Fire Bergevin

TB is indeed a hard team to hate. They resemble Montreal quite a bit, actually, except they have a couple of higher-impact forwards.

I disagree that the Habs are boring. We're a fast team with an electrifying defenceman and a strong transition game. Lots of skating. No problem there. Besides, I'm pretty sure that if we were missing the playoffs by losing games 6-4 every night, fans would be even MORE enraged.

As for MB's supposed inactivity, you seem to be forgetting the small matter of the acquisition of VANEK. If that wasn't a blockbuster, what the hell was?

You're angry, I get it. The anger is best directed toward the frustrating circumstance whereby we've outplayed Tampa for most of the series and yet find ourselves about to be swept. S**t happens. No need to condemn or assail human beings for what is basically a lamentable set of circumstances.

TB is indeed a hard team to hate. They resemble Montreal quite a bit, actually, except they have a couple of higher-impact forwards.

I disagree that the Habs are boring. We're a fast team with an electrifying defenceman and a strong transition game. Lots of skating. No problem there. Besides, I'm pretty sure that if we were missing the playoffs by losing games 6-4 every night, fans would be even MORE enraged.

As for MB's supposed inactivity, you seem to be forgetting the small matter of the acquisition of VANEK. If that wasn't a blockbuster, what the hell was?

You're angry, I get it. The anger is best directed toward the frustrating circumstance whereby we've outplayed Tampa for most of the series and yet find ourselves about to be swept. S**t happens. No need to condemn or assail human beings for what is basically a lamentable set of circumstances.

exactly... we've outplayed TB for what 8 of 10 periods minus 2 periods of horrible discipline and an uncharacteristic bad PK!

we can't score plain and simple, we never could... we can drive the play of the game, we can defend, we just don't have the sharp shooters to put the puck in the bloody net... the playoffs are called much differently as evidenced and perimeter play cough cough galchenyuk aint gonna cut it or get you goals. lol wheres bourque when you need him lol!

I do not find them hard to hate... in fact, I hate them with a passion--especially Bishop-- and if they do tonight what I suspect they might I will hate them forever. I still hate the Oilers for 1984... or I will when they are good enough to make the playoffs again, and I still hate the Nordiques even though they don't exist anymore. I hate Lanny McDonald, the Hurricanes, the Rangers and the Leafs.

Most of all, I hate that our season which seemed so promising might be over so soon

Sometimes, there's just no deal to be had. MB tried, and didn't like what was being offered, or the price. MB has his dream job, and he has a mega star in goal for the next decade. I get the feeling he's trying to build a team that will contend for years to come, not a quick fix. This might be the dumbest thread Habsworld has ever had.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Before the trade deadline this was a boring team that won hockey games. After the deadline they were a boring hockey team that lost them. They completely shit the bed down the stretch. Now the've won 1 game in their last 6 and have got 2 goals from their forward in 9 flipping periods

Lovette I agree about the brand of hockey. All low scoring, dump and chase games. There is a reason you could hear the crunching of people eating their pop corn at home games. There was basically one goal to cheer about most games.

I do not find them hard to hate... in fact, I hate them with a passion--especially Bishop-- and if they do tonight what I suspect they might I will hate them forever. I still hate the Oilers for 1984... or I will when they are good enough to make the playoffs again, and I still hate the Nordiques even though they don't exist anymore. I hate Lanny McDonald, the Hurricanes, the Rangers and the Leafs.

Most of all, I hate that our season which seemed so promising might be over so soon

:thumbs_up: I am still pissed off about the 67 leafs. They never should have won that series dammit.

Sometimes, there's just no deal to be had. MB tried, and didn't like what was being offered, or the price. MB has his dream job, and he has a mega star in goal for the next decade. I get the feeling he's trying to build a team that will contend for years to come, not a quick fix. This might be the dumbest thread Habsworld has ever had.

We'll see. A lot of people were thinking the same thing when in the offseason of 2013 when I was posting that Lars Eller was a third line center, or more recently last night when I suggested reuniting DD and Max. Then they score two shifts later...

