Fire Bergevin

Lefevre keeping his job smells a lot like the old boys club in Edmonton under Kevin Lowe.

I'd have been shocked if he was fired. He's by far their most experienced and qualified of their regular assistant coaches, they weren't letting him go after one season. If the PP continues to be anemic into next year, that could change but his coaching pedigree earns him a second shot.

Unfortunately, the Hamilton/St. John's coaching staff is staying intact. Three years of ineptitude and Lefebvre still has a job. If they're being that patient with someone who loses all the time, they're not firing Lacroix after one year.

Come on Molson fire him already! :bonk:

Who ever is in charge of power play in this season...............should not be next season.

Dont need to be Sam Pollock or Bill Torey to come to that conclusion.

This thread does not make a lot of sense to me. Bergevin has been doing a helluva job so far IMO. Of course, the guy is not perfect, but let's be patient here. The team is going in the right direction.

Guest Stogey24

He isn't playing against him much because Oshawa is deep and plays a different line against McD, but he has still helped the Gens go up 3-1.

Oshawa is a team of giants

This thread does not make a lot of sense to me. Bergevin has been doing a helluva job so far IMO. Of course, the guy is not perfect, but let's be patient here. The team is going in the right direction.

Surely he was joking when he titled this thread.

MB and Carey need more time is all.

• 8 months later...

Great thread to read through, not because I was right about anything, in fact, the histrionics are pretty embarrassing, but this thread provides perspective of where we expected the team to go, and how they fell short last year. What a difference a year makes.

How's everyone's pal Bergevin looking now!

Still looking pretty smart and pretty poker faced to me bud!

No quick fix to this mess for this season without Price especially, and I think Bergevin's evaluation of exactly what he has got on this team is crystal clear now, and that is too many tissues, and not enough sand paper in my opinion.

Next year... :pray:

Guest Stogey24

How's everyone's pal Bergevin looking now!

(I posted this last year, sound firmiliar?)

Before the trade deadline this was a boring team that won hockey games. After the deadline they were a boring hockey team that lost them. They completely shit the bed down the stretch. Now the've won 1 game in their last 6 and have got 2 goals from their forward in 9 flipping periods

Lovette I agree about the brand of hockey. All low scoring, dump and chase games. There is a reason you could hear the crunching of people eating their pop corn at home games. There was basically one goal to cheer about most games.

(I posted this last year, sound firmiliar?)

Before the trade deadline this was a boring team that won hockey games. After the deadline they were a boring hockey team that lost them. They completely shit the bed down the stretch. Now the've won 1 game in their last 6 and have got 2 goals from their forward in 9 flipping periods

Lovette I agree about the brand of hockey. All low scoring, dump and chase games. There is a reason you could hear the crunching of people eating their pop corn at home games. There was basically one goal to cheer about most games.

I saw that last night.

Semin and Kassian took care of that problem...not. This RW is Bergevin's white whale, and like a Melville novel or story, the pace is glacially slow.

Sorry LM, cant blame him for opting to sign Petry and trying to fill RW without dealing away a Beaulieu/McCarron/1st picks/Galchenyuk or ...really has little else to offer.

Briere, PAP, Semin, Kassian, Murray, Moan, Emelin (more the no trade clause) I guess in hindsight could say were all bad signings

And Markov, Plekanec, Petry others will argue also poor choices.

Sorry LM, cant blame him for opting to sign Petry and trying to fill RW without dealing away a Beaulieu/McCarron/1st picks/Galchenyuk or ...really has little else to offer.

Briere, PAP, Semin, Kassian, Murray, Moan, Emelin (more the no trade clause) I guess in hindsight could say were all bad signings

And Markov, Plekanec, Petry others will argue also poor choices.

Petry sucks this year. They had one of the best defenses in the league, and a ten foot sinkhole on right wing, and he chose to sign a defenseman. Terrible mistake. Petry also did little to help us in the playoffs when we scored four goals in the first three games of the Tampa series.

Terrible trade/signing from a lousy GM.

Did you watch the same playoffs I did? Petry stood out... in a good way. And you were among the small minority who didnt like signing when deal was done, still really to be seen after only 40gms of contract (and 20 games post concussion or whatever injury he had).

Petry sucks this year. They had one of the best defenses in the league, and a ten foot sinkhole on right wing, and he chose to sign a defenseman. Terrible mistake. Petry also did little to help us in the playoffs when we scored four goals in the first three games of the Tampa series.

Terrible trade/signing from a lousy GM.

Boy you sure don't like MB, and right now we are in the "we gotta hang someone" mode. I think he has actually done a pretty job except for the fact he hasn't found a real scoring forward, right wing would be nice. But I don't think it because he isn't trying, it is terribly difficult to make trades in today's NHL. Between the cap, no trade clauses, and teams having their own internal problems with money. It is simply not easy, and I think the other GM's are kinda leery of getting taken to the cleaners by him. Oh and he hired Le Genius, but that is for another day. :)

Guest Stogey24

Petry has been a joke. He's -15 in his last 22 games. The Guy has been the worst D-man out there on alot of nights. I still think he's good signing, but don't act like he's been some saviour

Most of that was after coming back from his injury, can't remember if it was a concussion or not. The whole team sucks, why pick on Petry? the other 5 have been just as bad.

MB stated numerous times he isn;t giving up youngsters to improve the club for one year, he has had them in the playoffs each year, if you don't like his plan that's fine, but he hasn't really deviated from it.

The Pleks and Markov extensions is what I have a problem, don't mind Emelin's too much except the no movement stuff.

MB needs to do something to put his stamp on the team. He inherited the core. And Galchenyuk was sitting there for him.

He picked up a rental in Vanek.

He picked up a bottom 6 in Weise.

The top 6 is arguably WORSE then when he took over the team.

He needs to do something that makes this team his.. Trade a star for a star.

If that means moving a Pacioretty or a Galchenyuk or dare I say a Subban, he needs to do something.

The fact is, this core IS NOT good enough to win a cup. Even with the all-world Price.
SO CHANGE THE CORE

Yea, the core sucks. There are 2 keepers on the back end, 3 forwards. he rest are spare parts, not necessarily bad players just not good either.

Eller's contract was not a good one either, forgot to mention that.