April 26 ~ Game 6: CAPITAL PUNISHMENT EDITION

Markhov was brutal tonight. DD and Plekanec were terrible on the face-offs. Eller by far the best centre and he was not on the ice at the end. Therrien!

Plekanec 47%, Desharnais 54% -- not brutal, I think. Eller was 86% so we overall we did well from the face-offs.

so are there dates for the 2nd round yet?? looks like the western series are all done and two more to go for the East.

Ballzy move by MT to bench Markov at the end of the game

I'd call that a necessary move.

:1banana:Wow....my pulse is just know calming down after that. Thank God the Sens are gone. Dracula is finally spiked! No more blather about Craig Anderson and Mark Stone's wrist. Thank God. Onwards and upwards

Did I mention that Gallagher is my favorite player?

Hahahahaha"""

Hey guys... We're alive and moving on.

yea baby ! Not our best hockey but if we have a healthy Max , Gallys heart and Carey Price bring on the wings or lightning !! We are playing into May ! I'll take it.

Great job in keeping traffic away from in front of Price. He saw everything, so give credit where credit is due. Adjustment also I saw in clearing the puck out of own zone and away from danger zones!

What can you say about PRICE, thats why he is the HART winner!

BUT, with 16 minutes left in 3rd period, PP needs to be better and have killer instinct to get that second goal! The team has to solve that, better movement today!

Finally ELLER gets 17 plus minutes. ONLY FORWARD that was in full control and going into the danger zones, and penetrating down the middle, GIVE HIM WINGERS, PRUST 3 chances, Weise 2 chances, he hits the post from in traffic and 2 Senators on him

He sure steps up...but give him : Pacs, or Gallagher or Galenchyuk! any 2 of those 3...He needs to be on PP and number 1 ctr!!, total control in every aspect

CRUCIAL first goal by Gallagher, pure skill and hand eye coordination, to get that goal!!, wow..NO it wasnt a lucky goal like the Ottawa player mentioned between periods ( whats his name again?)

GILBERT: whats he doing on ice with 30 seconds left!! wow ( he did have his best game of series )

well, great no game 7...all in all its done, give Ottawa credit, they gave it their all!

Now TAMPA or DETROIT, doesnt matter who, at end of day they need to beat all they face!

Speed teams like Tampa and NYR give HABS issues... THUS they NEED TO SORT THEIR PP, Price can only carry them soo long!

Well, on to next series.

Bang on about Eller !!

yea baby ! Not our best hockey but a healthy Max , Gallys heart and Carey Price bring on the wings or lightning !! We are playing into May ! I'll take it.

I think Max looked a litte better out there tonight.. and I think one of the commentators was saying that he was beginning to get confident that his concussion issue was not going to be a problem.

Ballzy move by MT to bench Markov at the end of the game

not really, considering Markov had a lousy game!

Plekanec 47%, Desharnais 54% -- not brutal, I think. Eller was 86% so we overall we did well from the face-offs.

Both Plekanec and DD are not generating much opportunities for their wingers. Eller is by far the best centre. Therrien should give him better linemates; he deserves it.

anyone else tired of the Ottawa bias shown by the CBC? Was little Paul good enough to bring back from exile in Europe and honestly sick of Mike Johnson's lisping through every colour comment. Oh well, could have had never shut up McGuire I guess

so are there dates for the 2nd round yet?? looks like the western series are all done and two more to go for the East.

There are games scheduled up until Wednesday so nothing would start until Thursday at the earliest.

There are games scheduled up until Wednesday so nothing would start until Thursday at the earliest.

I hope we play Detroit, but am hoping we won't get stuck with weekend afternoon games for the benefit of NBC.

Both Plekanec and DD are not generating much opportunities for their wingers. Eller is by far the best centre. Therrien should give him better linemates; he deserves it.

Yes ... but you specifically said they were brutal on face-offs. The stats don't bear that out.

I hope we play Detroit, but am hoping we won't get stuck with weekend afternoon games for the benefit of NBC.

Well, we couldn't get Saturday games in this series for NBC's sake so I expect they'll be dictating start times regardless of who the opponent is.

Price needed to step up and he did! With him in net, you have a chance every night!

Hope the Wings win tomorrow.. Much better matchup!

I've got mixed feelings. On one hand, it would be nice to know tomorrow night we are playing the wings. However, i wouldn't mind them going to the wire and getting a bit more banged up.

Guest Stogey24

anyone else tired of the Ottawa bias shown by the CBC? Was little Paul good enough to bring back from exile in Europe and honestly sick of Mike Johnson's lisping through every colour comment. Oh well, could have had never shut up McGuire I guess

Underdogs, but I hear ya

amen to that.

Eller plays about 13 minutes a night through the 82 games....no powerplay time, plays with third and fourth liners, and sometimes he is center sometimes he is a winger. Put Plekss or DD in that situation and see how they fare.

Eller is our best centerman.