How good was Jiri Sekac last night? Most here had him pegged as the next Jere Lehtinen. There were plenty of things I've been wrong about for sure.

However...

I can guarantee this thread will outlast Marc Bergevin and we won't forget these flippant responses!

we are brothers from another mother you and I...

I'm a bit of an optimist but I see the Habs a lot like the early 90s Red Wings. 88 they lost in the Conference finals and 89 they lost in the first round. 90 they bottomed out. 91 they lost in the first round, 92 in the second, 93 and 94 they lost in the first rounds despite winning 47 and 46 games. There were talking about firing Bowman, trading Yzerman to the Habs or Senators, anything to get a win. In 95 they put it all together... to lose to the Devils in the Stanley Cup finals. Then in 96 they had the best regular season in the history of the game only to lose to the Avalanche in the conference finals. Did they blow it up? Nope, they trusted in their team and won two straight Stanley Cups.

I think this team is in the 91-94 range of the Red Wings back then. We won 50 games with two bad habits all year (bad powerplay, no 1st period scoring). A few more roster tweaks and this team will be a powerhouse in the regular season and the playoffs. We took the two worst matchups, won one and are on the verge of losing the other. We're losing this round despite dominating the Lightning in two of the three games. We just can't score. It sucks but it's not when you blow things up. If the game tonight leads to the Habs figuring Bishop out, they could still take the series. I believe that. They are winning the game everywhere but the opposing net. But they have to score.

I harbor no ill-will toward the Bolts..heck theyre a fun team to watch. I'd have to say that i'm just so fn disappointed in our own team. I know we had an amazing season, and I expected more..Oh well, silver lining is atleast we're on our way. We probably have some turnover on the roster coming..so, keep up the good work MB!

Something that wasn't picked up in the GDT, what the hell was Therrien doing putting the fourth line out there for two defensive zone faceoffs with under four minutes? That move pinned them in the defensive zone for the rest of the game.

Let me ask you this? Those were all cheap deals. All the Bergevin deals are bargains. Will he make a trade/signing that's not?

I wouldn't call Emelin Desharnais Eller or subban bargains. Even Briere at 4 wasn't worth it despite that he apparently could have had a lot more from other teams. Besides, how is it a bad thing if he signs bargain deals? If he signed vanek at 7 per year you might be complaining too. I don't think Bergevin it the soul guy too blame. Plus he's been here three years, and multiple of his drafts have already made the NHL. You can't expect him to draft the CORE in three years. But Give it 5 more years and I bet we see his picks turning into core players.

Fire Bergevin?

:monkey:

"Wonders if serious?"

No way.

Team is being built just fine, we have had our chances to win and shot ourselves in the foot a la Prust fiasco, and last night played a great game, but lost, that's hockey.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the inability to score, but I just can't say we were one scorer away either.

Bergevin is following the plan he laid out in the first place, and I am not totally disappointed in the 2014-15 Habs.

It's a work in progress, for sure. More changes are on the horizon. Be realistic, did we not exceed all expectations this season? Why fire the best GM we've had in decades? MB knows his shhhhtuff..give him time

Why? MB has stated numerous times he is NOT going to trade assets for rental players. He is following his plan.

MB said this was a transition year, they probably would have been fighting for an 8 seed if Price didn't have a monster year.

thats right. MB went on record saying they may take a step back this season ( last year raised expectations) in other words. may have over achieved. MB knows his team is not ready to win four rounds. Price, Subban and how hard they work has got them a ton of points. But play offs you need 20 plus guys that can play the type of hockey that takes a team into June. Habs dont have that ........... yet.

No! We have a team that should be up 3-1 by the way they played. Bad bounces and a fluky whale in nets. Can't blame management for that.

I'm a bit of an optimist but I see the Habs a lot like the early 90s Red Wings. 88 they lost in the Conference finals and 89 they lost in the first round. 90 they bottomed out. 91 they lost in the first round, 92 in the second, 93 and 94 they lost in the first rounds despite winning 47 and 46 games. There were talking about firing Bowman, trading Yzerman to the Habs or Senators, anything to get a win. In 95 they put it all together... to lose to the Devils in the Stanley Cup finals. Then in 96 they had the best regular season in the history of the game only to lose to the Avalanche in the conference finals. Did they blow it up? Nope, they trusted in their team and won two straight Stanley Cups.

