DD just sucks. That's why they can't close the deal. Not Tom Gilbert.

That's a bunch of crap. The Rangers are dressing Matt Hunwick and the Lightning have been rotating minor leaguers in the 6 D spot all year. The Wild are playing Matt Dumba, a mediocre rookie.

If we're going to trash people, how did your boy Carey do tonight?

Pacioretty stinks, the fwds on the first wave and power play success haven't met, DLR is out of his league and DD just sucks. That's why they can't close the deal. Not Tom Gilbert.

Show me where i said gilly is the reason we cant close the deal. Never said it once or implied it. He is almost as insignificant as Therrien.

You dont have to tell me "DD just sucks". Its play offs and i told you he would suck in the play offs all season long. History dont lie.

There are players that get you to the playoffs, players that get you through the playoffs, and then there are players like Desharnais.

like a boy playing with men

Show me where i said gilly is the reason we cant close the deal. Never said it once or implied it. He is almost as insignificant as Therrien.

You dont have to tell me "DD just sucks". Its play offs and i told you he would suck in the play offs all season long. History dont lie.

like a boy playing with men

That's a semantic difference. "Close the deal" vs "wouldn't play for all the teams that have worse defensemen except Nashville."

However, considering the Habs' turn of fortune, you must be pitching a tent. I'm happy someone is having a good night on here.

Half-way desperate at this point: I feel like Sergei Gonchar [who was booed continuously in Ottawa as a Senator] will rise to the occasion and haunt the sens in place of Gilbert if MT decides to do the switch for gm6

As for the Forwards...another dry showing.

Tidbits for Sunday:

1) firmly believe Lars Eller deserves to be on first PP unit..he is overdue to explode

2) if Gilbert plays: pull a Claude Julien and use Gilbert's size as a screen like Chara does on Boston: camp out front for 2nd unit of PP

3) enough of this markov subban rotation rubbish....put subban on LW and possibly go with Pleks on the right point with Eller and DSP down low (umbrella)

4) Lastly, keep the shots to the perimeter....Price will stop it if he can see it 92% of the time

That's a semantic difference. "Close the deal" vs "wouldn't play for all the teams that have worse defensemen except Nashville."

However, considering the Habs' turn of fortune, you must be pitching a tent. I'm happy someone is having a good night on here.

No but every time they lose you take personal shots. :cry_smile:

I'm not freaking out because as I have stated all year, MB is still building a winner but not there yet. Lacking what it takes down the middle. Plus they have sub par coach at best. Who could not build a decent powerplay to save his life.

Been a hab fan my whole life so a 5-1 loss in never a good night. Cant say i expected that. But i have stated before that I expect nothing from DD and Pleks in play off hockey games. All the closer addressing the weaknesses among our ice time leaders up front.

not to mention i like game 7's