I think this team is in the 91-94 range of the Red Wings back then. We won 50 games with two bad habits all year (bad powerplay, no 1st period scoring). A few more roster tweaks and this team will be a powerhouse in the regular season and the playoffs. We took the two worst matchups, won one and are on the verge of losing the other. We're losing this round despite dominating the Lightning in two of the three games. We just can't score. It sucks but it's not when you blow things up. If the game tonight leads to the Habs figuring Bishop out, they could still take the series. I believe that. They are winning the game everywhere but the opposing net. But they have to score.

Scotty bowman - Michelle Therrien

wings hired Scotty and then the final piece was added the year they won their first cup in 98....Brendan Shanahan

and yes, you could be considered a "bit of an optimist"

No! We have a team that should be up 3-1 by the way they played. Bad bounces and a fluky whale in nets. Can't blame management for that.

id add to that about 7 posts in 3 games, missed breakaways and tough breaks to end periods as our downfall so far. add to that the PK crash of 2 periods in game 2 and we've actually outplayed TB for 11 of 13 periods... slight adjustments and a little bit of puck luck...

Press Box:

Malhotra

Flynn

Weaver

Gonchar

All the "depp" really made the difference.

I'm not even going to bother with PAP this year or the deadline deals.

I wonder what kind of shit awful signing/trade we have in store. Does Murray want back in to the NHL?

MB is up to bat. I believe he knows what he needs. Yeah we digressed a bit from last year (didn't make it to conference round), so he called that one right. I have no doubt that division rivals will be stronger than last year. I like Petry and have suggested that he might be more valuable than Markov at this point. I think you got to move Desharnais and remove the temptation to play him in top six situations. MB has resisted the urge to go out and get a top dog for the season through free agency. I wouldn't be surprised that will continue until he believes we are close. My sense is to get that top dog, you will have to make a trade which will probably include some of your little pretties.

The Habs got 110 points, their best regular season in 20+ years.

They got Norris, Hart, Vezina and imo a Selke performance from Pacioretty.

They've outplayed their adversary for two of three games and only scored four goals. Once the joke of the Hamburglar was out of the net, the Habs couldn't score against Ottawa either.

There is nobody to blame but Marc Bergevin.

What a pathetic lot of assholes he brought in this year to augment a core that he's done NOTHING to construct.

Get this turkey out of here. Montreal deserves a GM that seizes their opportunities, not someone who is married to an imaginary plan.

You realize this is more resumé padding than reasons to fire, right? You've blamed Bergevin for some great success, not failure.

Only 4 teams out of 30 get further than Montreal did this year. One can argue about which GM can take credit for this team's strong performance, but make no mistake about it - it has been a strong performance.

This team isn't done yet. I'm actually surprised they did as well as they did ... there are more roster moves to make. And I'm a fan of doing it without sacrificing the future for rental players. But now that a weakness is clear and obvious, Bergevin has a mandate - we need goal scoring. We need a powerplay. Go get it.

• Upvote 1

You realize this is more resumé padding than reasons to fire, right? You've blamed Bergevin for some great success, not failure.

Only 4 teams out of 30 get further than Montreal did this year. One can argue about which GM can take credit for this team's strong performance, but make no mistake about it - it has been a strong performance.

This team isn't done yet. I'm actually surprised they did as well as they did ... there are more roster moves to make. And I'm a fan of doing it without sacrificing the future for rental players. But now that a weakness is clear and obvious, Bergevin has a mandate - we need goal scoring. We need a powerplay. Go get it.

But what's Bergevin's role in all this? If you remove Bergevin from the equation, what's the difference? No DSP?

In the Salary Cap era, even holding on to the performers you've already got is an achievement. So is jettisoning those who do not perform up to the salary you're paying them. (Dave Nonis's Clarkson trade was the best made by any GM in the entire NHL last year - and he traded for a guy who will never play another game in the NHL.)

MB now has some clear moves to make this off-season. We'll see if they improve.